• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's acceptance speech

upsideguy

Pragmatic Idealist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
... full disclosure, as a presidential candidate, I think Trump is a buffoon and totally unqualified (ugly combination of arrogance, ignorance, narcissism, thin skin and childish temperament).... but, he is, IMHO, having is finest hour right now, delivering a speech which is actually reasonably presidential (though, I don't agree with most of it... at least it sounds reaonably presidential). Kudos Donald!

Well done, sir! Please keep it up so we might actually have a campaign of reasonable dignity. Please continue to show us that you actually respect the office you seek and the people you might serve.

Full text: Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript - POLITICO

Will that happen? One can only dream.

Whoops... we got a "nobody knows the system better than me".... from a guy that has never held office..... there is a little arrogance and ignorance for ya...

Last edited:
... full disclosure, as a presidential candidate, I think Trump is a buffoon and totally unqualified (ugly combination of arrogance, ignorance, narcissism, thin skin and childish temperament).... but, he is, IMHO, having is finest hour right now, delivering a speech which is actually reasonably presidential. Kudos Donald!

Well done, sir! Please keep it up so we might actually have a campaign of reasonable dignity. Please continue to show us that you actually respect the office you seek.

Dude just promised to eliminate crime and violence as of January 2017. That is dignified? That has integrity?

Ted who?

Trump is not going to mention him.

Dude just promised to eliminate crime and violence as of January 2017. That is dignified? That has integrity?

I actually did not hear that one...but, I know these things are full of shallow promises. I am just thrilled that its focused on some issues and some vision of the future. Maybe the bar is so low that I am giving him stars for most improved. I am just thrilled that it isn't just spewing out conservative red meat about Hillary.

Whoops #2..... we are going to defeat Isis quickly. Stamping out Islamic terrorism quickly.... more arrogance and ignorance.

Um... now telling he Republicans how he is going to protect the LBGT community.... interesting. The cons must be loving that one.

I need earplugs for it. Seriously --- is the teleprompter in all caps?

I actually did not hear that one...but, I know these things are full of shallow promises. I am just thrilled that its focused on some issues and some vision of the future. Maybe the bar is so low that I am giving him stars for most improved. I am just thrilled that it isn't just spewing out conservative red meat about Hillary.

Whoops #2..... we are going to defeat Isis quickly.... more arrogance and ignorance.

Um... now telling he Republicans how he is going to protect the LBGT community.... interesting. The cons must be loving that one.

The bull**** is flowing tonight.

Whoops #2..... we are going to defeat Isis quickly. Stamping out Islamic terrorism quickly.... more arrogance and ignorance.

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon -- and I mean very soon -- come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-remarks-accepting-the-republican-nomination/

Trump is throwing out bones...with no meat on them.

Whoops... we got a "nobody knows the system better than me".... from a guy that has never held office..... there is a little arrogance and ignorance for ya...

I don't disagree with you in terms of the arrogance, but I think the comment was reasonable given the context that I took away from it. The "system" he seemed to be talking about was that of lobbying, of special interests, of the way in which politicians are influenced and "bought" of sorts....that's the "system" i believe he was talking about "fixing" at that point, and it's one he likely is very, very well versed in.

I don't disagree with you in terms of the arrogance, but I think the comment was reasonable given the context that I took away from it. The "system" he seemed to be talking about was that of lobbying, of special interests, of the way in which politicians are influenced and "bought" of sorts....that's the "system" i believe he was talking about "fixing" at that point, and it's one he likely is very, very well versed in.

How reasonable was this?

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon -- and I mean very soon -- come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.

Wait till next week. This will seem a minor flow compared to that. :mrgreen:

I seriously doubt there could be a bigger lie than resolving crime and violence in a day.

... full disclosure, as a presidential candidate, I think Trump is a buffoon and totally unqualified (ugly combination of arrogance, ignorance, narcissism, thin skin and childish temperament).... but, he is, IMHO, having is finest hour right now, delivering a speech which is actually reasonably presidential (though, I don't agree with most of it... at least it sounds reaonably presidential). Kudos Donald!

Well done, sir! Please keep it up so we might actually have a campaign of reasonable dignity. Please continue to show us that you actually respect the office you seek and the people you might serve.

Full text: Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript - POLITICO

So what didn't you agree with? You indicate you disagreed with most.

Did you disagree that our immigration policies should benefit the people of the United States rather than the immigrants?
Did you disagree that we should protect our gun rights?
Did you disagree that we shouldn't increase Syrian refugees by 500%?
Did you disagree that we should carefully vet immigrants?
That we should save blue collar jobs?
That China is a currency manipulator?
Etc?

Specifically, what did you disagree with?

I seriously doubt there could be a bigger lie than resolving crime and violence in a day.
"Beginning on January 20th, 2017" is resolving crime and violence in one day? Reads like a starting point to me.

Where's Mike Pence?......Oh there he is....

Wait for it.....wait for it....

THE BALOONS!!! THE BALOONS!!!!

He did? He really did? Glad I'm not watching. I've got more entertaining things to do, like put dishes in the sink.

The sad thing is, there's millions of Americans who actually believe him.

I head that line too, but until I see it in full context in a transcript I reserve final judgement. It's to far back in the DVR's memory right now to bother with.

At the same time, later in the speech, he condemned the Orlando shooter, and in support of the LGBTQ community. Not your typical Republican position, but a welcome one, I would think.

So what didn't you agree with? You indicate you disagreed with most.

Did you disagree that our immigration policies should benefit the people of the United States rather than the immigrants?
Did you disagree that we should protect our gun rights?
Did you disagree that we shouldn't increase Syrian refugees by 500%?
Did you disagree that we should carefully vet immigrants?
That we should save blue collar jobs?
That China is a currency manipulator?
Etc?

Specifically, what did you disagree with?

What of the above do you think Trump would actually be able to do anything about? Even the gun rights claptrap - the difference isn't who's president, but who controls Congress - not that we're mentioning the NRA any names....

I head that line too, but until I see it in full context in a transcript I reserve final judgement. It's to far back in the DVR's memory right now to bother with.

At the same time, later in the speech, he condemned the Orlando shooter, and in support of the LGBTQ community. Not your typical Republican position, but a welcome one, I would think.

The transcript is in the OP link.

"Beginning on January 20th, 2017" is resolving crime and violence in one day? Reads like a starting point to me.

He didn't say the process will start, he said safety we be restored.

Definition...

return (someone or something) to a former condition, place, or position.

Total bull****.

What of the above do you think Trump would actually be able to do anything about? Even the gun rights claptrap - the difference isn't who's president, but who controls Congress - not that we're mentioning the NRA any names....

Executive Orders are powerful instruments.

It will be in the pantsuit next week.

Back
Top Bottom