• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

It wasn't really a question but thanks for taking you lips of your masters rear end long enough to reply.

Looked like a question. I guess you don't know how to structure a sentence.

And don't project your fantasies about rear ends on me. Not my thing.

That's a pretty empty claim my friend.

Did the President need the House to get money to build the border wall?

The business of the Nation doesn't come to a halt because the House refuses to do anything but try to impeach the President.

The President has executive powers that can and do allow them to work around the House when it refuses to act.

No he stole it from other departments and did not get enough to do more rthan necessary repairs and small additions.

True, it comes a halt when I he Republican Senate refuses to vote on hundreds of bills coming from the House.

In a very limited capacity, he won't get any major legislation accomplished now.

Looked like a question. I guess you don't know how to structure a sentence.

And don't project your fantasies about rear ends on me. Not my thing.
Meh...

I disagree, you seem firmly connected.

No he stole it from other departments and did not get enough to do more rthan necessary repairs and small additions.

True, it comes a halt when I he Republican Senate refuses to vote on hundreds of bills coming from the House.

In a very limited capacity, he won't get any major legislation accomplished now.

He stole it?

You are dismissed. Not wasting any more time on your nonsense.

I’ve heard both versions. I understand they (and their aides) were the only three to leave, presumably because they have more to prove.

Couldn’t you have picked a bitchier article? LOL.

Either way, optional cooperation with the house has ended.
Thanks. Yeah, I don't remember where, but think it was the Pelosi press conference on the lawn outside the meeting where the Dems claimed Trump called them.

I had little choice with my choice of article source. The original is AP, but it wasn't to a static link, so I had to poke around. I thought it was important and enlightening to see the gist of the conversation, though. I literally was able to picture the conversation, when reading the section I quoted.

Of course, I earlier saw this now well-circulated picture:

(Pelosi claims the image captures the moment she said, "All roads ...")

GS75IDXUVNBSRE6LZADHH3NMQM.jpg

The business of the Nation doesn't come to a halt because the House refuses to do anything but try to impeach the President.

The President has executive powers that can and do allow them to work around the House when it refuses to act.
Actually, Trump got to swap emergency funds not because he was Constitutionally entitled to them (he wasn't), but rather he got them because Congress ceded emergency powers in a previous Congress (something I suspect they regret). And remember, he never got "money" for the wall. He can only get money from the House. What Trump did, was take monies from other parts of his operating budget that Congress earlier gave him.

But in this specific incident of the recent meeting, that being the Resolution against him, he had no choice but to deal with Pelosi. It was her resolution.

And furthermore, to call my claim of the importance of the House for Trump to be able to administer, your statement is ridiculous. He can't even get operating expenses without them, much less get any legislation.

lol
Yeah, I like that play of the word.
Unlike mine, the state I visited back then had 18 y.o drinking. Trust me, that made the dairy air worth every breath. I never even noticed it!

:thumbs:

Source: (The Week) Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

[I sourced The Week, rather AP, because AP's website uses a dynamic update format making it impossible to link the quoted material statically]

--

Well! These were some dynamics!

"All roads lead to Putin"?

and,

"That's not a plan, that's a goal"?

Yeah, I see how this meeting blew-up. Particularly with the Putin comment (whether accurate or not).

Nance and Chucky let their mouths overload their asses.

The part I love about this is that Pelosi left the meeting early, but the media was already set up and waiting. Tantrum on a schedule.

Far from melting down, Trump was having papers passed out, which Pelosi never bothered to read.

That's a good point. Why in the world would the media ever think about being there when House leaders meet with a president who is the subject of an impeachment inquiry.

Crazy stuff.

Well maybe Moscow Mich should get off his ass and pick up one of the hundred and some bills the house has sent them.

It's not the house who is not doing their job...

Another thought ... if this is what Pelosi is willing to say ... then I suspect these articles are going to be a hell of a lot more than about the phonecall, but something deeper.

Uh, yes

Jt isn’t about just a phone call. Trump keeps trying to mislead his audience into believing it is. This is a Trump tactic. It’s a shiny object.

Read the title of your thread back to yourself again. IF she said that to the president, and I have no reason to believe she didn't say it, it is she who had the meltdown. You don't say something like that to the POTUS... I don't care who she thinks she is.

yes, because tRump speaks so presidentially [/s]

part of the underlying reason for the malaise our nation is now in is due to the fact that no one dares challenge what tRump says. he finds that disloyal. so, he is used to being surrounded by a bunch of sycophants who kiss his ass and tell him how wonderful his words are. it has become tRump's expectation, not just as president but before, as fat-ass richie rich

in walks the House speaker, who knows exactly what to say and he falls for it every time. remember when tRump took responsibility for the government shutdown during their last televised meeting?

tRump calling Pelosi a third-rate politician must be found to be statesmanship to you

good for Nancy, goading him as only she can. tRump gave her the excuse to walk out and embarrass him. Nancy is playing chess while the donald is setting up his checker board

later, tRump releases this photo of Nancy in an effort to demean her. what does she do with it? yep, makes it her home page header:
Pelosi standing up to tRump.jpeg

Unlike mine, the state I visited back then had 18 y.o drinking. Trust me, that made the dairy air worth every breath. I never even noticed it!

:thumbs:

Wisconsin?

Right because "all roads with you lead to Putin" is such a mature comment. Pelosi started it, then ran out whining because Trump fought back. Pathetic.

as we soon saw from tRump ... the truth hurts

Another thought ... if this is what Pelosi is willing to say ... then I suspect these articles are going to be a hell of a lot more than about the phonecall, but something deeper.

We all know how deep it goes. Even the Cultists know. They just don’t care.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham denied the Democrat's characterization of the meeting, saying, "The President was measured, factual and decisive, while Speaker Pelosi’s decision to walk out was baffling, but not surprising. She had no intention of listening or contributing to an important meeting on national security issues. While Democratic leadership chose to storm out and get in front of the cameras to whine, everyone else in the meeting chose to stay in the room and work on behalf of this country."

Now there is an unimpeachable source. Thanks for clearing that up.

LOL

Give me a warning when you plan to waste my time like this.

I know, trying to get repubs to admit their shortcomings is a waste of time. You can't criticize the shameless.

You seem to forget who controls the money flow, it ain't trump or the Senate.

Dems can't cut spending. Spending is a central pillar of their platform.

Dems can't cut spending. Spending is a central pillar of their platform.

You think Repulicans spend less, nope, if they truely were Conservatives they would but that ended long ago. With the Repub Senate ignoring many Dem House Bills the situation switches when the Senate or President wants to spend money. One branch of Congress is not really more powerful than the other, they just have different powers.

You think Repulicans spend less, nope, if they truely were Conservatives they would but that ended long ago. With the Repub Senate ignoring many Dem House Bills the situation switches when the Senate or President wants to spend money. One branch of Congress is not really more powerful than the other, they just have different powers.

They both spend a lot but Republicans slightly lesso and they also have it as part of their talking points so they have to at least keep it somewhat in check.

Back
Top Bottom