• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Oval Office address was a wasted opportunity

How much was the life of the police officer worth? You would rather have your lettuce picked?

Hundreds of abducted children were identified as being used by illegal immigrants to pose as families in 2018 so I don’t have a problem with separating children from adults until those relationships can be verified. If you think those facilities are concentration camps then you need to visit what remains of Auschwitz for perspective. As for what completing the barrier solves, the gaps in the existing barrier are exploited by predatory smugglers to bring people in here, rob them, and leave them to die. Hundreds of such corpses are found in the Sonora desert every year. The gaps need to be closed and if people want to climb a ladder they can and would rather do that with San Diego on the other side than wander through a gaping hole to be murdered in the middle of nowhere or otherwise perish trying to navigate a desert.

I'm happy for you that you approve of the use of concentration camps. You should read some history.

That's an interesting sentence because a couple of weeks ago there were reports that Trump's golf course hired illegals and possibly supplied them with phony papers.

Maybe. If so then heads should role if it can be proven.

If they did not come to the US illegally they would not be in what you consider "servitude". So what your saying is most illegals are of poor skill set and are only suited for manual labor.
Which is why they are valuable assets and commodities. And the industries that we rely on every day and the politicians that accept their donations realize this.

A problem? Sure. A pressing problem worth shutting the government down? Not even remotely.

I agree. Having retired from the feds over 14 years ago I do not like employees being used as political pawns. So Trump and Congress need to quit this childish behavior and get down to work.

Your solution for the illegal immigration is...…………………….?

I've already posted at least twice that we could do this on the cheap using our existing stock of anti-personnel land mines. Very effective & cheap.

I agree. Having retired from the feds over 14 years ago I do not like employees being used as political pawns. So Trump and Congress need to quit this childish behavior and get down to work.

One of my favorite posters at DP(who has since moved on, sadly) was a republican federal employee. Yeah, they are the ones I feel bad for.

You claimed "hundreds of abducted children". Your source claims 46 last year, 191 this year, none were abducted.

My source says “Two years later, children are indeed being kidnapped or borrowed by illegal immigrants trying to pose as families, according to Homeland Security numbers, which show the U.S. is on pace for more than 400 such attempts this year. That would be a staggering 900 percent increase over 2017’s total.”

“Homeland Security recorded 191 cases of children having to be separated because of fraudulent family claims during the first five months of fiscal year 2018. That already eclipses the 46 cases reported for all of 2017. While some of the cases involve abductions, other cases involve children whose parents knowingly lend them to friends looking to pose as a family. Homeland Security is tight-lipped about individual cases but has publicly acknowledged the problem. “We’ve had many cases where children have been trafficked by people who weren’t their parents,” Thomas D. Homan, the acting chief at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told Congress on Tuesday.”

What changed in 2018 that allowed DHS to identify a 900% increase in kidnapped children and otherwise unrelated kids “borrowed,” i.e. sold for use as catch and release bait?

Last edited:
My source says “Two years later, children are indeed being kidnapped or borrowed by illegal immigrants trying to pose as families, according to Homeland Security numbers, which show the U.S. is on pace for more than 400 such attempts this year. That would be a staggering 900 percent increase over 2017’s total.”

“Homeland Security recorded 191 cases of children having to be separated because of fraudulent family claims during the first five months of fiscal year 2018. That already eclipses the 46 cases reported for all of 2017. While some of the cases involve abductions, other cases involve children whose parents knowingly lend them to friends looking to pose as a family. Homeland Security is tight-lipped about individual cases but has publicly acknowledged the problem. “We’ve had many cases where children have been trafficked by people who weren’t their parents,” Thomas D. Homan, the acting chief at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told Congress on Tuesday.”

What changed in 2018 that allowed DHS to identify a 900% increase in kidnapped children and otherwise unrelated kids “borrowed,” i.e. sold for use as catch and release bait?

So, no abductions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...office-address-was-wasted-opportunity-n956601

First Read is your briefing from "Meet the Press" and the NBC Political Unit on the day's most important political stories and why they matter.

WASHINGTON — Heading into Trump's speech last night, we were scratching our heads about what exactly the president would do with the bully pulpit.

Would he announce a national emergency at the border — and simultaneously call for an end to the shutdown — to give himself leverage on the wall? Express support or compassion for federal workers worried about their paychecks? Offer new information or a new pitch to reassure skeptical Republicans that he’s right to stay the course?
================================================
Trump blew this chance by just parroting crap he's spouted for the last 5 years. Government statistics prove that there is no immigration crisis on our southern border but Trump & his stooges keep insisting there is with no evidence.
I think NBC wrote that article before the speech.

Impress me because I’m confused because what type of security are we talking about here? I’m curious about it because I’m sorry but, I don’t really care who has the house which is lower than the senate. Here’s my question and answer truthfully. (Be very careful about this wording)Can we take this to the United States Supreme Court and see if a president of the United States has a right to re-enforce immigration laws and has a right to implement a proper “barrier” to make people come into the country a proper way? Show me in the United States constitution that says about immigration and (The fourteenth amendment is doesn’t work on adults or children who are already born outside of the country)

Do you consider the 11 to 12 million illegals in the US a problem?

It'll only be a crisis if they start voting Republican. See how fast a wall goes up if THAT happens!

It'll only be a crisis if they start voting Republican. See how fast a wall goes up if THAT happens!

Is this that virulently dishonest lie about illegals voting for Democrats rearing it's ugly, stupid, and dishonest head again?

My word, I have no idea how you conservatives make it through each day, what with being victimized by imagined shadows at every turn. :roll:

Yep.. But my point is in many cases the 'businesses' supply the illegals with phony papers and Id's..

Then the business owners should be charged with what the laws allow.

Interesting how others have answered the question but not Jack.

Back
Top Bottom