• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

Chomsky is a gentleman who I consider a worthy debate partner... his wannabe keeper, not so much.
Well thanks! But I think you'll find I pretty strongly disagreed with your last post I replied to before This! :2razz:

EDIT: Ah, you've already replied.

Fletch is going to die on the sword for Trump, so there is literally no point debating him.
As long as Fletch is respectful and reasonable, and he always is when conversing with me, I'm happy to dialogue with him.

Yeah, most of us see Trump as being impossible to defend. But after Trump, we're still all going to be on the same ship - the good ship U.S.A - trying to move it forward.

As long as Fletch is respectful and reasonable, and he usually is, I'm happy to dialoque with him.

Yeah, most of us see Trump as being impossible to defend. But after Trump, we're still all going to be on the same ship - the good ship U.S.A - trying to move it forward.

We'll see if it moves after 4 (8) years of this insufferable, intolerant BS.

Source: (The Week) Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

[I sourced The Week, rather AP, because AP's website uses a dynamic update format making it impossible to link the quoted material statically]

--

Well! These were some dynamics!

"All roads lead to Putin"?

and,

"That's not a plan, that's a goal"?

Yeah, I see how this meeting blew-up. Particularly with the Putin comment (whether accurate or not).

Oh snap!
giphy.gif

We'll see if it moves after 4 (8) years of this insufferable, intolerant BS.
I see things today that anger, shock, and alarm me. However, my relatives high-tailed it out of Europe before, during, and after the war (WW-II). Even decades later, that war and the atrocities done cast a shadow over my family that my parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents could never cast aside.

We are a close family, that lived in very close proximity when I was growing-up. Most of us literally lived within a few blocks. We shared two-flats. We interacted daily. We had extended family dinners most Sundays after mass, often after attending mass together. It seems nearly every family get together had some component of discussion of the war, even if was just to have a moment's prayer in remembrance of or family members that did not survive, had suffered (most everyone), or were separated from us by the Atlantic. As a child I overheard all those conversations, to say nothing of those that were specifically directed to us children.

So after a childhood experience like that, and seeing the greatness and recovery that took place after the darkness of Hitler's Europe & Hirohito's Asia, I have no doubts our great country will rise above Trump. What's going-on now is bad, but we've been through far worse. And we've always risen to the occasion.

I hate ISIS more than you do. What a moron.

Of course they walked out, they are dealing with a child.

Gave me a start, too. What a moronic thing to say. Anyone on this board who said that would be heaped with scorn and abuse and deserve it.

The three :stooges whiners who stormed out of the meeting are those who had the meltdown.

Fake News! Here's a reality check for you, try and follow what really happened, how Trump had the meltdown and what a disgrace he has been for this great country of ours. Take your blinders off just for a few minutes, don't worry, your cult leader can't see you.

Source: (The Week) Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

[I sourced The Week, rather AP, because AP's website uses a dynamic update format making it impossible to link the quoted material statically]

--

and,

Yeah, I see how this meeting blew-up. Particularly with the Putin comment (whether accurate or not).

It is very accurate, who just won here, the Kurds, nope, trump, maybe business investment's and all in Turkey matter, Syria, yeup, end that war, the Turks, yeup, got to kill off some Kurds and push out a Million plus Syrian refugees, Russia, yes, Putin/Russia just wrapped up their military efforts in Syria and now control the sector if the ME, a d the Kurds are now his allies while making the US lose stature as major voice in the ME. We won nothing, the Kurds got new allies and the rest goes the Victor's, that does not include us.

They should have stayed. Let me remind you again, that those three stormed out of the meeting. The meeting went on without them...

You do recall that Trump stormed out of the last two meetings. He also opened this meeting with a statement that he didn't want to do the meeting. What kind of meeting when on without them?

--

and,

I understand the democrats asked for the meeting, but his decision doesn’t need them. The democrats probably planned to start a fight and then leak the contents of the meeting anyway since that is the method of attack the House impeachment committee has chosen. My guess is they came there to start a fight anyway. They cannot expect to be embraced with their “Star Chamber” going on. It is the elephant in the room, and from now on everything will be tainted by it.

