• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trumpers/Republicans, you have my sincerest sympathy.

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trumpers/Republicans, you have my sincerest sympathy for what is likely to happen to you now that Putin has invaded Ukraine.

Up until now you were rejoicing the loss of popularity of Biden on the polls. The lower approval ratings being seen on what Biden has been doing.

Unfortunately, your friend and ally (Putin) has just thrown you guys under the bus with this invasion. Biden is likely to get higher approval ratings from here on in, especially if what Biden is doing to Putin (economic sanctions) work as expected. The sad thing is that the sanctions are likely to work as in this day and age, wars are mainly fought on the economic front and not with armed conflict and there (economics) Putin is a neophyte.

If by November the sanctions have had the desired effect (no matter what happens to Ukraine in the meantime), you will see higher poll numbers for Biden and for the Democrats.

Hey, you gained strength with Biden handling Afghanistan so badly and with the rise of infections and deaths due to Omicron and you were riding high! You were on cloud nine and ready to call victory a sure thing. Now, Murphy's law has occurred and you are now facing lower infections and deaths from Covid, the people forgetting about Afghanistan because of the new war and the Ukrainian deaths that are likely to occur at the hands of the Russians, and now Biden having 9 months ahead of him where these sanctions will take hold and strangle Putin economically.

Karma does exist and it is showing a liking in favor of Biden and against the Trumpers and Republicans.

My sincere condolences. I will pray for you that your ability to cope with a new disaster is good enough that you will survive this setback emotionally.

condolences.gif

Trumpers/Republicans, you have my sincerest sympathy for what is likely to happen to you now that Putin has invaded Ukraine.

Up until now you were rejoicing the loss of popularity of Biden on the polls. The lower approval ratings being seen on what Biden has been doing.

Unfortunately, your friend and ally (Putin) has just thrown you guys under the bus with this invasion. Biden is likely to get higher approval ratings from here on in, especially if what Biden is doing to Putin (economic sanctions) work as expected. The sad thing is that the sanctions are likely to work as in this day and age, wars are mainly fought on the economic front and not with armed conflict and there (economics) Putin is a neophyte.

If by November the sanctions have had the desired effect (no matter what happens to Ukraine in the meantime), you will see higher poll numbers for Biden and for the Democrats.

Hey, you gained strength with Biden handling Afghanistan so badly and with the rise of infections and deaths due to Omicron and you were riding high! You were on cloud nine and ready to call victory a sure thing. Now, Murphy's law has occurred and you are now facing lower infections and deaths from Covid, the people forgetting about Afghanistan because of the new war and the Ukrainian deaths that are likely to occur at the hands of the Russians, and now Biden having 9 months ahead of him where these sanctions will take hold and strangle Putin economically.

Karma does exist and it is showing a liking in favor of Biden and against the Trumpers and Republicans.

My sincere condolences. I will pray for you that your ability to cope with a new disaster is good enough that you will survive this setback emotionally.

View attachment 67376690
No need for sympathy. I, for one, want Biden to be successful against Putin because that will be good for the country and good for the world.

Not (ahem) everyone looks at crisis and first thinks "this is to my political advantage."

I'm sure Putin is quaking in his boots at all the sanctions Grandpa Biden is sending his way. What a joke we have for a president. Putin has threatened actual nukes and what's Biden's response?

That is Flaming without doubt but it probably makes the poor chap feel better .

Utter garbage because when Mr P has full control and it is evident that the US has been booted out of another country, the world will sneer at the stupid old Dementia ridden fool .

The economy will probably crash and gas prices will go up. Faux will spend the next few years blaming the whole thing on Biden. Remember, that party has the advantage of having virtually no shame, few scruples, and a situational view of reality. I don't see the invasion hurting Republican chances of victory much.

That is Flaming without doubt but it probably makes the poor chap feel better .

Utter garbage because when Mr P has full control and it is evident that the US has been booted out of another country, the world will sneer at the stupid old Dementia ridden fool .
We shall see. No doubt that a resolution to all of this will be known by November. You will either be right and can celebrate or be wrong and regurgitate.

I'm sure Putin is quaking in his boots at all the sanctions Grandpa Biden is sending his way. What a joke we have for a president. Putin has threatened actual nukes and what's Biden's response?
We shall see. No doubt that a resolution to all of this will be known by November. You will either be right and can celebrate or be wrong and regurgitate.

View attachment 67376690
A truly delusional post! Nothing more to say.

I find it cute how some people believe sanctions are meaningful to a country with a strong economic partnership with China.

I'm sure Putin is quaking in his boots at all the sanctions Grandpa Biden is sending his way.
You're overstating the case. But the oligarchs that support Putin are very unhappy with Biden - and that's important.
What a joke we have for a president.
Had. He left 13 months ago.
Putin has threatened actual nukes and what's Biden's response?
Sanity? Or are you suggesting Biden should get all the way down to Putin's level, and perform escalatio on him?
Sounds like something Bush the Lesser would do. Personally, I prefer an adult in the Oval Office. I'm glad Biden is there.

