• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trumpkins are gullible-ass SOBs, that or they're just purely ignorant partisans

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Per the poll noted below, Trumpkins and Independents get their news from roughly the same places, and in the same proportions. I mean, really. I expect Dems and GOP-ers to get info from different places and form diametrically different conclusions based on it. However, when folks lacking party allegiance consume basically the same content as GOP-ers (Indies reported consuming info in different patterns and from different sources from Dems) and arrive at materially different conclusions, ones that more nearly align with Dems, one has to ask WTF is going on in the minds of those GOP-ers. Is there even something going on in there?

What makes me say the above? Well, I read the below linked-to poll and I started thinking about what might drive, not the actual responses folks gave, but the difference in some of the answers, particularly the differences between Republicans and Independents. Seeing those differences, I realized there shouldn't be an exogenous information-oriented reason for the difference because those catalysts are essentially the same. That means the differences must preponderantly be driven by endogenous disparities among the respondents and how they process (or don't) information. That led me to posit that Trumpkins are some stupid, intransigent, gullible-ass "mofos."

Read the poll for yourself:

Some additional inferences I've drawn from the above noted poll:
  • Republicans who are well-informed about the shutdown are comparatively rare. More than half of Republicans know little or nothing about the shutdown. What do you want to wager that more than half of GOP-ers have an opinion on the matter, even as they aren't well-informed about it?
    • Poll: How much have you seen, heard or read about the recent shutdown of portions of the federal government?
      • A lot:
        • Dems --> 60%
        • GOP-ers --> 47%
        • Indies --> 53%
      • Xelor: Concomitant with their relative ignorance about the shutdown and apparent disregard for Trump's dissembling, Republicans found Trump's Oval Office address convincing about the verisimility of a southern border crisis, even though Trump didn't in his address reveal anything noteworthy and new.
        • Poll: President Trump's speech convinced me there is a crisis on the Southern border.
          • Dems --> 21% agree
          • GOP-ers --> 66% agree
          • Indies --> 32% agree
  • Trump's claim that the furloughed and unpaid-yet-essential workers are mostly Democrats appears not to hold water.
    • Poll: Are you, or someone in your immediate family a federal employee or contractor and was furloughed without pay?
      • Dems --> 5%
      • GOP-ers --> 5%
  • Republicans are relatively more insouciant than Dems about the consequences of the shutdown.
    • Poll: The government shutdown is going to hurt our country.
      • Dems --> 88% agree
      • GOP-ers --> 53% agree
      • Indies --> 71% agree

Per the poll noted below, Trumpkins and Independents get their news from roughly the same places, and in the same proportions. I mean, really. I expect Dems and GOP-ers to get info from different places and form diametrically different conclusions based on it. However, when folks lacking party allegiance consume basically the same content as GOP-ers (Indies reported consuming info in different patterns and from different sources from Dems) and arrive at materially different conclusions, ones that more nearly align with Dems, one has to ask WTF is going on in the minds of those GOP-ers. Is there even something going on in there?

What makes me say the above? Well, I read the below linked-to poll and I started thinking about what might drive, not the actual responses folks gave, but the difference in some of the answers, particularly the differences between Republicans and Independents. Seeing those differences, I realized there shouldn't be an exogenous information-oriented reason for the difference because those catalysts are essentially the same. That means the differences must preponderantly be driven by endogenous disparities among the respondents and how they process (or don't) information. That led me to posit that Trumpkins are some stupid, intransigent, gullible-ass "mofos."

• Republicans who are well-informed about the shutdown are comparatively rare. More than half of Republicans know little or nothing about the shutdown. What do you want to wager that more than half of GOP-ers have an opinion on the matter, even as they aren't well-informed about it?
    • Poll: How much have you seen, heard or read about the recent shutdown of portions of the federal government?
      • A lot:
        • Dems --> 60%
        • GOP-ers --> 47%
        • Indies --> 53%
      • Xelor: Concomitant with their relative ignorance about the shutdown and apparent disregard for Trump's dissembling, Republicans found Trump's Oval Office address convincing about the verisimility of a southern border crisis, even though Trump didn't in his address reveal anything noteworthy and new.
        • Poll: President Trump's speech convinced me there is a crisis on the Southern border.
          • Dems --> 21% agree
          • GOP-ers --> 66% agree
          • Indies --> 32% agree
  • Trump's claim that the furloughed and unpaid-yet-essential workers are mostly Democrats appears not to hold water.
    • Poll: Are you, or someone in your immediate family a federal employee or contractor and was furloughed without pay?
      • Dems --> 5%
      • GOP-ers --> 5%
  • Republicans are relatively more insouciant than Dems about the consequences of the shutdown.
      • Dems --> 88% agree
      • GOP-ers --> 53% agree
      • Indies --> 71% agree

