• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Pelosi said Russia has long sought a "foothold in the Middle East" and he had just given Russian President Vladimir Putin such an opening, adding: "All roads with you lead to Putin." That's when the already-tense meeting "reached a fever pitch," the Times reports.

The Associated Press recounts the next few exchanges:

Trump: "I hate ISIS more than you do."

Pelosi: "You don't know that."

Schumer: "Is your plan to rely on the Syrians and the Turks?"

Trump: "Our plan is to keep the American people safe."

Pelosi: "That's not a plan. That's a goal."

Source: (The Week) Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

[I sourced The Week, rather AP, because AP's website uses a dynamic update format making it impossible to link the quoted material statically]

--

Well! These were some dynamics!

"All roads lead to Putin"?

and,

"That's not a plan, that's a goal"?

Yeah, I see how this meeting blew-up. Particularly with the Putin comment (whether accurate or not).

Source: (The Week) Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

[I sourced The Week, rather AP, because AP's website uses a dynamic update format making it impossible to link the quoted material statically]

--

and,

Yeah, I see how this meeting blew-up. Particularly with the Putin comment (whether accurate or not).

he was thinking "****, they figured it out!"

--

and,

Another thought ... if this is what Pelosi is willing to say ... then I suspect these articles are going to be a hell of a lot more than about the phonecall, but something deeper.

Another thought ... if this is what Pelosi is willing to say ... then I suspect these articles are going to be a hell of a lot more than about the phonecall, but something deeper.
I give her credit. She's a fighter, and calls it like it is. Both are great leadership qualities.

--

and,

The three :stooges whiners who stormed out of the meeting are those who had the meltdown. They couldn't wait to run to the media and blather about the POTUS.... The rest of the people who were in the room stayed and went on with their meeting. Pelosi was being overly theatrical, business as usual with her.

Ooof. That's not a plan, that's a goal. Hilarious.

Pelosi for the win.

She's talking to a guy who claims to be a big manager and she took him to school.

So he attacked her personally because you know, that's what you do when you have nothing else.

He knows he's wrong and he loves Putin. Who is Nancy to tell him he cannot express his man-love for Putin while being President? How dare she!
Trump knows it wasn't a plan and was just a goal...he was...you know...just feeling emotional because Putin left him hanging on Syria, he needs a call to tell him it's all gonna be OK.

I hate ISIS more than you do. What a moron.

Of course they walked out, they are dealing with a child.

The three :stooges whiners who stormed out of the meeting are those who had the meltdown. They couldn't wait to run to the media and blather about the POTUS.... The rest of the people who were in the room stayed and went on with their meeting. Pelosi was being overly theatrical, business as usual with her.
??

Without Pelosi & Schumer, there is no substantive meeting. Trump can't get past the House without Pelosi.

I do like the "that's not a plan, that's a goal" line.

I do like the "that's not a plan, that's a goal" line.

I had an old boss who would use that line. I learned how to make plans :shrug:

of course my job is much lower stakes than the ****ing presidency

??

Without Pelosi & Schumer, there is no substantive meeting. Trump can't get past the House without Pelosi.

They should have stayed. Let me remind you again, that those three stormed out of the meeting. The meeting went on without them...

Trump's 'meltdown' apparently started when Pelosi told him 'all roads with you lead to Putin'

Well, he certainly seems to have a problem with true statements.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham denied the Democrat's characterization of the meeting, saying, "The President was measured, factual and decisive, while Speaker Pelosi’s decision to walk out was baffling, but not surprising. She had no intention of listening or contributing to an important meeting on national security issues. While Democratic leadership chose to storm out and get in front of the cameras to whine, everyone else in the meeting chose to stay in the room and work on behalf of this country."

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said,

"It's very disappointing to see the Democratic leadership walk out of this meeting," he said.

"When there is a time of crisis, leaders should stay" whether they like what they’re hearing or not, he added.

I completely agree with Senator McCarthy....

They are evidently including the Mueller stuff in the impeachment...

They should have stayed. Let me remind you again, that those three stormed out of the meeting. The meeting went on without them...
Sorry Trix, without them there's no meeting of substance. Not as long as we still have a Constitution.

They are evidently including the Mueller stuff in the impeachment...

One thing I've been curious about is that Mueller stated that he cannot consider indictment of a sitting president. Will his stance change once Trump is out of office?

--

and,

Is it coincidence? Every time tRUMP makes a move, Russia benefits.

No it didn't, without them it was just a coffee break, not a meeting...

Sorry Trix, without them there's no meeting of substance. Not as long as we still have a Constitution.

Read the title of your thread back to yourself again. IF she said that to the president, and I have no reason to believe she didn't say it, it is she who had the meltdown. You don't say something like that to the POTUS... I don't care who she thinks she is.

No it didn't, without them it was just a coffee break, not a meeting...

You were then?
I'll take the word of those who remained in the meeting, thankUverymuch.

What did the meeting accomplish?
Since it continued, there must be something noteworthy.

Back
Top Bottom