You're overstating the case. But the oligarchs that support Putin are very unhappy with Biden - and that's important.

Had. He left 13 months ago.

Sanity? Or are you suggesting Biden should get all the way down to Putin's level, and perform escalatio on him?
Sounds like something Bush the Lesser would do. Personally, I prefer an adult in the Oval Office. I'm glad Biden is there.

An adult in the Oval Office doesn't necessarily mean one in his depends. But hey we're stuck with Gramps Biden until 2024 are we not?

Why would I have sympathy?

Satan laughing spreads his wings.

View attachment 67376690
I've seen Colonel Alexander Vindman on TV a couple of times in the last two days. He is convinced that the Republican's support of Putin will be a major blow to the GOP (I believe he used the word downfall). He thinks that over the coming weeks and months we will see the suffering of the Ukrainian people over and over. The homeless, starving, and dead as a result of the dictator the GOP is praising. The Ukrainian refugee problem is also likely to be massive and occupy time on our TV sets. This will still be an issue in November and Vindman believes the GOP has given the Democrats lots of ammunition to fire at the Republicans, supporters of Putin...... Hope so. We'll see.

With gas prices sure to increase over the highs we have now, pretty sure the economy is not going to do well. This Russia-Ukraine conflict will not help Biden (popularity wise) in the slightest imo.

An adult in the Oval Office doesn't necessarily mean one in his depends. But hey we're stuck with Gramps Biden until 2024 are we not?
Better one who might be ready for Depends, than one like Trump who has clearly never been out of his diapers.

images.jpg

View attachment 67376690
Wait till they have to try "Vladimir who" on for size. Putin has badly miscalculated IMO.

With gas prices sure to increase over the highs we have now, pretty sure the economy is not going to do well. This Russia-Ukraine conflict will not help Biden (popularity wise) in the slightest imo.

Cause the war is his fault.

I find it cute how some people believe sanctions are meaningful to a country with a strong economic partnership with China.
And pretty naive to think sanctions can't be meaningful just because a country has a strong economic partnership with China.

As the Russian leader prepared to invade Ukraine, the leader of the Republican Party had only praise for Vladimir Putin.

Donald Trump has a history of supporting Putin ever since the Russian helped Trump win the 2016 Presidential election. So, it is no big surprise that Trump would have high praise for what Putin is doing as the latter prepares for a European war that could rival WWII in its severity.

The leader of the GOP thinks this is a great idea.

ABC News reports, "As Vladimir Putin steers Russia toward an invasion of Ukraine, former President Donald Trump is calling the actions of the Russian president "genius" and "savvy."

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump said.

“So Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. … Here’s a guy who’s very savvy. … I know him very well. Very, very well,” Trump added.

Trump's comments were made on Tuesday. They have been endorsed by the Republican leadership by virtue of their silence.

ABC continued, "Trump has long expressed an admiration for Putin, saying on Tuesday that as president, he got along "great" with the Russian leader."

"He liked me. I liked him. I mean, you know, he's a tough cookie, got a lot of great charm and a lot of pride," Trump said. "And he loves his country, you know? He loves his country."

It's true. The Republican has always been in total agreement with the communist dictator.

Concerning Russia's interference in our 2016 election, President Trump sided with Putin in July 2018. He "declined to endorse the US government’s assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election, saying he doesn’t “see any reason why” Russia would be responsible," CNN reports.

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” Trump said during a joint news conference in Helsinki.

Iran is a sworn enemy of the U.S. and the West. Iran is a Russian ally. The Iranian nuclear agreement (known as the JCPOA) was an agreement between Iran and the six major powers. It permanently barred Iran from making a nuclear weapon.

President Trump destroyed the agreement in May 2018.

The Republican Party which lost the House, Senate, and the Presidency during a span of two years (2018 to 2020) while under Trump's leadership is expected to win control of Congress in the November mid-terms.

Wait till they have to try "Vladimir who" on for size. Putin has badly miscalculated IMO.
I think he has, too (badly miscalculated). Not sure he has thought out the end game. Not sure he has properly evaluated the Russian people, their connection to Ukraine (lots of Russians in Ukraine and vice versa), and their aversion to this war. Not sure he has properly assessed the sanctions and the fact that this will further alienate Europe, his best customer. Not sure he expected NATO to unite as they have. (Didn't his puppet destroy NATO?) And believe he may have underestimated the will of the Ukrainian people and their military.

Maybe he's not a genius after all.

I've also heard speculation about Putin losing his marbles. Apparently he's been very isolated the last two years and his rhetoric is getting more and more chaotic and weird. Perhaps his visions of grandeur have exceeded his rational thought process.

View attachment 67376690
Wishful thinking.

And pretty naive to think sanctions can't be meaningful just because a country has a strong economic partnership with China.
Oh they can be meaningful. Just not in this case. Witness all the "we'll block them from SWIFT!" gleeful comments from people who apparently haven't followed Russia/China investment in SPFS and CIPS, to cite an example.

Back
Top Bottom