Nice try, democrats.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham denied the Democrat's characterization of the meeting, saying, "The President was measured, factual and decisive, while Speaker Pelosi’s decision to walk out was baffling, but not surprising. She had no intention of listening or contributing to an important meeting on national security issues. While Democratic leadership chose to storm out and get in front of the cameras to whine, everyone else in the meeting chose to stay in the room and work on behalf of this country."

Oh my....and of course Stephanie Grisham must be the first Trump secretary who does not lie on command?

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said,

"It's very disappointing to see the Democratic leadership walk out of this meeting," he said.

"When there is a time of crisis, leaders should stay" whether they like what they’re hearing or not, he added.

I completely agree with Senator McCarthy....

Not at all surprised.

Read the title of your thread back to yourself again. IF she said that to the president, and I have no reason to believe she didn't say it, it is she who had the meltdown. You don't say something like that to the POTUS... I don't care who she thinks she is.

This POTUS has removed all expectations of civil behavior in his administration. She was actually giving him a heads up.

Kevin McCarthy: Top Democrats who walked out of White House meeting just '''infatuated''' with impeachment | Fox News

"These people are infatuated — they are fixated on impeaching this president instead of worrying about fixing our problems," he said.

"Who is the leader? The person who stayed in the room and had a discussion. The people who left the room are the ones who can't handle it."

LOL Trump lives there. ....sometimes when he is not billing the Govt. by staying at his clubs. Where was he going to go?.

The part I love about this is that Pelosi left the meeting early, but the media was already set up and waiting. Tantrum on a schedule.

Far from melting down, Trump was having papers passed out, which Pelosi never bothered to read.

Since Trump walked out of the last two meetings early, the press was probably waiting for him.

Trump's problem was not solving Turkey. It was in preventing further political and Congressional actions against him. This meeting came immediately on the heels of the House Resolution against Trump, with the vast majority of the Republican House voting against Trump. Trump was screwed, and had to protect himself from further Republican defections.

Well said, and so true.

??

Without Pelosi & Schumer, there is no substantive meeting. Trump can't get past the House without Pelosi.

Trump has proven the citizens of the US don't need the House, and the House has proven the Citizens don't matter to it.

Trump's problem was not solving Turkey. It was in preventing further political and Congressional actions against him. This meeting came immediately on the heels of the House Resolution against Trump, with the vast majority of the Republican House voting against Trump. Trump was screwed, and had to protect himself from further Republican defections.

There is nothing the President can do about the New Democratic Party members in Congress. They have lost their minds.

Giving them a chance to prove it with their pathetic walk out played right into the President's palm.

Think not? The Senate failed to overturn the President's veto on his National Emergency Resolution today.

They should have stayed. Let me remind you again, that those three stormed out of the meeting. The meeting went on without them...

Yeah, all ten minutes of it. LOL

Pelosi won the day...the picture of her literally standing up to Trump at a table full of white men looking shamed was priceless and will be a great optic for the election.

It is very accurate, who just won here, the Kurds, nope, trump, maybe business investment's and all in Turkey matter, Syria, yeup, end that war, the Turks, yeup, got to kill off some Kurds and push out a Million plus Syrian refugees, Russia, yes, Putin/Russia just wrapped up their military efforts in Syria and now control the sector if the ME, a d the Kurds are now his allies while making the US lose stature as major voice in the ME. We won nothing, the Kurds got new allies and the rest goes the Victor's, that does not include us.
And let's not forget the damage to our reputation. With Iran, even after the Saudi drone attack, we could not get anyone to come along even in just sanctions. No one wants to work with us.

Trump has proven the citizens of the US don't need the House, and the House has proven the Citizens don't matter to it.

So sorry but You don't speak for the Citizens. If anything trump proved we don't need him.

I understand the democrats asked for the meeting, but his decision doesn’t need them. The democrats probably planned to start a fight and then leak the contents of the meeting anyway since that is the method of attack the House impeachment committee has chosen. My guess is they came there to start a fight anyway. They cannot expect to be embraced with their “Star Chamber” going on. It is the elephant in the room, and from now on everything will be tainted by it.

Nice try, democrats.
Do you have evidence supporting the bolded?

You need to read the Constitution, my friend.

--

and,

Always interesting to see how the bias media words things. With Trump it's a "meltdown" when he responds to provocations such as this with anger, which is justified. I wonder if Trump had called Pelosi a dumb addled bitch and she got mad if they'd characterize it as a meltdown on her part.

Back
Top Bottom