• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Many Racist Supporters

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
As many who have followed Trump's campaign closely knows, the link between Trump and racist supporters is nearly undeniable. Prominent white supremacists have voiced their explicit support for Trump, some have recorded robocalls encouraging white individuals to vote for Trump, and white supremacist groups have repeatedly shown up to Trump rallies. The reason for their support is numerous, but they likely have viewed Trump's unwillingness to condemn their group, their level of access to his campaign, or that his speeches are eerily similar to KKK speeches from the 1920s as implicit, if not explicit, endorsement.

However, this Washington Post article really delves into some data to back up the anecdotal stories outlined above. For example, this Pew Research Poll released Thursday found that while 59 percent of voters nationwide believe that diversity is beneficial to America and that only 8 percent believe diversity makes America worse, those numbers are 39% and 17% respectively for Trump supporters. And the data doesn't stop there. This analysis of a Post/ABC News Poll found that economic anxiety was just as predictive, if not slightly less so, than those expressed concern over whether whites are losing out because of preferences towards black and latino individuals. And that factor persisted even after controlling for other variables, like demographics or attitudes. The article goes to cite more data, like the link between Trump support in an area and higher middle-aged white death rates or in areas where the number of google search queries that are racists are high.

Many of Trump’s supporters have racist motivations for backing him: Not all — but a lot of ’em. And while it is unfair to paint all Trump backers as bigoted, it’s impossible to ignore a growing volume of public-opinion data showing that a large number of his supporters are indeed driven by racial animus.

Last edited:
Many of Trump’s supporters have racist motivations for backing him: Not all — but a lot of ’em. And while it is unfair to paint all Trump backers as bigoted, it’s impossible to ignore a growing volume of public-opinion data showing that a large number of his supporters are indeed driven by racial animus.

How cliche. Sad. Leftists can't do any better than cry racism. ROTFLMAO

As many who have followed Trump's campaign closely knows, the link between Trump and racist supporters is nearly undeniable. Prominent white supremacists have voiced their explicit support for Trump, some have recorded robocalls encouraging white individuals to vote for Trump, and white supremacist groups have repeatedly shown up to Trump rallies. The reason for their support is numerous, but they likely have viewed Trump's unwillingness to condemn their group, their level of access to his campaign, or that his speeches are eerily similar to KKK speeches from the 1920s as implicit, if not explicit, endorsement.

However, this Washington Post article really delves into some data to back up the anecdotal stories outlined above. For example, this Pew Research Poll released Thursday found that while 59 percent of voters nationwide believe that diversity is beneficial to America and that only 8 percent believe diversity makes America worse, those numbers are 39% and 17% respectively for Trump supporters. And the data doesn't stop there. This analysis of a Post/ABC News Poll found that economic anxiety was just as predictive, if not slightly less so, than those expressed concern over whether whites are losing out because of preferences towards black and latino individuals. And that factor persisted even after controlling for other variables, like demographics or attitudes.

I'm sure we could find Hillary supporters who think blacks are better than whites. I'm sure we could find the same thing among Bernie supporters. I'm sure there are racists all over the country who believe their race is superior to another. This drum has been beaten and continues to be beaten. Until you exterminate racists, they're going to support someone. Criticize and oppose Trump because of his vague policies and business failings. This goes nowhere.

I'm sure we could find Hillary supporters who think blacks are better than whites. I'm sure we could find the same thing among Bernie supporters. I'm sure there are racists all over the country who believe their race is superior to another. This drum has been beaten and continues to be beaten. Until you exterminate racists, they're going to support someone. Criticize and oppose Trump because of his vague policies and business failings. This goes nowhere.

You must admit that there is a difference between being able to find a few supporters and being able to find a large body of empirical data to support a significant link between racists and their support for Trump, right?

And the post isn't designed to just criticize his supporters. It specifically cites to reasons that they drawn to Trump and thus, a reason why Trump should be criticized. The fact that the language used in his speeches are eerily similar to KKK speeches from the 1920s IS a very justifiable reason to criticize Trump himself.

