• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's goal for Putin meeting "Uh...I'll let you know after the meeting"

Mach

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Key takeaways from our commander in chief, on the verge of meeting with Putin right after the second official recognition and indictment of Putin-led operatives who are evidenced to have committed crimes against the U.S.

1. Trump claims he has absolutely no idea what goals he has for the meeting. Low expectations.

2. Trump rambles and believes meetings are to be believed in and are good...apparently without reservation.

3. He had not even thought of discussing extradition of the Russians who committed crimes against the U.S. with Putin.

4. He blames the hacking from Russia on Obama

5. He blames the victims, the DNC, for getting hacked

============================================
Reporter: What's your goal from the Putin meeting?

Trump: "Uhh...I'll let you know after the meeting. I have absolutely...it was mutually agreed let's have a meeting, I think it's a good thing f...to meet I do Believe in meetings. I believe having a meeting with chairmen Kim was a good thing..... So having meetings with Russia, China, North Korea, I believe in it."

Reporter: The Russians who were indicted, would you ask Putin to send them here?

Trump: "Well I might, I hadn't thought of that, I'll certainly be asking about that. But again this was during the Obama administration, they were doing whatever they were doing during the Obama administration. And I heared they trying to hack into the RNC, but we had much better defenses, I've been told that by a number of people. "

Trump: "And I heard that they were trying, or people were trying, to hack into the RNC too," the president continued. "The Republican National Committee. But we had much better defenses. I've been told that by a number of people. We had much better defenses, so they couldn't. I think the DNC should be ashamed of themselves for allowing themselves to be hacked.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-russia-low-expectations-putin-meeting/

Key takeaways from our commander in chief, on the verge of meeting with Putin right after the second official recognition and indictment of Putin-led operatives who are evidenced to have committed crimes against the U.S.

1. Trump claims he has absolutely no idea what goals he has for the meeting. Low expectations.

2. Trump rambles and believes meetings are to be believed in and are good...apparently without reservation.

3. He had not even thought of discussing extradition of the Russians who committed crimes against the U.S. with Putin.

Trump: "Uhh...I'll let you know after the meeting. I have absolutely...it was mutually agreed let's have a meeting, I think it's a good thing f...to meet I do Believe in meetings. I believe having a meeting with chairmen Kim was a good thing..... So having meetings with Russia, China, North Korea, I believe in it."

Reporter: The Russians who were indicted, would you ask Putin to send them here?

Trump: "Well I might, I hadn't thought of that, I'll certainly be asking about that. But again this was during the Obama administration, they were doing whatever they were doing during the Obama administration. And I heared they trying to hack into the RNC, but we had much better defenses, I've been told that by a number of people. "

Trump: "And I heard that they were trying, or people were trying, to hack into the RNC too," the president continued. "The Republican National Committee. But we had much better defenses. I've been told that by a number of people. We had much better defenses, so they couldn't. I think the DNC should be ashamed of themselves for allowing themselves to be hacked.

Did the DNC ever let the FBI check their computers?

I just finished watching Chris Wallace/FOX & the guy on ABC, with all of their guest they asked about this very subject.

Seems all opinions are there really are NO GOALS for the Trump/Putin meeting.

It sounds more like a 'meet & greet' ......... maybe they will have a picnic basket ..........

I believe the DOJ recently handed down 12 indictments for 12 Russians connected with that; did you hear about that?

Delivering his thank-you note to Putin in person is more meaningful and respectful, as Trump surely realizes.

Let's see.
- Off-topic. No defense of Trump's nonsensical interview as he meets with Putin? How sad.

- Regarding your off-topic question - absurd even it's conspiracy theory absurdity.

How can I know you posted that, without you physically giving me ownership of your computer? There is no way to know!! Yuck yuck...poor Trump apologists.

- And your quite capable nation, the United States of America via the DOJ's special counsel, has already concluded the investigation on how it was done, in writing, published, including with criminal indictments:

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/07/13/gru.indictment.pdf

Enjoy.

Plus,...Obama was informed by the FBI in September that the hacks were occurring, but he did very little to stop it.
He did nothing because he figured the election was Clinton's to lose.

He believes in having meetings for no reason? There are tons of things more important that he could be doing other than getting some PR.

"As Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said today: 'There is no allegation in this indictment that Americans knew that they were corresponding with Russians. There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result,'"

I want to go back to that serious foreign policy where we push big, red plastic buttons.

"As Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said today: 'There is no allegation in this indictment that Americans knew that they were corresponding with Russians. There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result,'"

Damn, now there you go ruining the party.:lol:

Plus,...Obama was informed by the FBI in September that the hacks were occurring, but he did very little to stop it.
He did nothing because he figured the election was Clinton's to lose.

Yeah, well this thread is not about Obama.

I'm confused. Trump, you and others members of the Trump fan club continue to blame bad on Obama. Often Trump and his fans justify Trump's actions by saying "Obama did it first." If Obama did all the bad things first and Trump follows suit how then are Obama's actions bad and Trump's same actions good? Can't have it both ways. Wrong is wrong.

