• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Campaign is in Chaos

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
From the losing Trump University case to signaling out an African American supporter at a rally. These incidents leave big huge gaping questions about Trump's supposed claim of his political genius. Can the really really small bare-bones and under staffed Trump campaign grow out of the petty turf wars of primary mode?

I've always wondered how Trump would pivot from being a hard-line far right wing guy to appealing to more of the general populace without looking like a complete hypocrite and fool. Can Trump do it? I thought as I chuckled to myself, or will he start to leave his base in the sand with them wondering what the hell just happened?

It's interesting to hear Trump surrogates already talking about a sinking campaign ... This isn't primary season people!!!! If Trump sinks now, it would be the fastest election in the history of the country! Especially since our renegade third party bidder Bill Kristol can't convince anyone else to run :( Save us Mitt Romney are you our only hope???

Donald Trump just doesn't seem to get how to run a nation-wide political campaign. That it's a lot different than running a business venture! He said that he welcomes all the resources of the RNC now. Because they know what they are doing, and he does not!!! Note to Donald Trump, make-up with Ted Cruz since Cruz was the one who had some inkling of an idea about how to gather a true conservative campaign and get out the door staff! But since Cruz and a bunch of other ex-GOP candidates are now signaling Trump out saying that he is going too far and needs to tone it down (already). Leaves me baffled at what could possibly go wrong next.

Something already has that has the media scrambling to figure out what the hell is wrong with this guy. Donald Trump personally called his supporters to tell them to attack the Judge in the Trump University Case!!!!!!!!!!! Trump was visibly upset on a conference call when talking about an email that was sent out telling people to stop talking about the lawsuit. Trump is angry and he is not letting go,
In response, Trump said that he aspired to hold regular calls with surrogates in order to coordinate the campaign's message, a role usually reserved for lower ranking staffers than the nominee himself.

Trump Orders Surrogates to Intensify Criticism of Judge and Journalists - Bloomberg Politics

That is simply unheard of in a national campaign! But as always with Trump, is it genius or plain nuts? You decide.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/tr...haos-and-even-his-own-campaign-is-sick-of-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4bba14-241e-11e6-9e7f-57890b612299_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign.html?_r=0

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to let us all know how secretly brilliant the man is.

"You see that, you see that ****up he made right there.... Genius!".

I am getting bad marks from certain pundits because I have a small campaign staff. But small is good, flexible, save money and number one!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

This is a man of conviction that is for sure, another Frank, win or lose he is going to do it his way.

This is a man of conviction that is for sure, another Frank, win or lose he is going to do it his way.

Conviction? CONVICTION!?!?!?

Where is the CONVICTION needed to go from promising to release your tax returns to saying you cant?

Where is the CONVICTION in saying that you will ban all Muslims from entering the country to saying that it was just a suggestion?

Where is the CONVICTION when it comes to claiming you reject all super PACs to forming your own?

Where is the CONVICTION to be found when going fron saying that you won't raise taxes on the rich to saying that the taxes will go up on the rich?

You have got to be ****ting me.

Yeah, he wants to convict everyone. lol

Always doing things his way will be the death of his campaign. If he won't listen to any of his advisors now and keeps firing everyone....what makes you think he's going to listen to advisors in the white house? Nah, he don't need no stinkin advisors...he gets all the news he needs from the tabloids....and worse yet...he actually believes them!!! Yikes, that is truly scary.

Trump's twitter habit of saying whatever he thinks is troublesome. If elected, what if he tweets classified information and national secrets to get back at his political oppenents? Wouldn't that be fun?

Last edited:
Yeah, he wants to convict everyone. lol

Always doing things his way will be the death of his campaign. If he won't listen to any of his advisors now and keeps firing everyone....what makes you think he's going to listen to advisors in the white house? Nah, he don't need no stinkin advisors...he gets all the news he needs from the tabloids....and worse yet...he actually believes them!!! Yikes, that is truly scary.

Trump's twitter habit of saying whatever he thinks is troublesome. If elected, what if he tweets classified information and national secrets to get back at his political oppenents? Wouldn't that be fun?

I am not worried yet, but if he is not selling a more polished Trump by the Convention I might be. I think right now what he is doing is saying " I am not going to change, no way am I gonna change, you are stuck with crazy me" till a lot of people actually believe it. Then he polishes up at the last minute and we are all so grateful that we vote for him. He does not want to peak too soon, this is a dead time except for consolidating the R's. but he is not an R and does not want to be so he has nothing to do right now but working on his team, but as he has said over and over he is determined to do this with a small team so there is not a lot to do there either.

It was either 4 or 5 weeks ago that I said that I am mostly out till the conventions, because I did not expect anything of importance to happen before that. I am still there. I think Trump is doing the shuffle to fill the dead time till this historic run for the POTUS chair resumes. At the Convention.

Time will tell.

I am not worried yet, but if he is not selling a more polished Trump by the Convention I might be. I think right now what he is doing is saying " I am not going to change, no way am I gonna change, you are stuck with crazy me" till a lot of people actually believe it. Then he polishes up at the last minute and we are all so grateful that we vote for him. He does not want to peak too soon, this is a dead time except for consolidating the R's. but he is not an R and does not want to be so he has nothing to do right now but working on his team, but as he has said over and over he is determined to do this with a small team so there is not a lot to do there either.

It was either 4 or 5 weeks ago that I said that I am mostly out till the conventions, because I did not expect anything of importance to happen before that. I am still there. I think Trump is doing the shuffle to fill the dead time till this historic run for the POTUS chair resumes. At the Convention.

Time will tell.

He's 70 years old....he's not going to change spouting whatever he thinks....in fact, it will probably get worse....as evidenced by what he said about the judge.

When Trump said the American legal system was "rigged"....he wasn't just attacking the judge....he was undermining the entire justice system. I think that was probably the last straw for a lot of people that were thinking to support him. A president is supposed to uphold the law not undermine the legal system that he swore to protect. And that was after he had meetings with the RNC and Ryan to tone it down. No, I don't think Trump is going to change his personality before the convention, let alone before the election or even after. He can't...because he won't listen to anyone but himself.

I don't know what you said four or five weeks ago....but if Trump is just trying to fill up time....he's doing it all wrong. He missed an opportunity to attack Hillary when that email headline first came out....instead he spent most his time attacking the American legal system and the judge. Even though his campaign advisors warned him not to.

Last edited:
He's 70 years old....he's not going to change spouting whatever he thinks....in fact, it will probably get worse....as evidenced by what he said about the judge.

When Trump said the American legal system was "rigged"....he wasn't just attacking the judge....he was undermining the entire justice system. I think that was probably the last straw for a lot of people that were thinking to support him. A president is supposed to uphold the law not undermine the legal system that he swore to protect. And that was after he had meetings with the RNC and Ryan to tone it down. No, I don't think Trump is going to change his personality before the convention, let alone before the election or even after. He can't...because he won't listen to anyone but himself.

Trump has shown remarkable willingness to adapt to new conditions over his career, so I dont doubt his capacity here. The pivot needs to happen by the Convention, which is what 6 weeks out?

Trump has shown remarkable willingness to adapt to new conditions over his career, so I dont doubt his capacity here. The pivot needs to happen by the Convention, which is what 6 weeks out?

He's 70 years old and set in his ways. If he hasn't pivoted by now that he's got the nomination...he's not going to.

Ya know, he doesn't even know that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. He doesn't know what the presidents job is or what he does. He doesn't understand there's three branches of government. He thinks the Supreme court investigates and prosecutes crimes. The man is all puff and no smoke.

He's 70 years old and set in his ways. If he hasn't pivoted by now that he's got the nomination...he's not going to.

Ya know, he doesn't even know that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. He doesn't know what the presidents job is or what he does. He doesn't understand there's three branches of government. He thinks the Supreme court investigates and prosecutes crimes. The man is all puff and no smoke.

Ya you really dont like him. I was reading today that UTAH does not like Trump at all, and Hillary even less. Time to be bitter I suppose. That's all right, Trump will likely do fine without your vote.

POLL: Utah Really, Really Doesn't Like Donald Trump | RedState

From day one...I have been convinced that Donald Trump DOES NOT WANT to be president.

Not at all.

I still think he does not...and I would not be surprised if this were his exit strategy.

He does not want to suffer the ridicule of a huge electoral loss...perhaps bringing down the under-ticket.

But HE WOULD benefit greatly by being so outrageous, that the party finds a way to dump and replace him. Then he could turn any defeat by the Republicans (they are going down this election) into an "I told ya so" moment.

This has always been about himself.

He may push the establishment to a point where it has to replace him...and come out exactly where he wanted to be when he started this fiasco.

I think he would make a LOUSY president...but he is not bad as self-promotion...or getting others to help with his self-promotion.

Ya you really dont like him. I was reading today that UTAH does not like Trump at all, and Hillary even less. Time to be bitter I suppose. That's all right, Trump will likely do fine without your vote.

POLL: Utah Really, Really Doesn't Like Donald Trump | RedState

Well, it's no secret here that Utah doesn't like Trump, especially the Mormons. I think they would prefer someone who has more conservative Christian values. I've heard talk they're going to write in former Sen. Bennett's name on the ballot as a tribute to him. But I'm not LDS and the church doesn't tell me how to vote...and it's not that I don't like Trump...it's just that I just don't think he's qualified for the presidency and don't mind saying so. He's great for Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing With Stars....but as President of the United States....no. So yes, I will be voting for whoever wins the Democrat nomination. So don't you be bitter when Hillary becomes your president. :2razz:

From day one...I have been convinced that Donald Trump DOES NOT WANT to be president.

He may push the establishment to a point where it has to replace him...and come out exactly where he wanted to be when he started this fiasco.

I think he would make a LOUSY president...but he is not bad as self-promotion...or getting others to help with his self-promotion.

I agree with this. I am surprised it hasn't happened already, but I think this Judge thing was just the nail in the coffin. This is really the moment where everybody starts to pay attention. I honestly don't think most party members have the time and are too egotistical to care about national politics unless they are directly involved. We like to think that they are paying attention, but I am sure most are way too busy with their own districts to care about what goes on in DC unless they are the ones sponsoring a particular bill. So they can't analyze every little thing Trump does or says. Even the national media are having trouble doing it and that's kind of their jobs!!!!

So while he has definitely said worse stuff on the campaign trail said, I don't think it really hit everybody that hard all at once. Maybe some staffers and some politicians got the news Trump said such and such thing weeks later when they had a moment of spare time to check out the primaries. If they even care about other elections that don't include them!

Now however, since Trump has been the nominee for about a month people have had time to look into him and see what it is he has been talking about. Probably also why nobody wants to endorse him, and nobody wants to take the VP job! I think the party is planning something in another month that if he doesn't tone it down hard they may have to revolt against him in the convention. This may not be over yet, and that might have been their playbook all along.

Back
Top Bottom