• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's goin' down. Again.

Michael Cole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Crazy David Perdue's illness on display last Sunday.

ATLANTA - The top two Republicans running for governor in Georgia launched the first of three debates Sunday by fighting over who was responsible for 2020 and 2021 Republican election losses, with former U.S. Sen. David Perdue pressing his attack that incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp is to blame for Democratic control in Washington, while Kemp fired back that Perdue was trying to pass the blame for his own loss to Democrat Jon Ossoff.

Perdue continued to showcase support for debunked claims that Democrats fraudulently won the 2020 presidential election and the 2021 U.S. Senate runoffs in Georgia.

"The election in 2020 was rigged and stolen," Perdue said during a debate held Sunday night. "All the madness we see today ... all that started right here in Georgia when our governor caved and allowed out radical Democrats to steal our elections."

Kemp said he followed the law, that Perdue was lying to voters about his claim that Kemp permitted a settlement agreement over how signatures on absentee ballots were verified, and that the secretary of state and State Election Board have primary responsibility for investigating election wrongdoing.

"I was Secretary of State for eight years," Kemp said, "and I don’t need to be lectured by someone that lost their last election about what our voting laws are and who has responsibilities for those in our state."

How is Trump going down?

RCP average: Kemp +13.8

The poll, conducted by the University of Georgia’s School of Public and International Affairs among 886 likely primary voters, found Kemp with 53 percent support compared to Perdue’s 27 percent.

Let's hear it for my media sources, Trumpy Pumpies! How ya like me now?

Trump picks another loser.

Here's a real winner of a meme.

we-re-going-to-win-so-much-y-o-u-8824361.png

Even in Georgia they're ignoring him. It's downhill from here on out for the orange sun god.
I believe you are correct. DeSantis is the new Trump. Long live the Trump. Lmao.

Fox doesn't mention it, but "The election in 2020 was rigged and stolen" were the first words out of Perdue's mouth.

"First off, folks, let me be very clear tonight, the election in 2020 was rigged and stolen," Perdue began his opening statement.

The crazy isn't very popular anymore. Even in Georgia. Among Republicans. Trump's goin' down.

I'm getting more & more respect for the 'new' Georgia.

A Deep South Swing state, that's not Florida. It doesn't get any more interesting than that!
Agreed.

DeSantis has the benefit of never having to mention the election, and he wisely hasn't.

The U.S.A. is in a perilous position. The country dodged a bullet but the danger has not passed.

As long as you have citizens that will accept untruths as fact, because it fits the world view they hold, your country is in decline.
When winning is more important than truth, and the radical religious right want to win, then your country is going down.
When truth takes a backseat to ambition, your country is going down.

Your country was once amazing,.
In 50 years it will be the biggest 'Iran', the world has ever seen.
It will be Christian law, instead of shariia, but the devastation will be the same

The U.S.A. is in a perilous position. The country dodged a bullet but the danger has not passed.

As long as you have citizens that will accept untruths as fact, because it fits the world view they hold, your country is in decline.
When winning is more important than truth, and the radical religious right want to win, then your country is going down.
When truth takes a backseat to ambition, your country is going down.

Your country was once amazing,.
In 50 years it will be the biggest 'Iran', the world has ever seen.
It will be Christian law, instead of shariia, but the devastation will be the same
I understand it may look that way, but we are better than that.

You are mistaken. The problem with the country is that it is moving away from its Christian roots and values, that is what will destroy it.

Honestly, anyone running on the 2020 election being stolen deserves to lose.
Especially someone that lost to a Democrat.

Of course, Trump being transactional, I'm sure running on the 2020 election is required for an endorsement.

You are mistaken. The problem with the country is that it is moving away from its Christian roots and values, that is what will destroy it.
That's a societal issue. The government is supposed to be secular.

That's a societal issue. The government is supposed to be secular.
unless you want to win an election, then you best either be, or be able to pretend you are,
Christian.

That happened the first day they got here.

A Deep South Swing state, that's not Florida. It doesn't get any more interesting than that!
I love the 'new' Georgia also, Chomsky. What I don't love, is all of these assholes that keep telling the entire civilized world our U.S. elections are "rigged." That is precisely what our foreign enemies want everyone to hear, and nothing good at all comes from such foolish, dangerous, irresponsible rhetoric from our elected officials who should know better that to say stupid shit like that.

I believe you are correct. DeSantis is the new Trump. Long live the Trump. Lmao.

Fox doesn't mention it, but "The election in 2020 was rigged and stolen" were the first words out of Perdue's mouth.

"First off, folks, let me be very clear tonight, the election in 2020 was rigged and stolen," Perdue began his opening statement.

The crazy isn't very popular anymore. Even in Georgia. Among Republicans. Trump's goin' down.
Good to hear.

I love the 'new' Georgia also, Chomsky. What I don't love, is all of these assholes that keep telling the entire civilized world our U.S. elections are "rigged." That is precisely what our foreign enemies want everyone to hear, and nothing good at all comes from such foolish, dangerous, irresponsible rhetoric from our elected officials who should know better that to say stupid shit like that.
You saw this, right? It doesn't get much clearer.

YOUR definition of Christian, maybe. It's a much broader church than just evangelicals.

As a foreigner by self-identification, I'm not at all happy with America's descent into voter idiocy. It only takes 30% or so, overlaid on the reliable partisan vote, to elect someone worse than Trump. Trump's Supreme Court has prepared for a Dictatorship of the President, just as soon as one or the other party run a competent Dictator. The 30% rejoice in being lied to, and repeating the lies, because they don't give a damn about anything besides offending the mainstream. They're an army of trolls!

Living in this state, seeing the attack ads back and forth, and watching that ridiculous debate... I would find it surprising if Kemp is unseated by Perdue.

Perdue's only message is 2020 was stolen, Kemp is responsible for it all, so elect him. That is literally his whole campaign largely financed by Trump.

The only interesting aspect to this is seeing if Trump alone, as a name and a money source, is enough to win a race for Governor. And I am sure other states are watching.

The upside is I am very pleased to see Trump sponsored candidates lose primaries. The downside is that Kemp is much more likely to beat Abrahms than Perdue. While it may be true that Trump's "top of the ticket" choices may lose primaries my real worry is the numbers of Trumpers running and being elected in lower-level positions that have control over counting and certifying election results.

I understand it may look that way, but we are better than that.

I would like to believe that. But ever since the Gingrich Revolution and rise of Fox News in the 1990s the trends in this country have been very troubling- with no signs of abatement.

The upside is I am very pleased to see Trump sponsored candidates lose primaries. The downside is that Kemp is much more likely to beat Abrahms than Perdue.

A more tactically potent approach would be for Democrats to vote in Republican primaries, and make sure it's Perdue. Don't worry that it might encourage Trump and his band of merry liars. Lure them to their doom!

While it may be true that Trump's "top of the ticket" choices may lose primaries my real worry is the numbers of Trumpers running and being elected in lower-level positions that have control over counting and certifying election results.

You have contact paranoia. There's no reason to think local officials will be corrupted.

North Carolina was very similar until republicans gerrymandered the hell out of it. Their super majority pretty much killed that state.

Madison Cawthorn anyone?

A more tactically potent approach would be for Democrats to vote in Republican primaries, and make sure it's Perdue. Don't worry that it might encourage Trump and his band of merry liars. Lure them to their doom!

You have contact paranoia. There's no reason to think local officials will be corrupted.
Don't the parties typically limit, where they can, to only permit registered members of the party vote in their primaries? Or am I dreaming that up?

It’s like a slasher movie, the creature is never done when you think it is…..

Back
Top Bottom