If Obama did it first and Obama was wrong Trump doing the same thing is then wrong. Wrong is wrong.

If Obama was wrong and Trump doesn't or cannot do it better Trump is just as wrong.

"In this indictment".

Indictments for folks who conspired are coming.

You'll see.

Apparently the FBI was satisfied with the information they received from a third party (CrowdStrike).

This indictment pretty much telegraphed that those allegations are pending in a forthcoming indictment. Just a matter of who. I doubt Trump ends up formally charged with anything in a federal proceeding (impeached, convicted, subsequently charged) but Mueller’s findings could still prove pretty damning—especially if one of his idiot sons/son-in-law is implicated. I man, I know it won’t matter to Trumpkins, but it should motivate the Dems and draw away some educated, suburban Republicans who just barely tolerate him.

Even Fake News didnt do what you just did.

For instance, where do you have any support to assert as true your No. 1?

Or No. 2?

No. 3... so? Had he been presented with any actual evidence of hackings are you aware? Indictments are merely accusations... so you really think Putin is going to hand them over if Trump were to make the request? Should we be prepared to set off nukes if Putin doesnt?

No. 4. Slenderman and his merry band of bunglers certainly bungled it if there were any actual hacks. Trump was not in charge, slendermans threats, espcially with his totally feeble leading from behind and red lines drawn/red lines erased weaknesses for all to see ...against a Putin, a mans man, were not taken as a serious threat when Putin was admonished to stop it.

Besides, its been evidenced that team slenderman didnt put much emphasis on stopping the threat themselves.

No. 5 We know the Russians are ALWAYS trying, have been historically since at least the Truman administration, to meddle, subvert, undermine, right? So if you knew, as an anology, that neighborhood kids were always breaking into neighborhood cars, including your own, wouldnt you have increased your security to offset those threats.., like, as Trump indicates, did the RNC.

Self evident ...if one doesnt so blindly look at it.

This indictment pretty much telegraphed that those allegations are pending in a forthcoming indictment. Just a matter of who. I doubt Trump ends up formally charged with anything in a federal proceeding (impeached, convicted, subsequently charged) but Mueller’s findings could still prove pretty damning—especially if one of his idiot sons/son-in-law is implicated. I man, I know it won’t matter to Trumpkins, but it should motivate the Dems and draw away some educated, suburban Republicans who just barely tolerate him.

IMO, it would have come by now.
There's no there, there.

I did notice the very particular phrasing.
I don't think it's particular, I think it is fairly standard (unless you meant particular=specific).

With that said, it's also probably good foreshadowing.

IMO, it would have come by now.
There's no there, there.
Not trying to be a dick, but have you ever worked on an investigation of this kind and scale? I haven’t, of course, but I imagine that given it’s unprecedented nature, most of us don’t really know what it’s supposed to look like at this stage or that. And Mueller has kept the experts guessing. What I do know is that complex cases involving sprawling conspiracies (like a RICO, for instance) tend to work their way up the food chain, not down.

"As Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said today: 'There is no allegation in this indictment that Americans knew that they were corresponding with Russians. There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime.

"There is no allegation in this indictment" [my bold] means quite literally "in this indictment". It does not mean that Americans will not be the subject of future indictment concerning cooperation with Russians. It does not mean there will be either. It means "in this indictment".

"There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result,'"

Either Fox News conveniently omitted or you forgot that during followup questions to Rosenstein's press conference Rosenstein was asked if the investigation involving the indictment of 12 Russian military intelligence agents determined that the Russian cyber attacks had changed the vote count or affected any election result. Rosentein responded that the Special Counsel is not tasked to make that determination.

Rod J. Rosenstein @ 10 minutes and 52 seconds in the CSPAN video:

WHAT I'VE TALKED ABOUT IS WHAT'S REFLECTED IN THE INDICTMENT. WE KNOW THE GOAL WAS TO HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE ELECTION. WHAT IMPACT THEY MAY HAVE HAD OR WHAT THEIR MOTIVATION MAY HAVE BEEN INDEPENDENTLY OF WHAT'S REQUIRED TO PROVE THIS OFFENSE IS A MATTER OF SPECULATION, THAT'S NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY. THERE'S NO ALLEGATION IN THE INDICTMENT ABOUT IT AND THAT'S NOT OUR CHARGE.

Trump is just winging it, pretty much what he do from day one and he isn't very good at it.

"There is no allegation in this indictment" [my bold] means quite literally "in this indictment". It does not mean that Americans will not be the subject of future indictment concerning cooperation with Russians. It does not mean there will be either. It means "in this indictment".

Either Fox News conveniently omitted or you forgot that during followup questions to Rosenstein's press conference Rosenstein was asked if the investigation involving the indictment of 12 Russian military intelligence agents determined that the Russian cyber attacks had changed the vote count or affected any election result. Rosentein responded that the Special Counsel is not tasked to make that determination.

There will be no other indictments much for your wish that this country fails.

He's gone! Off to sidestep the anti Trump marchers in Helsinki!

DiKDY1CW0AYR9wm.jpg:large

Britain meanwhile is starting a deep clean.

Back
Top Bottom