• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Assault on the Constitution

What, the Free Press is not enemy of the "people" a
ege?

Unfortunately far too many members of the press are nothing more than DNC operatives and thus not free press.
For god sake, look at the disgusting ,partisan job they are doing in Florida as we speak. Every normal person knows what Democrats are doing is wrong but youldn't know it from the left wing mdeia
Trump is the first Republican to blatantly call them out on this and it resonates. Because it's true.

Were you squawking after 6 years straight years of hearing about Obama's secret Kenyan birth certificate?

English translation please?

Unfortunately far too many members of the press are nothing more than DNC operatives and thus not free press.
For god sake, look at the disgusting ,partisan job they are doing in Florida as we speak. Every normal person knows what Democrats are doing is wrong but youldn't know it from the left wing mdeia
Trump is the first Republican to blatantly call them out on this and it resonates. Because it's true.

Oh dear

Well, if that is true then you are also "up a creek" because the right wing news media (Fox) does more of that than the left wing media.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fox-news-is-less-trusted-than-cnn-and-msnbc-fox-news-graphic-shows-2018-04-09

Except there are about a zillion time more lw media than Fox, aren't there?

and you just don't own a mirior do you?

You think that article is some kind of objective sourcE???

There is no comparison between Fox news to other media. The others try to cover things as objectively as possible. Sure they’re not perfect. They apologize when they make mistakes. Fox News takes pride in lying

No one has been sued for forcing their own reporters to lie. Fox has. Many times. And they did not even try to defend themselves by saying they didn’t lie. They defended themselves by saying that they have the right to free speech, and so they can lie as much as they want.

There is no equivalence. Fox is a danger to American democracy.

You think you are an objective source?

The author lays it out well.

Each of those taken by itself would be disconcerting. Taken in sum total, it's writing on the wall. Under Trump, constitutional protections are in serious jeopardy.

Most of us who railed against the clowned prince warned about this.

What stops him?

Free press

House majority

And yet you rail against the 2nd amendment daily. Don't accuse someone of railing against the constitution when you do the exact same thing.

He's officially executive branch. The constitutional argument will be if the president can use his power to obstruct justice.

Chances are it comes down to a political battle, winner take all in 2020. That's not exactly a good thing. But, it is probably the the likely thing.
How do you propose Trump is going to use his power to obstruct justice?

And yet you rail against the 2nd amendment daily. Don't accuse someone of railing against the constitution when you do the exact same thing.

When did I take an oath to uphold the constitution like the president?

Oh, that's right. Never.

When did I take an oath to uphold the constitution like the president?

Oh, that's right. Never.

Logically speaking, why should that matter? If President Trump banned guns tomorrow, would you be here telling us how he is railing against the constitution?

Seems like all he does is flog that one article on. Like as if he was a squirrel and found a nut or something.

Each of those taken by itself would be disconcerting. Taken in sum total, it's writing on the wall. Under Trump, constitutional protections are in serious jeopardy.

What stops him?

Free press

House majority

"Analysis by Stephen Collinson, CNN"

CNN? The Destroy Trump At All Costs Network?

Sorry. You'll need a more serious source than that.

Yes, this clearly violates the Constitution's call for 4 separate but equal branches of government: President, Congress, Supreme Court & Robert Mueller.

You must be too young to recall this sort of thing against B. Clinton back in the 90s. 6 years and $60 million resulting in one court conviction.

It was purely 100% partisan while trump makes Bill Clinton look like a choirboy and Hillary..Mary Poppins.

Prove it!

I passed a lie detector test. It was 2 questions- administered by somebody of my choosing. But you can't see it. You have to take my word that I passed it and it corroborated the fact that I was more objective.

I passed a lie detector test. It was 2 questions- administered by somebody of my choosing. But you can't see it. You have to take my word that I passed it and it corroborated the fact that I was more objective.

That is funny. Thanks, I needed a laugh this morning. You must think I am one of Trump's supporters, given that you are giving me a line of bull for me to buy hook, line and sinker. I am not buying.

In addition, even if true (which it isn't) that doesn't mean that you are more objective than the news media because they would also have to pass a lie detector test for it to be a fair contest.

Nonetheless, what I meant with my question that you so deftly evaded, is that you have yet to show me any proof that you are objective. Just for the sake of debating this issue, why don't you tell me what are the negatives to Trump and how much they can and do affect the American Public. If you are really being objective, prove it with a statement here in front of all the other Trump supporters in attendance.

What stops him?

Free press

House majority

Each of those, taken by themselves, are constitutional actions.

All of them, in aggregate, cause an enormous amount of butt-hurt to Trump haters.

btw, nobody...least of all, Mueller...should feel threatened by Whitaker. He's nothing more than a placeholder. The corrupt Obama administration pukes SHOULD feel threatened by whomever Trump nominates for AG.

What stops him?

Free press

House majority

You're right, but just to keep things in perspective, bipartisan majorities in the US Congress successfully attacked the US Constitution through legislation long before Trump came along. Yes, and Trump's predecessors signed off on those attacks.

The Constitution is dead. Trump is merely dancing on its grave.

He's officially executive branch. The constitutional argument will be if the president can use his power to obstruct justice.

Chances are it comes down to a political battle, winner take all in 2020. That's not exactly a good thing. But, it is probably the the likely thing.

Meuller and Rosenstein aren't above the law.

Currently, they answer to no elected authority. That, is the potential constitutional crisis.

Back
Top Bottom