• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Charity Balls

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Promised millions, delivered about 10 Grand out of pocket.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ab5d1a-37dd-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html

If Trump stands by his promises, such donations should be occurring all the time. In the past 15 years, Trump has promised to donate earnings from a wide variety of his money-making enterprises: “The Apprentice.” Trump Vodka. Trump University. A book. Another book. If he honored all those pledges, Trump’s gifts to charity would have topped $8.5 million.

But in that time, public records show, Trump donated about $2.8 million — less than a third of the pledged figure — through a foundation set up to give his money away. And there is no evidence that Trump has given to his foundation lately: The last record of any gift from him to his foundation was in 2008.

...Post sought out charities that had some link to Trump, either because he had given them his foundation’s money, appeared at their charity galas or praised them publicly.

The search turned up just one donation in that period — a 2009 gift of between $5,000 and $9,999 to the Police Athletic League of New York City.

I can NOT wait for November. All the Trumpsters will hide behind their keyboards and cry about the GOP betrayed Trump, and how if we had just shown up he could have won.

Morons all.

I still can't believe that we never got rid of the Clintons. Freaking bad pennies the whole lot of them. And, thanks to the morons who nominated this imbecile, mama bear is about to become president.

There is a reason Trump is adamant about NOT releasing his financial records. They're embarrassing, that won't matter to his supporters, he could literally kill someone and they'd excuse him. But to people on the fence, and to moderate voters, it might do him a lot of harm.

I still can't believe that we never got rid of the Clintons. Freaking bad pennies the whole lot of them. And, thanks to the morons who nominated this imbecile, mama bear is about to become president.

She is a HORRIBLE human being with a mean disposition. She'll be a god awful president. And the ****ing Trumpsters are handing her the White House on a silver platter.

The Democrats can't believe their luck.

Dems: Trump wins us the Senate and Garland - POLITICO

Jeez, in the primary Rubio talked about penis size and now we are talking about his balls.

Are there no lines people won't cross?

There is a reason Trump is adamant about NOT releasing his financial records. They're embarrassing, that won't matter to his supporters, he could literally kill someone and they'd excuse him. But to people on the fence, and to moderate voters, it might do him a lot of harm.

And you know they are embarrassing because?

Most charities are a scam, nothing new here, but to Howler's point this election is going to be as depressing as it is divisive. Its the failed status quo vs what will most likely be even more of the same anyways. No matter how radical you think Trump is the more radical he is the less likely anything he proposes will pass through congress and the courts. The embedded establishment of crony Capitalism isn't going to fold just because Donald wins the Presidency. It will be no different than all the promises Obama made while running then after he was elected his policies changed very little from those of Bush.

I can still remember Obama as a senator saying that increasing debt is a sign of failure of government. If that's true, then by his own definition, he has been the most spectacular failure the world has ever known.

Ok, I'm at a loss here. The article points out that Trumps spokespeople say there is no way to know or understand how much Trump has given away. Yet the Post pretends to do it anyway.

Given the relationship between Trump and the Post, should anyone expect objectivity from their "journalists"?

There are 20 Post journalists investigating Trump who have to justify their jobs sooooooooo ...

Most charities are a scam, nothing new here, but to Howler's point this election is going to be as depressing as it is divisive. Its the failed status quo vs what will most likely be even more of the same anyways. No matter how radical you think Trump is the more radical he is the less likely anything he proposes will pass through congress and the courts. The embedded establishment of crony Capitalism isn't going to fold just because Donald wins the Presidency. It will be no different than all the promises Obama made while running then after he was elected his policies changed very little from those of Bush.

I can still remember Obama as a senator saying that increasing debt is a sign of failure of government. If that's true, then by his own definition, he has been the most spectacular failure the world has ever known.

What we needed, more than anything is a true Conservative who will nominate conservative judges. I think we would have been VERY happy with Scott Walker, Ted Cruz or even John Kasich. But instead the ever excited Wal-Mart rabble gives us Trump. It is if they run solely on emotion and have abandoned reason completely.

****ing Trump? Are you kidding me? He will NEVER beat Clinton. For all her faults and problems...she's STILL not more despised then Trump.

I can NOT wait for November. All the Trumpsters will hide behind their keyboards and cry about the GOP betrayed Trump, and how if we had just shown up he could have won.

Meanwhile they're stupidity has caused the worst Democrat in 50 years to get elected.

