• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's Campaign ads - lies, manipulative distortion.

Jonsa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
While political ads don't have to be true, trump is true to form with the majority of his being full of bull****.

In Benedict Donald's mind replacing actual fact with alternative facts to either make himself look fabulous or make his opponents look evil. Manipulating America's Gullible Always.

Trump Ads Attack Biden Through Deceptive Editing and Hyperbole - The New York Times

Trump Ads Attack Biden Through Deceptive Editing and Hyperbole
We reviewed all of the Trump campaign’s television ads since June. Two-thirds contained clearly misleading claims or videos.

President Trump’s re-election campaign has spent tens of millions of dollars on television ads attacking his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr. While their content varies greatly, be it the coronavirus, police funding, taxes or charter schools, the tactics used remain constant: selectively edited remarks and exaggerations.

The New York Times reviewed 22 ads from the Trump campaign that have aired since June and that have been tracked by Advertising Analytics. We found that 14 of those ads contained clearly misleading claims or videos. Here’s a review.

Exaggerations About Criminal Justice Issues
<snip>

Distorting Mr. Biden’s Positions
<snip>

Personal Attacks on Mr. Biden Through Edited Media
<snip>
/quote]

While political ads don't have to be true, trump is true to form with the majority of his being full of bull****.

In Benedict Donald's mind replacing actual fact with alternative facts to either make himself look fabulous or make his opponents look evil. Manipulating America's Gullible Always.

Trump Ads Attack Biden Through Deceptive Editing and Hyperbole - The New York Times

We reviewed all of the Trump campaign’s television ads since June. Two-thirds contained clearly misleading claims or videos.

President Trump’s re-election campaign has spent tens of millions of dollars on television ads attacking his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr. While their content varies greatly, be it the coronavirus, police funding, taxes or charter schools, the tactics used remain constant: selectively edited remarks and exaggerations.

The New York Times reviewed 22 ads from the Trump campaign that have aired since June and that have been tracked by Advertising Analytics. We found that 14 of those ads contained clearly misleading claims or videos. Here’s a review.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>
/quote] Yeah, and everything Joe and Kamala have said since Wednesday, is polite, respectful, and accurate, right? :roll:

I loved listening to an Ad on my radio the other day that was a 911 Voicemail basically telling people they would be raped and the Police wouldn't be coming. That is not how Defund the Police works, and the Right knows it. They are just pandering to people they think are stupid (I.E Their Base) in hopes of scaring them to vote Trump.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

Sounds like desperation.

Ordinarily, an incumbent president runs positive ads about their accomplishments not attack the challenger to the incumbent.

Trump has nothing to run on. He wanted to run the economy but his botched COVID-19 response killed the economy. Unemployment is 10%. GDP has retraced back to 2010 levels. The only thing doing well is the stock market, which ordinary people aren’t heavily invested.

Sounds like desperation.

Ordinarily, an incumbent president runs positive ads about their accomplishments not attack the challenger to the incumbent.

Trump has nothing to run on. He wanted to run the economy but his botched COVID-19 response killed the economy. Unemployment is 10%. GDP has retraced back to 2010 levels. The only thing doing well is the stock market, which ordinary people aren’t heavily invested.

damn

do you really hate Trump that much, that you just outright lie like that

Trump has nothing to run on. He wanted to run the economy but his botched COVID-19 response killed the economy. Unemployment is 10%. GDP has retraced back to 2010 levels. your quote.....

now please tell us what major country hasnt had their economy ruined by this pandemic....just one that continued to run at prepandemic levels.....can you name ONE.....can you name one that is running at 80% of pre-pandemic levels?

I didnt think so.....

politics is an ugly game....but truth is something that we should try to make sure we post....

now i agree that Trump could have done better....but the economy would be in the toilet NO MATTER WHO was sitting in that chair

we will wait for your response.....

I loved listening to an Ad on my radio the other day that was a 911 Voicemail basically telling people they would be raped and the Police wouldn't be coming. That is not how Defund the Police works, and the Right knows it. They are just pandering to people they think are stupid (I.E Their Base) in hopes of scaring them to vote Trump.