You must admit that there is a difference between being able to find a few supporters and being able to find a large body of empirical data to support a significant link between racists and their support for Trump, right?

And the post isn't designed to just criticize his supporters. It specifically cites to reasons that they drawn to Trump and thus, a reason why Trump should be criticized. The fact that the language used in his speeches are eerily similar to KKK speeches from the 1920s IS a very justifiable reason to criticize Trump himself.

So then don't vote for Trump. Nobody's forcing you to do it. Why do you care what his dopey supporters think? The white racists usually vote for the Republicans anyway.

Just because Trump's message appeals to those with prejudices, does not mean everyone that supports Trump are themselves prejudiced.

It is a silly effort to demonize an entire group as all being the identical in ideology because of the actions of some within in that group.

How cliche. Sad. Leftists can't do any better than cry racism. ROTFLMAO

Oh, I can do a lot better than just "cry racism" like note that his tax policy would add 10 trillion to the national debt, that his plan to build a wall along the Mexican border would cost 25 billion dollars initially and an additional 25 billion roughly every seven years, that his plan to put a tariff on China at rates of 45% would likely cause a trade war, and that his economic policies are rated as one of the top 10 greatest threats to the global economy.

And that is just off the top of my head.

Just because Trump's message appeals to those with prejudices, does not mean everyone that supports Trump are themselves prejudiced.

It is a silly effort to demonize an entire group as all being the identical in ideology because of the actions of some within in that group.

I believe my final paragraph, and indeed the fact that the title of the OP is the "many" supporters, addresses this concern.

So then don't vote for Trump. Nobody's forcing you to do it. Why do you care what his dopey supporters think? The white racists usually vote for the Republicans anyway.

I am not posting this article because I am trying to convince myself or anyone that they should vote for or against Trump. I am posting this information because it is interesting to a political discussion of the Republican front-runner, his supporters, and the reasons behind the link between racists and Trump.

And I believe that I posted that information to a relevant location. If you don't believe the information is informative, useful, or interesting - that is your prerogative.

It's not the ones who think blacks are better than whites we need to worry about. It's the ones who think blacks are incapable of helping themselves and thus need the infrastructure of a nation to "achieve justice" that we need to worry about.

Not really at all no.
I don't like Trump just to get that out of the way.
"Make America Great Again" and wanting to close the borders in no way resembles "Give the white man back the power!" or "Make sure they know their places!" as almost direct quotes from the Klan's earlier days.
This is a stretch of the likes that "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time..." makes the President a Communist that wants to control us against our wills.

Shaming voters IS exactly what this article is about (I mean it cites SNL for chrissakes) just as assuredly as every "Obama = Muslim" article is meant to shame Obama supporters.

Edit: Again. I detest Trump. But I detest him for logical reasons.

Last edited:
Oh, I can do a lot better than just "cry racism" like note that his tax policy would add 10 trillion to the national debt, that his plan to build a wall along the Mexican border would cost 25 billion dollars initially and an additional 25 billion roughly every seven years, that his plan to put a tariff on China at rates of 45% would likely cause a trade war, and that his economic policies are rated as one of the top 10 greatest threats to the global economy.

Here's your problem - nobody was listening to you on the other stuff so you feel compelled to gild the lily, as if you doubled down on the hate rhetoric folks would magically start listening to you.

The WP has been doing their best to sink Trump from the beginning, it's the goto source for this sort of nonsense. I don't get why you care either way, he's not your candidate, it's obvious you're not going to vote republican no matter who we choose as our candidate and heck, the general election hasn't even begun yet.

Not really at all no.
I don't like Trump just to get that out of the way.
"Make America Great Again" and wanting to close the borders in no way resembles "Give the white man back the power!" or "Make sure they know their places!" as almost direct quotes from the Klan's earlier days.
This is a stretch of the likes that "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time..." makes the President a Communist that wants to control us against our wills.

