• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Cognitive Decline is Advanced. Time to be concerned.

NuffSaid

Not Conceding!
DP Veteran
Reaction score

Front runner to lead the 2024 Presidential candidacy embarrassed himself once again by failing to remember one of the candidates he supposedly endorsed. Anyone know who JD Mandel is?

Of course, we have no idea if he truly knew who he was endorsing, since his mental state is degrading very rapidly.

Lets face it there wasnt much there to begin with. Heck even when running for president he would talk on and on often never finishing a sentence and covering several different topics all at once.

COVFEFE!!!!!!!

If Biden did that there would be screams of evidence of senility. With Trump it's so common for him to screw up it's pretty much just ignored and always was.

Front runner to lead the 2024 Presidential candidacy embarrassed himself once again by failing to remember one of the candidates he supposedly endorsed. Anyone know who JD Mandel is?

Of course, we have no idea if he truly knew who he was endorsing, since his mental state is degrading very rapidly.
This has been claimed for years. I suspect what's going on is that people are just continually surprised by how stupid and incoherent he is.

Mandel and Vance are both from the same mold. Mandel seems to be a hard-core Trumper, despite being spurned by Trump. So, no matter what happens with the primary or how confused Trump seems to be about it, the apologists can claim victory.

Last edited:
Trump learned how to bully people, boss them around, and get them to do what he wants them to do. That has made him a lot of money. But by most objective measures he's not an intelligent man to begin with. And as he gets older he's just going to look more ridiculous.

Does anyone really think ether Trump or Biden will be in the 2024 election?

We really need to stop electing old, infirm people.
There is an idea. We also should be more concerned about the current instead of the former.

If Biden did that there would be screams of evidence of senility. With Trump it's so common for him to screw up it's pretty much just ignored and always was.
Biden is, Trump has been. When Trump was, there were screams of evidence of senility. Now that Biden is, there are still screams of evidence of senility.

Biden is, Trump has been. When Trump was, there were screams of evidence of senility. Now that Biden is, there are still screams of evidence of senility.
Nothing was done then....nothing will be done now

I agree.

If Biden does run in 2024, it'll be a 78 yr old Trump versus an 82 yr old Biden.

I don't want either of those old men in office. I really don't like 70 yr olds in Congress either.
eff off. I don't like Republicans in Congress.

Last edited:
I've been talking about party relics for a very long time now, with all the concerns that brings to the table. Cognitive decline being one of those concerns.

Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Clinton, Waters, Rogers, Feinstein, Thomas... some of these people are still running the nation somewhere in our three branches, others want to come back in some regard.

Gives new depth to the notion of forced retirement.

I agree.

If Biden does run in 2024, it'll be a 78 yr old Trump versus an 82 yr old Biden.

I don't want either of those old men in office. I really don't like 70 yr olds in Congress either.

Nope. I couldn't agree more.

We seem to live in a time where every politician is being accused of cognitive decline.
There’s a fine line between “cognitive decline” and “sounds like old people.” Pelosi and Biden? Sound like old people. Feinstein? Definitely cognitive decline. Trump? Whatever his problem is, I think it’s far worse than a simple question of cognitive decline. His problems go wayyyy deeper.

I've been talking about party relics for a very long time now, with all the concerns that brings to the table. Cognitive decline being one of those concerns.

Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Clinton, Waters, Rogers, Feinstein, Thomas... some of these people are still running the nation somewhere in our three branches, others want to come back in some regard.

Gives new depth to the notion of forced retirement.

We have an age requirement to be elected president - why can't we have an age retirement to remove them? If they turn, say 70 in office, they can complete their term but can't be re-elected, and no one can run for office if they are over 70. Personally, I'd rather the age be lower. Cognitive decline starts in the early 60s. Do we truly want people running our country that have that sort of deficiency?

We have an age requirement to be elected president - why can't we have an age retirement to remove them? If they turn, say 70 in office, they can complete their term but can't be re-elected, and no one can run for office if they are over 70. Personally, I'd rather the age be lower. Cognitive decline starts in the early 60s. Do we truly want people running our country that have that sort of deficiency?
Want to make a maximum age requirement for serving in Congress? Pass a Constitutional Amendment. See how easy it is to do that. Right now there is no test for "cognitive ability". Not for IQ. Not for sanity. You are worried about "cognitive decline" in general while we have people with low IQs and mental illness in office?

There may be other means to make these determinations case to case, methods of detection and so forth.

Regardless there are a whole lot of people who have been President, or are in / have been in Congress, or are in / have been in the Supreme Court who sometimes make it into their 80s still trying to do what they do.

Biden does come to mind, so does Trump, and just about everyone else I named in that list.

If you look at this in the context of the last Presidential election, and you strip away who you may or may not have supported for whatever reason, we ended up with two angry old white guys both pushing their ages to be in a mental and physical condition to run this nation.

I consider that an issue.

Back
Top Bottom