I'm still waiting for the promised border security that was offered in the 80's when Reagan made the Amnesty deal.

Still not there, still not coming.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it.

If Trump gives in on this, the Dems will do what they ALWAYS do. Renege on the deal.

This is not a mystery to figure out. It's a certainty to be expected. Trump understands the reality and knows the game they are playing.

Trump has changed the game.

I'm still waiting for the promised border security that was offered in the 80's when Reagan made the Amnesty deal.

If Trump gives in on this, the Dems will do what they ALWAYS do. Renege on the deal.

This is not a mystery to figure out. It's a certainty to be expected. Trump understands the reality and knows the game they are playing.

Yeah, whatever...none of that has anything to do with the thread/OP topic/theme.

• A lot:
        • Dems --> 60%
        • GOP-ers --> 47%
        • Indies --> 53%
          • Dems --> 21% agree
          • GOP-ers --> 66% agree
          • Indies --> 32% agree
      • Dems --> 5%
      • GOP-ers --> 5%
      • Dems --> 88% agree
      • GOP-ers --> 53% agree
      • Indies --> 71% agree

Sorry but your polls dont support your idiotic assertions. But keep trying. Frankly, the idea that 88% democrats think the shutdown will 'hurt the country' only shows how stupid democrats are.

Accusations of 'holding Federal Employees hostage' and that this is 'Trump's shutdown' are little more than projection and accusing the other side of what they are themselves have done and are doing. Typically Democrat.

Accusations of 'holding Federal Employees hostage' and that this is 'Trump's shutdown' are little more than projection and accusing the other side of what they are themselves have done and are doing. Typically Democrat.

Yeah, whatever....You too have no inferences to share based on the responses shown in the poll....

• A lot:
        • Dems --> 60%
        • GOP-ers --> 47%
        • Indies --> 53%
          • Dems --> 21% agree
          • GOP-ers --> 66% agree
          • Indies --> 32% agree
      • Dems --> 5%
      • GOP-ers --> 5%
      • Dems --> 88% agree
      • GOP-ers --> 53% agree
      • Indies --> 71% agree

I did not read your post, because I am way oversubscribed to "They suck so feel free to ignore them and abuse them" thinking.

WE USED TO BE BETTER!

Yeah, whatever....You too have no inferences to share based on the responses shown in the poll....

I did not read your post, because I am way oversubscribed to "They suck so feel free to ignore them and abuse them" thinking.

That.

WE USED TO BE BETTER!

Yes we were. How to get back to that is the question, and one that I know you've been asking for some time now. I wish I had an answer for you.

Off-Topic:

WE USED TO BE BETTER!

Mine isn't a "they suck" theme. It's a "they're dumber than the day is long" theme.

It's no surprise you don't know what be the OP's theme insofar as you've demurred to read it.​

Off-Topic:

Mine isn't a "they suck" theme. It's a "they're dumber than the day is long" theme.

It's no surprise you don't know what be the OP's theme insofar as you've demurred to read it.​

And yet I like Trump, and I am one of the hyper educated.

This is slander that people who like Trump Just Have To Be stupid.

I do. 88% of dems believe the shutdown 'is hurting the country' yet support dem leaders who are unwilling to compromise in an effort to end it. That tells me that the hate-filled, loony left is only interested in damaging Trump and arent interested how much their Resistance damages the country. Not sure how you read all those polls and missed that. Does that make you a "gullible ass SOB" or just a 'purely ignorant partisan?'

Last edited:

One might even be able to assume that this is some Democratic project and accusing others of what they themselves are doing, type of thing.