The Republicans might be out-doing the Democrats in the campaign incompetence department. That kind of stupidity just panders to dimwits who were already going to vote for Trump and alienates thinking Republicans. It certainly won't attract any undecideds. They're just narrowing their support.
That might be what decides this election, who screws up worst.

damn

Trump has nothing to run on. He wanted to run the economy but his botched COVID-19 response killed the economy. Unemployment is 10%. GDP has retraced back to 2010 levels. your quote.....

now please tell us what major country hasnt had their economy ruined by this pandemic....just one that continued to run at prepandemic levels.....can you name ONE.....can you name one that is running at 80% of pre-pandemic levels?

I didnt think so.....

politics is an ugly game....but truth is something that we should try to make sure we post....

now i agree that Trump could have done better....but the economy would be in the toilet NO MATTER WHO was sitting in that chair

Notice the difference? Europe took a hit while we nosedived.
This is the U.S.
7A8F3E3B-3EBB-4694-95F1-A03DCDE6EB91.jpg

This is the E.U.
63A51BD9-4686-4BC3-8942-3B78D3F53171.jpg

Fear sells, and that's pretty much all Trump has right now.

Sounds like desperation.

Well, he's got that health care plan. I missed the announcement of the details but I remember him saying it was coming...

"In a FOX News interview taped July 17 and aired two days later, Trump told Chris Wallace:

“We’re signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do."

He wouldn't have said that if it wasn't true, right?

What is striking is the similarity of the graphs up till spring 2020. Is Trump claiming credit for the EU's expanding economy also?

why not, he took credit for Obama's economic turnaround

why not, he took credit for Obama's economic turnaround

He enjoys taking credit for others' accomplishments....because he has so few of his own. I hear he is under consideration for a Nobel Prize.:roll:

He enjoys taking credit for others' accomplishments....because he has so few of his own. I hear he is under consideration for a Nobel Prize.:roll:

sure glad he ended the pre-existing problem with insurers

and made sure vets can now get needed care outside of VA facilities

What is striking is the similarity of the graphs up till spring 2020. Is Trump claiming credit for the EU's expanding economy also?
That’s a good point. One point I was making earlier was that you can’t tell from the graphs when Trump took over. The slope is the same from 2010 to early 2020, furthering the conclusion that Trump was just a passenger on Obama’s economic train.

In Biden's introduction of Harris he lied repeatedly by using the bull**** that has been spoonfed to the leftists over the last several years. His comments on Charleston are the same empty headed bull**** lies that people here swallow and regurgitate on a near daily basis. You people make yourself look stupid with your cries about "Trump lies"...because you all do that **** in the daily. You are not only liars but you are hypocrites to boot.

damn

I didnt think so.....

The economic hit is global, no doubt about it. Thing is, this pandemic has greatly diminished trump's 'the strong economy only I could build' campaign message. He's going to turn off tens of millions of struggling americans with all the coronovirus fallout by telling them how great "his" economy is doing.

His administration's world leading pathetic response to the coronavirus is exacerbating the economic pain of working class america.

does any non-cultist watch a Tweety ad and actually consider it to be anything other than bull****? i hope that the answer is no.

does any non-cultist watch a Tweety ad and actually consider it to be anything other than bull****? i hope that the answer is no.

Does any anti-Trumper watch a Bozo the Biden ad and actually consider it to be anything other than :bs?
I hope that the answer is no.

Politics is dirty business. Neither side has the corner on the market.

I hope Trump continues to run on the "The economy is GREAT!" premise.

Anyone who is being evicted or laid off is just stupid, right? They're sure to vote for Trump.

Oh, and his awesome healthcare plan that is "right around the corner!" Ubetcha!

Does any anti-Trumper watch a Bozo the Biden ad and actually consider it to be anything other than :bs?
I hope that the answer is no.

Politics is dirty business. Neither side has the corner on the market.

i don't watch political ads very often because they suck and are designed to manipulate the gullible. however, without watching one King Tangface ad, i can definitively predict that all of them are bull****.

i don't watch political ads very often because they suck and are designed to manipulate the gullible. however, without watching one King Tangface ad, i can definitively predict that all of them are bull****.

As I said, precisely the way some feel about Bozo the Biden's campaign ads.

<snip>

<snip>

<snip>
/quote]

Ah, yes, the New York Times, the epitome of Deceptive Editing and Hyperbole...

As I said, precisely the way some feel about Bozo the Biden's campaign ads.

i don't really want to watch those, either. i might watch a couple of each candidate just to do it at some point. however, unlike in the past, our current tv watching habits generally mean that i mostly only hear about the stupid propaganda bull**** on here. if one popped up on a podcast or something, that **** is probably getting turned off with the quickness.

Back
Top Bottom