• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's lies and corruption disgrace presidential legacies of Lincoln and Washington

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-legacy-washington-lincoln-column/2376588002/

It is hard to imagine that there is a line from George Washington to Donald Trump, that we could have so squandered the legacies of past generations.

A corrupt and fraudulent family foundation. Hush money to mistresses to help swing an election — felony violations of campaign finance laws. Seeking and embracing the help of an enemy to win an election. Repeatedly obstructing justice to cover up those crimes.

Selling out American interests to patrons overseas. Profiting from the presidency. Helping foreign murderers cover up the murder of an American permanent resident. Attacking our allies. Destroying the international architecture that has been the foundation of our strength.
===============================================
I wonder what the odds makers are laying for his reelection - or not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-legacy-washington-lincoln-column/2376588002/

It is hard to imagine that there is a line from George Washington to Donald Trump, that we could have so squandered the legacies of past generations.

A corrupt and fraudulent family foundation. Hush money to mistresses to help swing an election — felony violations of campaign finance laws. Seeking and embracing the help of an enemy to win an election. Repeatedly obstructing justice to cover up those crimes.

Selling out American interests to patrons overseas. Profiting from the presidency. Helping foreign murderers cover up the murder of an American permanent resident. Attacking our allies. Destroying the international architecture that has been the foundation of our strength.

I knew what I was doing in 2016 when I refused to vote for him. Everything since he won has only confirmed how right I was.

I wouldn't vote for him to clean Nancy Pelosi's toilets in the Capitol building.

Slow day in TDS land?

#LAFFRIOT

Slow day in TDS land?

#LAFFRIOT

Slow day in HDS & ODS lands? I haven't seen anyone of you reactionaries pile on to either of them in...hours.

re·ac·tion·ar·y Dictionary result for reactionary
/rēˈakSHəˌnerē
adjective
(of a person or a set of views) opposing political or social liberalization or reform

Last edited:

You think this is bad...this nonsense is nothing compared to what we already had...and what we would have had if Hillary was elected.

But don't worry. Trump will be re-elected. You have almost 6 more years of making **** up about Trump ahead of you.

Reminds me of liberal posts when he entered the race....all so righteously certain a clown like him could never win the White House, like when he was 11% in the polls.

I would be surprised by NOTHING and my money now goes to a Trump victory, but a victory that will be contested for decades with evidence of tampering, voter suppression and some good old calling out of the national guard in a national emergency to "protect the safety" of voting booths.

I cannot see the current status of hate in the US softening through any election results, I believe Thomas Jefferson's famous quote will be in evidence "...the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

You think this is bad...this nonsense is nothing compared to what we already had...and what we would have had if Hillary was elected.

But don't worry. Trump will be re-elected. You have almost 6 more years of making **** up about Trump ahead of you.

I expect we'll see levels of rage, apoplexy and dishonesty that is astonishing even for the left.

I expect we'll see levels of rage, apoplexy and dishonesty that is astonishing even for the left.

I have no doubt about the levels of rage, apoplexy and dishonesty, but it won't astonish the left. They will revel in it.

Of course when Dems are floating ideas like open borders, socialized medicine, Medicare for all, 90% top tax rates and additional taxes on top of income and all other taxes, no wonder people only want to talk about Trump. The left fringe is truly in charge and will guarantee six more years of Trump. Rational ideas calmly offered might win but they are incapable of it.

I have no doubt about the levels of rage, apoplexy and dishonesty, but it won't astonish the left. They will revel in it.

I meant that we'd be astonished by them surpassing what we thought they were capable of. Maybe we shouldn't really be surprised.

Another democrat that wished president Trump was not our president! So darn funny.....

David J. Rothkopf (born 24 December 1955) is a liberal professor of international relations, political scientist and journalis
Before joining the Clinton Administration, Rothkopf was co-founder, chairman and chief executive of International Media Partners, Inc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rothkopf

David Rothkopf
‏Verified account @djrothkopf

David Rothkopf Retweeted RynheartTheReluctant

Many people think Trump or Putin has something on Graham and that is why he has become such a **** sandwich of a shill of a hack. But I think it could be a neurological disorder. Or maybe he has signed on with Satan and is an enemy of God and all that is good. One of those.

https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1089534374075400192

Another democrat that wished president Trump was not our president! So darn funny.....

David J. Rothkopf (born 24 December 1955) is a liberal professor of international relations, political scientist and journalis
Before joining the Clinton Administration, Rothkopf was co-founder, chairman and chief executive of International Media Partners, Inc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rothkopf

David Rothkopf
‏Verified account @djrothkopf

David Rothkopf Retweeted RynheartTheReluctant

Many people think Trump or Putin has something on Graham and that is why he has become such a **** sandwich of a shill of a hack. But I think it could be a neurological disorder. Or maybe he has signed on with Satan and is an enemy of God and all that is good. One of those.

https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1089534374075400192

What a surprise.

You willing to put money on that bet that Trump will win a 2nd term?

I think we need a betting thread with loses going to DP fund.

You willing to put money on that bet that Trump will win a 2nd term?

I think we need a betting thread with loses going to DP fund.

No. I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't gamble.

No, the left will ignore the hyperbole spouted by the right and quietly get on with getting elected and running the country in a sound, democratic and consensus way.

The dark stain of Trump's presidency will never be erased but the Democrats can and will push the USA forward with progressive policies that will, at least, allow us to forget what happened under Trump.

Back
Top Bottom