• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's National Golf Club in Bedminster hired undocumented immigrants

Don't get your knickers in a twist, Cardinal, but neither is going to happen.

LOL Meaning you don't really care about illegals taking American jobs any more then Trump does. I figured as much. It's all an act to get him crowned King but that's never "going to happen". Trumps crimes will be prosecuted.

689ab7a7f3156d12d128c428fc769982.jpg

"... Morales first crossed the border illegally in 1999 and used falsified documents so she could be employed by the golf club. ..."

"... Although there is no evidence to suggest that Trump or the Trump Organization were aware of their immigration status, ..."

"... The women contacted the New York Times through their attorney. ..."

So, let me get this straight: illegal falsifies documents in order to get a job = 2 strikes
Somehow gets US legal resident status, hires a lawyer to drag her former employer through the mud?!?

[emoji38]

I think these people get sought out and paid by ... whoever ... to create "damaging" stories on Trump & Co.
Another nothingburger in the long list of daily BS printed by the NYT.
Humblepi looking to a disgraced old rag to do his fake news story for him.

Sent from Hillary's private email server.

It must be tiring to have to constantly come up with more creative deflections, evasions, and soulless bull.
"Soulless bull****"? Sounds like you trying for a writing job with the New York Rag uh I mean Times.

Sent from Hillary's private email server.

e-verify is required to be used by all employers located in NC
and no undocumented workers were found to be employees of tRump's NC golf course
unlike his NJ course where that state does not compel the use of e-verify
that causes me to ask why congress refuses to compel all employers to use e-verify
to do so would be a strong measure in an effort to eliminate the USA job magnet for undocumented workers

e-verify is required to be used by all employers located in NC
and no undocumented workers were found to be employees of tRump's NC golf course
unlike his NJ course where that state does not compel the use of e-verify
that causes me to ask why congress refuses to compel all employers to use e-verify
to do so would be a strong measure in an effort to eliminate the USA job magnet for undocumented workers

Without the undocumented workers who will do the work?...........You?

Without the undocumented workers who will do the work?...........You?

US citizens and documented immigrants

... and robots

Its entirely possible that the golf course hired a cleaning company who employed these people. You could, for example, hire a lawn care company and have no idea whether or not the people employed by that company are legal. But what is the point of outing these women? It seems likely that they will lose their jobs and possibly be deported. But I guess it doesnt matter who gets trampled so long as it generates an anti-Trump headline.

I'm sure you're right, and it's not like the Trump has a habit of working with unscrupulous people or unscrupulous companies. I'm confident there will be an investigation and that it'll clear the good Trump Organization's name.

The NYY's also reported in their story;

"There is no evidence that Mr. Trump or Trump Organization executives knew of their immigration status."

Isn't the onus on the employer to background check employees? -- and I should think especially of foreign workers when not hiring illegals is one of the most salient aspects of his campaign.

There is no excuse by Trump, here.

"... Morales first crossed the border illegally in 1999 and used falsified documents so she could be employed by the golf club. ..."

"... Although there is no evidence to suggest that Trump or the Trump Organization were aware of their immigration status, ..."

"... The women contacted the New York Times through their attorney. ..."

So, let me get this straight: illegal falsifies documents in order to get a job = 2 strikes
Somehow gets US legal resident status, hires a lawyer to drag her former employer through the mud?!?

:lol:

I think these people get sought out and paid by ... whoever ... to create "damaging" stories on Trump & Co.
Another nothingburger in the long list of daily BS printed by the NYT.

No, this is a Bob's big boy, the onus is on the employer to background check foreign workers.

Oh.....So corporations (like trump's) aren't to blame...I see

not compelling the use of e-verify allows employers to use bogus documents to complete the requisite I9 giving the appearance of legitimacy to the now fraudulently documented immigrant
e-verify verifies the immigrants' documents for legitimacy

Isn't the onus on the employer to background check employees? -- and I should think especially of foreign workers when not hiring illegals is one of the most salient aspects of his campaign.

There is no excuse by Trump, here.

Why would you think the Trump Organization runs the day to day operations of the over 500 businesses it owns all or part of ??

This is just one more example of 'do as I say, not as I do'. Undocumented workers at Bedminster Golf Club were hired at this property to do the housekeeping and other tasks.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trumps-national-golf-club-in-bedminster-hired-undocumented-immigrants-report

The Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., hired "many" undocumented immigrants, according to a new report outlining a claim that could create political problems for President Trump given his push to curb illegal immigration.

The New York Times reported Thursday that among the illegal immigrants hired there were Victorina Morales of Guatemala and Sandra Diaz of Costa Rica. Housekeepers at the golf resort, the women said that many other housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping employees are also undocumented immigrants.

They entered DECADES AGO, and had FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS. Yeah, it's "Trump's Fault".

Ever wonder why the left ALWAYS has to LIE ABOUT/MISREPRESENT EVERYTHING? You should....

I don't care whom he hires so long as they are Americans, and the only reason I even care about that is because of his rhetoric.
-- Trump argued that the country has to cut legal immigration because foreign workers are taking American jobs and undermining domestic wage growth.

You think Trump knows all about who makes his bed or cleans the house or rooms at his hotels? I'll bet you even believe he personally hires each one. Many of these people have fake paperwork. Once he knows, he needs to get rid of them, and make room for legals.

You think Trump knows all about who makes his bed or cleans the house or rooms at his hotels? I'll bet you even believe he personally hires each one. Many of these people have fake paperwork. Once he knows, he needs to get rid of them, and make room for legals.

do you believe tRump does not have the authority to direct his staff to use more refined methods of hiring to weed out illegals

he does not experience this problem in north carolina where it is required that an employer use e-verify

You wouldn't want any diversity on his staff would you? And if he hired white people you'd call him Hitler.

I don't care whom he hires so long as they are Americans, and the only reason I even care about that is because of his rhetoric.
-- Trump argued that the country has to cut legal immigration because foreign workers are taking American jobs and undermining domestic wage growth.

Red:

Blue:
You've now twice in this conversation with me presumed to know what I would do/what I believe. You do not know me, nor I you; therefore you'd do well to refrain from positing what I believe or might do/say.

Pink:
(See "blue + red" above.)

7mPP.gif

Back
Top Bottom