Morons all.
Trump won the primary fair and square. The GOP is betraying Trump. If they're willing to throw their weight behind that disgusting plutocrat Romney they should be willing to do the same for Trump. Trump spoke a message that appealed to a plurality of Republican voters. Instead of sulking the GOP should figure out why people are voting for someone who supports bringing jobs into this country. You'd think it wouldn't be hard to figure out but the GOP establishment is completely stumped.

What we needed, more than anything is a true Conservative who will nominate conservative judges. I think we would have been VERY happy with Scott Walker, Ted Cruz or even John Kasich. But instead the ever excited Wal-Mart rabble gives us Trump. It is if they run solely on emotion and have abandoned reason completely.

****ing Trump? Are you kidding me? He will NEVER beat Clinton. For all her faults and problems...she's STILL not more despised then Trump.

Trump released his field of choices for SCOTUS - did you have a problem with those? And btw, never shopped at WalMart myself.

Trump released his field of choices for SCOTUS - did you have a problem with those? And btw, never shopped at WalMart myself.

The problem is that TRUMP CAN'T WIN. Not his short list of judges. As despised and mistrusted as she is...he can't beat Hillary.

That's the issue.

The problem is that TRUMP CAN'T WIN. Not his short list of judges. As despised and mistrusted as she is...he can't beat Hillary.

That's the issue.
Which is truly amazing...that the GOP would pick the one guy who can't even beat Hillary. :lol: How does someone become that stupid?

Trump won the primary fair and square. The GOP is betraying Trump. If they're willing to throw their weight behind that disgusting plutocrat Romney they should be willing to do the same for Trump. Trump spoke a message that appealed to a plurality of Republican voters. Instead of sulking the GOP should figure out why people are voting for someone who supports bringing jobs into this country. You'd think it wouldn't be hard to figure out but the GOP establishment is completely stumped.

Trump is defeating himself. He built his 'campaign' on hyperbole and ugly rhetoric, and now assumes he can change a few words to move to the 'canter'. What he doesn't get is that he is even more despised then Clinton. You Trumpsters have screwed us all. And in November, you'll reap the rewards of ignorance....President Hillary Clinton.

(I threw up in my mouth just typing that...thank again)

Which is truly amazing...that the GOP would pick the one guy who can't even beat Hillary. :lol: How does someone become that stupid?

It defies all logic.. It appears they've thrown reason and strategy out the window in order to jam their thumb into the "establishment" eye, never understanding that it hands the White House to a scumbag like Hillary.

You'd be surprised at the kind of people you might run into there ...

Hillary at walmart 2.jpg

This is why

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump: Favorable/Unfavorable

It defies all logic.. It appears they've thrown reason and strategy out the window in order to jam their thumb into the "establishment" eye, never understanding that it hands the White House to a scumbag like Hillary.

They still think he can win :lol:

Trump is defeating himself. He built his 'campaign' on hyperbole and ugly rhetoric, and now assumes he can change a few words to move to the 'canter'. What he doesn't get is that he is even more despised then Clinton. You Trumpsters have screwed us all. And in November, you'll reap the rewards of ignorance....President Hillary Clinton.

(I threw up in my mouth just typing that...thank again)

Trump had a message of bringing jobs into this country and taking care of all Americans. JEB! was an absolute toady, Scott Walker was an idiot, Rubio was beholding to whomever was buttering his bread. Ted Cruz is part of the Taliborn-again. Nobody else in the race mattered. Trump was the best of the bunch. I'm fine with him winning because he had a message about supporting the American middle class instead of the GOP tried and true talking point of giving the 1% even more tax breaks or hating gays.

I'm not particularly concerned about it. I hate what the GOP has stood for for a long time. Hating gays, eternal unnecessary war in the middle east, and giving the rich tax breaks. Trump spoke about a message helping the middle class. If he fails that's fine by me, if he succeeds that's fine by me too. As much as I despise Hillary I can say Trump did not represent what I'm tired of with the GOP.

I'm not particularly concerned about it. I hate what the GOP has stood for for a long time. Hating gays, eternal unnecessary war in the middle east, and giving the rich tax breaks. Trump spoke about a message helping the middle class. If he fails that's fine by me, if he succeeds that's fine by me too. As much as I despise Hillary I can say Trump did not represent what I'm tired of with the GOP.

Trump's message is awesome. It's Trump who is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom