• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's campaign is about scamming donors to line Trump's pockets

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
According to NPR, Trump raised $80 million in July. NBC reports that Clinton spent $52 million on advertising and Trump spend zero. Those facts, coupled with the knowledge that Trump charges his campaign when Trump sleeps in his own home; travels in his own plane and the campaign uses goods and services from Trump-owned businesses. It sure seems to me as if the entire Trump campaign is designed to extract money from donors and transfer those funds to Trump.

According to NPR, Trump raised $80 million in July. NBC reports that Clinton spent $52 million on advertising and Trump spend zero. Those facts, coupled with the knowledge that Trump charges his campaign when Trump sleeps in his own home; travels in his own plane and the campaign uses goods and services from Trump-owned businesses. It sure seems to me as if the entire Trump campaign is designed to extract money from donors and transfer those funds to Trump.

Trump will start to use the money on advertising. He didn't need it prior because he hadn't started the attack ads that Clinton already started using. If you wanna talk about a scam, Sanders took millions from the poor and then gave the rest that he had to Clinton after he dropped out.

I thought Trump's campaign was supposed to be self funded so he wouldn't be beholden to the donors.

What happened?

Trump will start to use the money on advertising. He didn't need it prior because he hadn't started the attack ads that Clinton already started using. If you wanna talk about a scam, Sanders took millions from the poor and then gave the rest that he had to Clinton after he dropped out.
Where did you get the idea that Sanders gave excess campaign funds and gave it to Clinton?

I thought Trump's campaign was supposed to be self funded so he wouldn't be beholden to the donors.

What happened?
That's just another example of Trump changing the rules in the middle. What is important is that Trump loaned his campaign those donations and now with regular Americans donating to the campaign, he'll be able to repay himself.

Where did you get the idea that Sanders gave excess campaign funds and gave it to Clinton?

That's what happens with leftover political contributions.

That's what happens with leftover political contributions.
Actually, paying off debts is what happens to left over campaign funds.

But you made a specific allegation, namely, that Bernie gave his excess campaign funds to Clinton. That's an assertion that unless you can substantiate it, is a meritless assertion.

If true, this would be illegal, right?

The way described above is how it can be done legally. What is illegal is directly transferring campaign funds to a private account. However, since Trump controls his campaign funds and businesses in corporate names, it's perfectly legal for the Trump campaign to buy Trump steaks at $100/pound for a campaign event; pay Trump for use of his jet; or use other Trump enterprises as vendors.

Essentially, this presidential run can be the most profitable of Trump's scams -- bilking loyal supporters to line his own pockets.

Way back I read frum source unknown that Trump LOANED personal money his campaign. Is that true? So 'the campaign' can pay him back? With interest? How much interest? Should be disclosed if true.

How do we know Trump campaign is using his own companies, jet, etc at his campaign's expense. A source to verify it. Otherwise, would the DNC be harping about that publically?

What happened?

That's just another example of Trump changing the rules in the middle. What is important is that Trump loaned his campaign those donations and now with regular Americans donating to the campaign, he'll be able to repay himself.

The way described above is how it can be done legally. What is illegal is directly transferring campaign funds to a private account. However, since Trump controls his campaign funds and businesses in corporate names, it's perfectly legal for the Trump campaign to buy Trump steaks at $100/pound for a campaign event; pay Trump for use of his jet; or use other Trump enterprises as vendors.

Essentially, this presidential run can be the most profitable of Trump's scams -- bilking loyal supporters to line his own pockets.

I wish people would research stuff before they make it up.
The two fundraising joint committees in which the presumptive Republican nominee’s campaign and the RNC are participating — Trump Victory and Trump Make America Great Again Committee — raised $32.4 million between their formation in late May and the end of last month, according to their FEC reports.

Of that, Trump Victory transferred only $2.2 million to Trump’s presidential campaign committee, as compared to $10.1 million to the RNC, though $5.8 million of that went to funds that can’t be used for campaign activity, and are earmarked instead for the party’s buildings and legal and convention expenses. Trump Victory didn’t transfer any money at all to the 11 state parties participating in it. Meanwhile, Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which comprises only the Trump campaign and the RNC, did not transfer any money to either.

Trump’s campaign announced it raised $19.9 million in donations last month, while the candidate pitched in another $3.8 million of his own cash. But the campaign won’t be required to disclose its finances to the FEC until next week, since it’s on a different filing schedule than the joint committees.
Trump raised $32 million with RNC, but kept only a fraction - POLITICO

Way back I read frum source unknown that Trump LOANED personal money his campaign. Is that true? So 'the campaign' can pay him back? With interest? How much interest? Should be disclosed if true.

How do we know Trump campaign is using his own companies, jet, etc at his campaign's expense. A source to verify it. Otherwise, would the DNC be harping about that publically?

He disclosed it. He forgave the loan, meaning he donated his own money to his campaign out of his own pocket. He doesn't get it back.
Trump fulfilled his promise to forgive $47.5 million in loans he gave to his campaign, according to Federal Election Commission reports filed late Wednesday.
Donald Trump forgives loans he made to his campaign and ends June with $20 million in the bank - LA Times

He disclosed it. He forgave the loan, meaning he donated his own money to his campaign out of his own pocket. He doesn't get it back.

Donald Trump forgives loans he made to his campaign and ends June with $20 million in the bank - LA Times

Not so fast:

NBC News: After Saying He Forgave Loans to Campaign, Trump Won't Release Proof

When Donald Trump said last Thursday he was forgiving over $45 million in personal loans he made to his campaign, the announcement drew plenty of coverage. Many even reported Trump's statement as if the deal was done.

But it's not.

At the time the story was published this morning, the FEC showed no filing from the Trump Campaign forgiving the loan. An FEC official also told NBC News this week that there was no digital or paper filing from the Trump Campaign forgiving the loan. And the campaign has repeatedly declined requests to share the legal paperwork required to execute the transaction.

Not so fast:

Dude, look at the dates on the articles. Yours was posted on June 30, 2016 at 0738 in the morning. Mine was posted on July 31st, 2016. You missed that. The Trump Campaign filed their statement on 30 June, after the article was written. I guess NBC wanted a gotcha moment and failed.

Back
Top Bottom