• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's action committee spent $375,000 on an unused office

It's not illegal
Money laundering is illegal.

Using political donations to pay yourself exorbitant rent for an empty office in your own building apparently is not. But, why would lawmakers imagine that a former US president would do such a thing?

As much as he has insisted on names, he also has concluded that "business is business" and is completely acceptable with that. It wouldn't matter if a name was provided.
He insisted on names, because he runs in groups of people that then threaten these people and their families for telling on Trump

from the right-wing New York Times...

"
But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

Frank Giustra, right, a mining financier, has donated $31.3 million to the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton, left.

Frank Giustra, right, a mining financier, has donated $31.3 million to the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton, left.Credit...Joaquin Sarmiento/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
At the time, both Rosatom and the United States government made promises intended to ease concerns about ceding control of the company’s assets to the Russians. Those promises have been repeatedly broken, records show.
The Uranium One transaction is another thing that was blown way out of proportion to from it actually was, but that is another thread (or go back and resurrect an old thread).

The donation to the Clinton Foundation benefited the work of the foundation, which I pointed out in my post received high marks from Charity Navigator. The Clinton's did not personally derive any benefit thereof. Now you can make a comment about the influence shake down here, that may have some merit, but you portrayed the Clinton Foundation as a sham, and it was not. It was a class A charitable organization.

Money laundering is illegal.

Using political donations to pay yourself exorbitant rent for an empty office in your own building apparently is not. But, why would lawmakers imagine that a former US president would do such a thing?
Sure that's illegal. But what Trump did here from the article I read is not.

This is the way liberal media fabricates lies.

While it may be true that Trump PAC's rented space in his building, which is not illegal, notice that there are no named persons confirming the offices were empty. They simply make that part up, attribute no sources, and they dare you to prove them wrong.

Watch the posts that pile up here of people gobbling the entire lie whole.
Sorry pal, that is not the way journalism works. While they do not reveal source names so they get to the root of the stories, real newspapers run a journalistic process that challenges the source to be an authority on what he or she speaks, it corroborated by another credible source and all of this has been reviewed by an editor to ensure the first two steps are done. The fact you don't know the name of the source means very little.

Now we all appreciate that this may a foreign concept to someone that might get their news from a fact-free conspiracy site that many of our posters that label themselves as conservatives spend most of their time.

Sure that's illegal. But what Trump did here from the article I read is not.
Yes, that is exactly what I said in my comment. Thank you for restating it for me.

This is the way liberal media fabricates lies.

While it may be true that Trump PAC's rented space in his building, which is not illegal, notice that there are no named persons confirming the offices were empty. They simply make that part up, attribute no sources, and they dare you to prove them wrong.

Watch the posts that pile up here of people gobbling the entire lie whole.
FFS, there is open office space all over the country right now due to the amount of people working from home. Anyone with a shred of integrity about them would not self deal by directing money from their pac to their own properties in the first place.

FFS, there is open office space all over the country right now due to the amount of people working from home. Anyone with a shred of integrity about them would not self deal by directing money from their pac to their own properties in the first place.
As @Grand Mal said earlier in the thread -

That's where the bar has been since Trump's inauguration. "Is it illegal? Indictable? No? Then It's acceptable."

Yes, that is exactly what I said in my comment. Thank you for restating it for me.
No problem..looked like you needed the assist

All I say is every dollar sent to trump is money that they could have been sending to the RNC for their candidates they won't be sending there. Good.

Not likely.

The RNC has been paying trump's legal bills.

This one is funny:

So whether it goes to trump directly or to the RNC, most of it still ends up with trump.

Not likely.

This one is funny:

So whether it goes to trump directly or to the RNC, most of it still ends up with trump.
So , in addition to getting money from people paying him directly rather than the RNC, the RNC is also paying his laywer bills, so they have even LESS money to spend on candidates.

And guess who was the landlord? The former grifter-in-chief and now just a grifter. The office was located in Trump Tower. Also, in addition to the PAC, TFG's campaign office rented office space there that was not used (it was located in Alexandria, VA).

How can anyone support this liar/grifter/conman?
No, it's ok. Now if Biden had done something like that it'd be on Fox News with Alerts every hour for a month.

So , in addition to getting money from people paying him directly rather than the RNC, the RNC is also paying his laywer bills, so they have even LESS money to spend on candidates.

Bingo.

Which I have no problem with.

It's less money to help crazy people be elected to government.

Not likely.

This one is funny:

Since when is her husband being paid to give privately speechs illegal or immoral?
Renting fake office space is unethical and I'd bet isn't quite legal either. Especially, when the candidate then pockets the money for personal use.

Plus, shortly before this happened, Trump raised the rent to ten times what it was.

Plus, shortly before this happened, Trump raised the rent to ten times what it was.
Only 10X well he probably thought it was more than that but lets face it he never bothers to read anything

He loves the country so much he didn't even take a presidential salary though. ;)

God these people are so stupid.

Back
Top Bottom