• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's National Golf Club in Bedminster hired undocumented immigrants

This is just one more example of 'do as I say, not as I do'. Undocumented workers at Bedminster Golf Club were hired at this property to do the housekeeping and other tasks.

Probably dozens more at Mar-a-Lago. His clothing line is still Made in China. No surprise. Laws are for everyone else.

Why would you think the Trump Organization runs the day to day operations of the over 500 businesses it owns all or part of ??

I'm really amused at the degree you guys back pedal for Trump. Had that been Hillary, you guys would be shouting "lock her up"

Buck stops with the man at the top, didn't you get the memo?

You don't have to "run the day to day operations" on matters of overall business policy. Businesses do have policies, or at least ones that are managed well do.

Trump could have easily, by issuing a policy statement to his underlings, to check everyone and make sure they are legal. It was the salient point of his campaign.

He didn't.

Therefore, he's responsible.

He's done it in the past, as well.

The NYY's also reported in their story;

"There is no evidence that Mr. Trump or Trump Organization executives knew of their immigration status."

And there is no evidence Mr Trump created a policy of checking and double checking foreigners for his underlings to pay extra close attention to, given that is the SALIENT POINT of his campaign. Pleading ignorance of one's employees doesn't get one off the hook.

The buck stops with the man at the top.

I'm really amused at the degree you guys back pedal for Trump. Had that been Hillary, you guys would be shouting "lock her up"

Buck stops with the man at the top, didn't you get the memo?

You don't have to "run the day to day operations" on matters of overall business policy. Businesses do have policies, or at least ones that are managed well do.

Trump could have easily, by issuing a policy statement to his underlings, to check everyone and make sure they are legal. It was the salient point of his campaign.

He didn't.

Therefore, he's responsible.

He's done it in the past, as well.

So, you've read the Trump Organization hiring policy ??

trump knew the slobbering white bigots that make up his base would support his idiotic and offensive comments regarding immigrants....He doubled down...promised them a wall, send the US Military to the border to sit on their ass.....hinted they would shoot them.....But that doesn't mean he won't hire them....The labor is cheap and it keeps the profits high.....He played these white trash morons , to get their support......Well played Mr trump

And there is no evidence Mr Trump created a policy of checking and double checking foreigners for his underlings to pay extra close attention to, given that is the SALIENT POINT of his campaign. Pleading ignorance of one's employees doesn't get one off the hook.

The buck stops with the man at the top.

I'm a bettin there's no evidence that you even know what the Trump Organization hiring policy is.

I'm a bettin there's no evidence that you even know what the Trump Organization hiring policy is.

we know it is one that does not vet adequately to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants
that has been demonstrated by this story of illegals working at his NJ golf resort

we know it is one that does not vet adequately to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants
that has been demonstrated by this story of illegals working at his NJ golf resort

Actually all it shows is the managers of Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster may have broken the law hiring illegals.

Well, it must be lax enough to hire illegals.

It's a no brainer, that conclusion. In fact, Trump has a history of doing this, because he knows they can be exploited and exploiting people is Trump's favorite pass time . Evidence provided on request.

When a man running for president goes out of his way to make hating illegals the core of his campaign, one might think he would go the extra mile and not let his underlings allow one to slip through.

If this were Hillary, I can hear the "lock her up" chants.

It's a no brainer, that conclusion. In fact, Trump has a history of doing this, because he knows they can be exploited and exploiting people is Trump's favorite pass time . Evidence provided on request.

When a man running for president goes out of his way to make hating illegals the core of his campaign, one might think he would go the extra mile and not let his underlings allow one to slip through.

look for the average (uneducated) trump supporter to blame Hillary...or say uh duh Obama did it to

You would think so wouldn't you?

Brings back his argument he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not loose any supporters. What-eva, he does what he wants!

*Well, it must be lax enough to hire illegals.*

Or the managers of Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster broke the Iaw.

There just simply isn't enough information at this time to make a determination.

Actually all it shows is the managers of Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster may have broken the law hiring illegals.

They failed to follow adequate policies or adequate policies were not put in place
Either way that's a management efficiency

*Well, it must be lax enough to hire illegals.*

Or the managers of Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster broke the Iaw.

There just simply isn't enough information at this time to make a determination.

Ultimately, Trump is responsible for:

1. The staff he hires who hire staff.

2. Company policy

3. How well that policy is enforced.

If his companies are anything like he runs the WH, we can assume that they, too, are a ****tangle.

Trump is responsible for everything under him.

If the problem is that he has too many things under him that he can manage, which is probably the case,
he is still responsible because he caused that situation to be brought about.

In my humble opinion

Back
Top Bottom