• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's argument about the Post Office and Mail-In-Voting makes no logical sense.

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Please explain what Trump is exactly thinking.

Mail is being delayed all across America by at least a couple of days. The new postmaster general has been cutting staff and refusing to allow their workers to work overtime. In press conferences, Trump has said that he's refusing to fund additional money to the post office in order to spite the Democrats.

At first Trump said that he is against mail-in-voting. Now he says he's against "universal mail-in voting" and is now advocating for universal mail-in-voting for the states of Florida and North Carolina.

This is some head-scratching logic happening here. I need clarification from Trumpsters.

Here's why this perplexes me:

1. We have had mail-in-voting since the Civil War. It's up to states to decide on their voting laws. We have seen increases in mail-in-voting since the 1980s.

2. Why is voting by mail okay in North Carolina and Florida, but not okay anywhere else?

3. What is the problem with allowing everybody to apply for an absentee ballot? Trump and his allies are being deceptive. Nevada and California for example sent out applications to apply for an absentee ballot.

4. Why are we cutting services for the Post Office? Why must President Trump use the post office up for ransom?

Please clarify and respond to my points here. His views do not seem logical. I am a swing voter and not really sold on Biden. Your advice could tip the scale for me. Thank you.

the precious and Renfield both vote by mail.

You are putting way too much into this, it is really very simple.

President Cheeto is doing all he can to win reelection, Republicans know how to do this, it boils down to suppress the vote by any means possible. It is simply a bonus that he gets to use this as a means to fight with Democrats in the House.

President Cheeto is doing all he can to win reelection, Republicans know how to do this, it boils down to suppress the vote by any means possible. It is simply a bonus that he gets to use this as a means to fight with Democrats in the House.
/thread

That appears to be the reason. If it's, it's cruel and inhumane and unworthy of a vote.

Please explain what Trump is exactly thinking.

Mail is being delayed all across America by at least a couple of days. The new postmaster general has been cutting staff and refusing to allow their workers to work overtime. In press conferences, Trump has said that he's refusing to fund additional money to the post office in order to spite the Democrats.

At first Trump said that he is against mail-in-voting. Now he says he's against "universal mail-in voting" and is now advocating for universal mail-in-voting for the states of Florida and North Carolina.

This is some head-scratching logic happening here. I need clarification from Trumpsters.

It's not supposed to make sense - it's a feeling:

Republican absentee voting good; Democrat mail-in voting bad.

Then they can target areas that don't support them with more suppression and open the floodgates to areas that do. So as long as the base buys into that branding, that feeling, they will forgive the authoritarian vote suppression and wave their dixie flags with joy.

Back
Top Bottom