• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's losing the troops?

Greenbeard

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
More for the "it's not 2016" file. Usually the GOP candidate crushes the Dem candidate in the Military Times Poll.

Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll — and more troops say they’ll vote for Biden
The latest Military Times poll shows a continued decline in active-duty service members’ views of President Donald Trump and a slight but significant preference for former Vice President Joe Biden in the upcoming November election among troops surveyed.
In the latest results — based on 1,018 active-duty troops surveyed in late July and early August — nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view. Questions in the poll had a margin of error of up to 2 percent.

Among all survey participants, 42 percent said they “strongly” disapprove of Trump’s time in office.
In the 2016 Military Times Poll, nearly twice as many respondents said they planned to vote for Trump than then Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Exit polls from the election showed a similar margin after election day.

A 2012 Military Times Reader Survey — conducted in a non-scientific fashion — showed respondents favoring then Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney by a 2.5-to-1 margin.

QETXYB4M5ZCUNDC2SAYSH5TN2Y.jpg

Would it really be surprising if he did? He’s signed away their safety to Putin, when he’s not bragging about using them as mercenaries for Saudi Arabia.

I have three members of the Military in my family (Air Force and Navy) and none of them are voting for Trump. One voted for Trump in 2016 but won't be in 2020.

I actually posed the question to them not too long ago, asking what the view of most of their coworkers/friends in the Military were about Trump. I was genuinely curious what the perspective was from those in the Military. The synopsis was that young white guys that joined the military at 18 from places like Oklahoma and Alabama loved Trump. The reset of the crowd didn't think much of him, and don't have much confidence in his leadership.

Back
Top Bottom