• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trumps Inaugural Grift

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm tracking two stories from the Trump inaugural committee. It's no shocker that Trump fleeced the whole entire event and my hope is that this investigation will lead to some juicy behind the scenes reporting about how the MAGA rallies are set up. But that's not the focus of this thread, even though the Inauguration got overshadowed by the Bezos stuff last night. What's more interesting is where the money went:

I do not believe the Variety report here has adequately put together where at least $16 million of that $40 million unaccounted for money has gone.

These are the two factors I am following closely:

The fact that Trump’s Inaugural Committee Paid $26 million to Firm of First Lady’s Adviser; Stephanie Winston Wolkoff who just so happens to be close friends with Michael Cohen and Tom Barrack among other Trump critters.

The second: Nearly $24 million of that money was paid for projects related to the work of a subcontractor, Inaugural Productions, an independent organization affiliated with television producer Mark Burnett. That's the same exact Burnett that made Trump a reality TV star. Note: Burnett has been hiding more damaging Trump stories.

The SDNY and the FBI has obtained recordings and documents from Michael Cohen about his relationship with Wolkoff where they discussed the chaos of the inauguration and the involvement of the Trump family. All of which the aptly named Trump Crime Family said they were not involved in.

For her part Wolkoff said she paid herself and paid everyone properly (but these are the trumps we are talking about here. They don't pay *anyone* properly).

What remains to be seen is if Wolkoff is telling the truth about such billings, and that they didn't simply wind up in Melania's pockets. Even so, where did rest of $16 million go?

Last edited:
It is unpatriotic to even suggest any wrongdoing.

Back
Top Bottom