• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Wrong to Return to Yesterday's Jobs

Gladiator

Verifier
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The job force in America is dynamic, with many retraining schools.

Mining and Manufacturing jobs are not in demand in the US, but other job sectors are expanding. Services, Electricians. construction, Medical services, Medical equipment.

Miners and machinists have the ability to retrain for jobs in demand in the US.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/669634647/overview/

Utilities, Transportation, construction, marketing, wholesale/retail.

5 Best Job Sectors For The Months Ahead | Bankrate.com

//

Trump is also wrong about bringing back Oil workers and Coal Miners, because the US Future security will be more secure if these resources are in the ground. Use up the oil and coal in other countries, so the US can have the reserves, if world conditions deteriorate. If the US uses all it oil and coal reserves in he next few years, then there is nothing left for the future.

It would be nice to develop renewable energy, and save everyone's oil, gas and coal. But it is stupid to use up the US national reserves just to create some old fashioned jobs.

The US Government should be funding medical research, so that US companies ad workers can best benefit from advances in medical machinery and technology.

"Cuts in federal support and unreliable funding streams are creating a hostile work environment for scientists. This situation is jeopardizing the future of research efforts and ultimately clinical medicine, according to leaders of the nation’s top academic medical centers.Medical school deans from 18 institutions reviewed the financial challenges that prevent high-risk, high-reward research, drive established investigators out of the United States, and discourage trainees and early career researchers from pursuing their professional dreams.
“At any amount of public investment, the cost of the biomedical research enterprise is growing inexorably beyond what available resources can reasonably support,” they write in Science Translational Medicine.
“Persistent constraints on federal funding for biomedical research, including that from the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), threaten to undermine the biomedical research enterprise, and decreasing clinical revenue compounds this threat.”
[h=3]53 cents to the dollar[/h]Income from tuition fees, technology transfer"

How federal funding cuts hurt medical research - Futurity

//

Last edited:

Mining and Manufacturing jobs are not in demand in the US, but other job sectors are expanding. Services, Electricians. construction, Medical services, Medical equipment.

//

So I give up a $50k job with PENSION, Healthcare, HC in retirement, Dental, Vision, etc etc etc for LMAO!!!
Cashier? OHHH SCREW YOU $9 hr and no beneis!
Demonstrators and promoter? LMAO!!!! **** job, where is my seniority? $24k REALLY?
Desktop publishers: Median salary, $37,040 Publish what? And I will be replaced with a Chindian next week? Next year? LMAO!!!

Receptionists: Median salary, $25,990 - YEa, ca you IMAGIN the 50 yo rough guy "greeting" business people? LMAAO....... Making happy talk with other CEO's?

You are beyond a moron, and living in a fantasy world.

My rule is
No machine touched for less than $50k.

//
I'd like to point-out this article is likely 2 years old, since it's projecting into the future to 2015.

I suspect the trends might still be roughly similar, but still thought I should point-out the above.

So I give up a $50k job with PENSION, Healthcare, HC in retirement, Dental, Vision, etc etc etc for LMAO!!!
Cashier? OHHH SCREW YOU $9 hr and no beneis!
Demonstrators and promoter? LMAO!!!! **** job, where is my seniority? $24k REALLY?
Desktop publishers: Median salary, $37,040 Publish what? And I will be replaced with a Chindian next week? Next year? LMAO!!!

Receptionists: Median salary, $25,990 - YEa, ca you IMAGIN the 50 yo rough guy "greeting" business people? LMAAO....... Making happy talk with other CEO's?

You are beyond a moron, and living in a fantasy world.

My rule is
No machine touched for less than $50k.

Why can't you be an electrician? An X-ray Technician? MRI repairman?

Pay scales are improved by unions. What is Trump going to do to help unions boost benefits and wages?

What apprenticeships are available?

If the job is in demand, and there are no lay offs, what is the importance of seniority?

How long would it take to become an air conditioning technician? Get a job riding along as a helper.

There are some Americans who have been to college, and are terrified of getting their hands dirty on the job. Put some Vaseline under your fingernails, before work, to repel the dirt. Use oil to loosen the dirt, before washing you hands.

Donald Trump looks like he is afraid of dirt. Maybe I am wrong.

//

Why can't you be an electrician? An X-ray Technician? MRI repairman?

Pay scales are improved by unions. What is Trump going to do to help unions boost benefits and wages?

What apprenticeships are available?

If the job is in demand, and there are no lay offs, what is the importance of seniority?

How long would it take to become an air conditioning technician? Get a job riding along as a helper.

There are some Americans who have been to college, and are terrified of getting their hands dirty on the job. Put some Vaseline under your fingernails, before work, to repel the dirt. Use oil to loosen the dirt, before washing you hands.

Donald Trump looks like he is afraid of dirt. Maybe I am wrong.

//

I looked into Commercial electrician, Seattle area. All of 2000- 2008. 2 years of no work for a high seniority guys. 90 + apprentices no work at all.
FACT. So no, TRY AGIAN.

X Ray tech is a crap job, they only need an idiot to take a picture for the Indian that reads it. FAIL!

MRI repair? Great, about 4 of those needed in all of USA. FAIL!

Seniority is what makes you keep a job, and it also keeps jobs from being transferred or changed. It is the life blood of a worker. If you can get it.

AA/C tech. $12 hr crap job, and a revolving door. That is why they have A/C "schools", to supply a flood of cheap labor.

First you have t o have a factory, then you can have a union job...........................