• A lot:
        • Dems --> 60%
        • GOP-ers --> 47%
        • Indies --> 53%
          • Dems --> 21% agree
          • GOP-ers --> 66% agree
          • Indies --> 32% agree
      • Dems --> 5%
      • GOP-ers --> 5%
      • Dems --> 88% agree
      • GOP-ers --> 53% agree
      • Indies --> 71% agree

You know...if you want to keep your doctor, you can keep your doctor!

Sorry but your polls dont support your idiotic assertions. But keep trying. Frankly, the idea that 88% democrats think the shutdown will 'hurt the country' only shows how stupid democrats are.

Your statement represents and verifies the exact facts that the OP is bringing attention to.
/

He sure has. Trump was spot on when he asked Nancy if she'd give him funding for opening up the government immediately. She decided that the Americans affected by the shut down are not worth it.
I wonder if she'll jet off to Hawaii for a SECOND TIME while workers are missing paychecks.

Nothing says "I care" like taking a luxury, tropical vacation while people are trying to figure out how they're going to pay their bills.

One might even be able to assume that this is some Democratic project and accusing others of what they themselves are doing, type of thing.

This is sadly human nature, that which so so so so so depressingly so many Modern Morons imagine that they can overwrite with their demands.

Yeah, whatever...none of that has anything to do with the thread/OP topic/theme.

So, the two political parties negotiating with each other has no connection with the two political parties negotiating with each other.

Got it!

Any other complete departures from rationality you care to put forward?

The Democrats ALWAYS say that IF the Republicans will cave and give them EVERYTHING that they want, they'll negotiate in good faith after the cave occurs.

Trump knows they are lying. He has leverage right now and doesn't much care if the government never opens again. He's got time.

This thread is a nice demonstration of how the days when the left and often the Radical Left could impose their chosen conditions are over.

The people have sniffed out the evil afoot.

We will have NONE of this!

SIGNED:
HAWkEYE10
:gunsmilie
PROUD Member of he Rebellion since 9.10.15

[*]Dems --> 60%
[*]GOP-ers --> 47%
[*]Indies --> 53%
[/LIST]

[*]Xelor: Concomitant with their relative ignorance about the shutdown and apparent disregard for Trump's dissembling, Republicans found Trump's Oval Office address convincing about the verisimility of a southern border crisis, even though Trump didn't in his address reveal anything noteworthy and new.
    • Dems --> 21% agree
    • GOP-ers --> 66% agree
    • Indies --> 32% agree
[/LIST]
[/LIST]

[*]Trump's claim that the furloughed and unpaid-yet-essential workers are mostly Democrats appears not to hold water.
    • Dems --> 5%
    • GOP-ers --> 5%

[*]Republicans are relatively more insouciant than Dems about the consequences of the shutdown.
    • Dems --> 88% agree
    • GOP-ers --> 53% agree
    • Indies --> 71% agree
[/LIST]

Ignorant partisans probably applies to around 90% of those who affiliate with both major parties. Most of those are like robots when following their party's leaders. You can take it policy by policy. With Trump most Republicans back his policies, most Democrats oppose them. Hardly no one takes each policy on its merits. The same thing occurred during Obama. Most Democrats supported his policies, most Republicans opposed them. Again merits of the policy wasn't even considered by the partisans of both parties.

This is nothing new. Not in today's day and age. Partisanship, loyalty to party does blind folks who are members of that party. They see politics and in general, the world through deep red or blue tinted glasses. Neither sees clearly. The R and the D become the most important letters in the world. One's good, the other is evil. which one is good or evil depends which one you are.

This battle over the wall is asinine to me, as is the shutdown. Everyone knew long before the shutdown occurred that Trump had said he wouldn't sign another spending bill without funds for the wall. More than enough time to work out a compromise. If Reagan and Tip O'Neal could work out compromise after compromise on Reagan's SDI funding, so too could Trump, Pelosi and Schumer. The will has to be there to do so. Today, there is no will. Then again, partisanship wasn't as high in the Reagan/O'Neal era as it is today. Neither Ronnie or Tip had egos as big as the moon either. Not like Trump, Pelosi and Schumer.

When political party triumphs country, you get shutdowns over 5 billion dollars out of a total of 4 trillion that will be spent this year by our government. It's not the money this fight is over. It all about both sides giving the other side nothing of what they want while getting 100% of what you want. Hence no give and take, no compromise.