Shaming voters IS exactly what this article is about (I mean it cites SNL for chrissakes) just as assuredly as every "Obama = Muslim" article is meant to shame Obama supporters.

Edit: Again. I detest Trump. But I detest him for logical reasons.

Where does it cite to SNL?

Oh you mean the Atlantic article about the similarities between his speech and the 1920s KKK speech. I don't agree with the notion that it is citing to SNL - just a cultural reference that may have prompted the analysis.

And it's not like the argument just goes, "Make America Great" is the same as "X white supremacist slogan." It is based on the hyper nationalism of both and the willingness to blame foreigners in both. That seems indisputable, but the argument was never that he copied their speech or anything like that.

Last edited:
Here's your problem - nobody was listening to you on the other stuff so you feel compelled to gild the lily, as if you doubled down on the hate rhetoric folks would magically start listening to you.

The WP has been doing their best to sink Trump from the beginning, it's the goto source for this sort of nonsense. I don't get why you care either way, he's not your candidate, it's obvious you're not going to vote republican no matter who we choose as our candidate and heck, the general election hasn't even begun yet.

Are you disputing the logic of the claims that I cited or just questioning the source?

And does it really matter whether you understand why I want to discuss Trump or his supporters?

Opening paragraph?
More importantly. Pretty much everything else I pointed out.

I amended the post. I referenced like 10 different articles in the OP - I wasn't sure which article you were discussing.

Are you disputing the logic of the claims that I cited or just questioning the source?

And does it really matter whether you understand why I want to discuss Trump or his supporters?

Both, and it matters because there's a difference between your hate filled spew and regular vanilla hating on the opposing candidate. You seem more invested in hating Trump and as I mentioned, he's not even the opposing candidate yet. Once again, we all know you're not going to vote republican, so your role with all this hatred is what? We all see you're heavily invested - why?

Both, and it matters because there's a difference between your hate filled spew and regular vanilla hating on the opposing candidate. You seem more invested in hating Trump and as I mentioned, he's not even the opposing candidate yet. Once again, we all know you're not going to vote republican, so your role with all this hatred is what? We all see you're heavily invested - why?

Mostly laying the groundwork for when/if he does become the nominee.

The Left does it to get votes. Good race relations is adverse to the Democratic Party.

The Left does it to get votes. Good race relations is adverse to the Democratic Party.

And poor race relations is positive for Donald Trump apparently.

And poor race relations is positive for Donald Trump apparently.

If the Dems got no minority votes, they would hardly get any votes at all.

However, this Washington Post article really delves into some data to back up the anecdotal stories outlined above. For example, this Pew Research Poll released Thursday found that while 59 percent of voters nationwide believe that diversity is beneficial to America and that only 8 percent believe diversity makes America worse, those numbers are 39% and 17% respectively for Trump supporters. And the data doesn't stop there. This analysis of a Post/ABC News Poll found that economic anxiety was just as predictive, if not slightly less so, than those expressed concern over whether whites are losing out because of preferences towards black and latino individuals. And that factor persisted even after controlling for other variables, like demographics or attitudes. The article goes to cite more data, like the link between Trump support in an area and higher middle-aged white death rates or in areas where the number of google search queries that are racists are high.

Why is it assumed that if a white person loves his own people, he must hate others?

LMAO you leftists didn't whine about debt when BO double it. All of a sudden debt is very, very important? LOL Get real.

Since when have leftists been concerned with pissing money away?

If the Dems got no minority votes, they would hardly get any votes at all.

Yes. Precisely. exactly.

Without that solid 90% bloc of black voters, Dems don't win national elections, thus that group is pandered to .
White liberals have to pretend they care about the systemic poverty among blacks. It's NEVER their fault. ( God forbid) and only the Gov't can help them.

How is it different from Blacks voting for Obama at the time, or for Hillary now, because both were and are pandering for their votes?
Trump is a clown, but he isn't the racist and neither are his supporters. Look at the other side more carefully

Back
Top Bottom