There are no apprenticeships...............because company's don't want to pay for education, and they don't want employees that think they are going to
be there for 20 years.

The only real job I have seen in 25 years is Rail Road jobs. But they are 99% hereditary.

I looked into Commercial electrician, Seattle area. All of 2000- 2008. 2 years of no work for a high seniority guys. 90 + apprentices no work at all.
FACT. So no, TRY AGIAN.

X Ray tech is a crap job, they only need an idiot to take a picture for the Indian that reads it. FAIL!

It seems that you have some sort of issue with a qualified doctor reading X-rays who just happens to be of Indian heritage. Isn't that racist at some level?

Seniority is what makes you keep a job, and it also keeps jobs from being transferred or changed. It is the life blood of a worker. If you can get it.

AA/C tech. $12 hr crap job, and a revolving door. That is why they have A/C "schools", to supply a flood of cheap labor.

First you have t o have a factory, then you can have a union job...........................

There are no apprenticeships...............because company's don't want to pay for education, and they don't want employees that think they are going to
be there for 20 years.

The only real job I have seen in 25 years is Rail Road jobs. But they are 99% hereditary.

It seems that you have some sort of issue with a qualified doctor reading X-rays who just happens to be of Indian heritage. Isn't that racist at some level?

No, you don't know how medical x rays are worked. Your just a race is everything idiot.

See, Cheap tech in USA takes picture.

Then that is transmitted, (along with a good job) to INDIA filled with Cheap INDIANS, with free state schools, that work for $30 day reading x rays................

Liability is also avoided to any USA entity........so you can't sue.

Then the "reading" is emailed back to USA.................

SO again, RACE is a total failure. But transmitting jobs across borders again screws the USA worker.

FACT. So no, TRY AGIAN.

be there for 20 years.

Sorry you have made reasonable efforts, and still not finding success.

You seemed open to other ideas. IUOE has a building branch and equipment operator. Wouldn't it be fun to operate a bull dozer? Is the tunnel machine still stuck under the water in Seattle? If there are no jobs, then maybe become a union rep, to get more union members.

https://www.google.com/?#q=IUOE++Seattle+wa

There must be some organizations that meet to discuss small start-ups businesses or franchise opportunities.

It is not that hard to get security broker licenses. There are plenty of commission jobs.

The path to an MRI technician, is probably through X Ray training. How hard is that? Turn Left, Turn Right!

There are some day labor places in Seattle, some not as bad as you might expect.

Find a local wine maker, and sell the products to local bars and restaurants.

//

Last edited:
FACT. So no, TRY AGIAN.

be there for 20 years.

Xray tech pays good money for easy work, why not?

Mri and other medical repair is actually a very good paying job, most of their work is preventative maintenance, as no hospital wants machines that cost between 70k to 1.5 mil a piece to break down due to lives being lost and the shear costs of replacement. Many who are in this field are former auto mechanics, who realized that going to a 60k a year job with a company car full benefits etc was better than what they did, and some I have known on the higher end as senior techs make 150k a year repairing medical equipment.

Even with lower wages in texas, 12 an hour here is usually for no experience apprentices. A local company here takes in beginners with no school for 12 an hour, when their apprenticeship is done they move to 14, with possible yearly raises depending on performance and skill, many are making 18 an hour after working there a few years, going from apprentice/helper to the main tech/installer.

I know this will be met with skepticism but if you can give yourself just a few minutes to watch this Ted Talk I think many of you will see this problem differently:

Ted is a college educated professional.

Bill is less than college educated, and not superiorly skilled.

There is a difference in incomes, and job opportunities.

So Machines will create abundance. Jobs will be abundant for technology managers. But there will be a growing number of people whose training/skills is inadequate to achieve full employment, and the number of jobs for unskilled people will be less than the number of unskilled people.

There needs to be a societal response to the inadequate number of jobs for unskilled workers. Increases in the minimum wage is one approach. Higher prison populations is another approach. Some minimum income arrangement seems to be in the rainbow.

//

Why doesn't Trump bring back he sewing machine workers of the New York Garment district? Trump has a line of shirts. Why doesn't Trump have his shirts sewn in the US, by US workers?

Because it is stupid to turn back he hands of time that far from today.

Trump does not have a plan to deal with the number of semi and unskilled workers needing jobs that don't exist.

//

Ted is a college educated professional.

Bill is less than college educated, and not superiorly skilled.

There is a difference in incomes, and job opportunities.

So Machines will create abundance. Jobs will be abundant for technology managers. But there will be a growing number of people whose training/skills is inadequate to achieve full employment, and the number of jobs for unskilled people will be less than the number of unskilled people.

There needs to be a societal response to the inadequate number of jobs for unskilled workers. Increases in the minimum wage is one approach. Higher prison populations is another approach. Some minimum income arrangement seems to be in the rainbow.

//

"Ted is" you say. Does this make TED a person? are you referring to a person named TED? Confusing. This is a "TED Talk". The person giving the talk is named Andrew. Google "TED Talk"

As an aside Andrew McAfee (not Ted) is the guy speaking and is what we call today a "futurist". Futurist are people who research future trends. Trends that will set direction and scope of what is to come and the most admired and accurate futurist of our time died this week, Alvin Toffler. His well read futurist book "Future Shock" called almost everything we see in technology today 45 years ago. Nealy all of it. How accurate was he? The richest man in the world, Carlos Slim, credits his book with making his fortune.

This guy not-named-Ted is very very bright.

Last edited:
oops.. my bad
Andrew's story was based on a guy named Ted and a guy named Bill

Back
Top Bottom