Adults could have worked this thing out long ago and avoided the shutdown completely. But when party politics entry the fray, common sense goes out the window.

So, the two political parties negotiating with each other has no connection with the two political parties negotiating with each other.

Got it!

Any other complete departures from rationality you care to put forward?

The Democrats ALWAYS say that IF the Republicans will cave and give them EVERYTHING that they want, they'll negotiate in good faith after the cave occurs.

Trump knows they are lying. He has leverage right now and doesn't much care if the government never opens again. He's got time.

The parties negotiating is irrelevant to the thread, it is because the OP/thread is about the people, the individuals, not the parties. The people who are Trumpkins happen to belong to the GOP, but it's the Trumpkins who the OP/thread are about.

Has it occurred to you that you may be an exception? That you're "hyper educated" doesn't make Trumpkins in general be not nitwits.

Why would I write about Trumpkins in general and cite a poll were I of a mind to remark upon a specific Trumpkin such as yourself or someone else?

The parties negotiating is irrelevant to the thread, it is because the OP/thread is about the people, the individuals, not the parties. The people who are Trumpkins happen to belong to the GOP, but it's the Trumpkins who the OP/thread are about.

Trumpkins is childish.

You should be would be embarrassed by your behavior if you were better.

Has it occurred to you that you may be an exception? That you're "hyper educated" doesn't make Trumpkins in general be not nitwits.

Why would I write about Trumpkins in general and cite a poll were I of a mind to remark upon a specific Trumpkin such as yourself or someone else?

I am always the exception....Come On Now....I know you are better than this!

Ignorant partisans probably applies to around 90% of those who affiliate with both major parties. Most of those are like robots when following their party's leaders. You can take it policy by policy. With Trump most Republicans back his policies, most Democrats oppose them. Hardly no one takes each policy on its merits. The same thing occurred during Obama. Most Democrats supported his policies, most Republicans opposed them. Again merits of the policy wasn't even considered by the partisans of both parties.

This is nothing new. Not in today's day and age. Partisanship, loyalty to party does blind folks who are members of that party. They see politics and in general, the world through deep red or blue tinted glasses. Neither sees clearly. The R and the D become the most important letters in the world. One's good, the other is evil. which one is good or evil depends which one you are.

This battle over the wall is asinine to me, as is the shutdown. Everyone knew long before the shutdown occurred that Trump had said he wouldn't sign another spending bill without funds for the wall. More than enough time to work out a compromise. If Reagan and Tip O'Neal could work out compromise after compromise on Reagan's SDI funding, so too could Trump, Pelosi and Schumer. The will has to be there to do so. Today, there is no will. Then again, partisanship wasn't as high in the Reagan/O'Neal era as it is today. Neither Ronnie or Tip had egos as big as the moon either. Not like Trump, Pelosi and Schumer.

When political party triumphs country, you get shutdowns over 5 billion dollars out of a total of 4 trillion that will be spent this year by our government. It's not the money this fight is over. It all about both sides giving the other side nothing of what they want while getting 100% of what you want. Hence no give and take, no compromise.

Adults could have worked this thing out long ago and avoided the shutdown completely. But when party politics entry the fray, common sense goes out the window.
TY for a topically germane response.

Red:
I suppose; however, that's a profound sum of extant and entrenched ignorance if it's enough to explain the dichotomy I noted.
I read the below linked-to poll and I started thinking about what might drive, not the actual responses folks gave, but the difference in some of the answers, particularly the differences between Republicans and Independents. Seeing those differences, I realized there shouldn't be an exogenous information-oriented reason for the difference because those catalysts are essentially the same. That means the differences must preponderantly be driven by endogenous disparities among the respondents and how they process (or don't) information.​
Partisan explains Republican v. Democrat variances of opinion. Is current partisanship that profound among GOP-ers?

Maybe the answer is "yes," but among the GOP-ers I know (former colleagues, neighbors, former classmates, and social friends/acquaintances) that's not the case. The thing is that the folks I know well enough to know their politics aren't part of society's "norm," so I can't very well extrapolate their thoughts and ideas to society at large as I can the data from a poll.

Back
Top Bottom