• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: World Respects US Again!

Just like you don't recognise hypocrisy? You condemn Obama for this alleged 'gift' to 'terrorists', yet not a word of even mild displeasure from you for Reagan for doing the same thing-with added guns. Ok, you run with that...

I didn't agree with reagan at all on a lot of things. On many I did. Certainly not the Iran contra. What about obama and iran? Tell us your stance so we can see that hypocrisy you were talking about demonstrated.

You are claiming the U.S.A does not have allies? Is that your claim?

Of course US officially has the same allies as before Trump, i.e. NATO. But Trump has undermined NATO since he took office, and US relations with NATO members are on an all time low. So low that many NATO members rigtly worry that the US wouldn't come to help them if they needed it (and of course we have the inter- NATO tensions between Greece and Turkey flaring up in the Aegean, and the US as the unofficial leader of NATO hasn't done much to try to defuse them). Of course this confusion about NATO do not benefit the US at all, instead the US has always benefited from strong ties with her NATO allies, as well as the unofficial leadership position that basically solidifies the US position as the Leader of the Western World. The US can't be a leader of something that doesn't trust it. The only ones who benefits from uncertainity about NATO and the US withdrawing from her traditional position of leadership are Russia and China.

in cash...he paid it in cash...in cash..in cash in cash. You dont get it do you. Thats rhetorical.

So what? Iran's cash was already held in bank accounts. If I loan someone cash I don't want a credit note in repayment; I want it returned, in the same way as it was loaned.
If you don't want issues with Iran maybe you should have thought about the consequences of ****ing with them, 68 years ago. All actions have consequences, and there's no statute of limitations involved here. America (and GB), screwed up. Own it.

Last edited:
So what? Iran's cash was already held in bank accounts. If I loan someone cash I don't want a credit note in repayment; I want it returned, in the same way as it was loaned.
If you don't want issues with Iran maybe you should have thought about the consequences of ****ing with them, 68 years ago. All actions have consequences, and there's no statute of limitations involved here. America (and GB), screwed up. Own it.

hahahah ^ yeah lets give terrorists a plane load of cash... What could go wrong?!

World: No, We Really Don't!

U.S. Image Plummets Internationally as Most Say Country Has Handled Coronavirus Badly

Notice when the decline began?

PG_2020.09.15_U.S.-Image_0-01.png

Biden will have his hands full restoring alliances and relationships.

The world has traditionally held all sorts of very strong feelings towards the US: from love, respect, and admiration- to fear, envy, hatred, jealousy, and anger. But there is one feeling it never had until now: pity.

hahahah ^ yeah lets give terrorists a plane load of cash... What could go wrong?!

Ask Reagan and all the other Republicans and Democrats financing and supporting terrorists, dictators, tyrants and despots over decades of US meddling in the sovereign affairs of other nations. You even trained the bastards in interesting ways of extracting information at Fort Benning's 'School of the Americas'. US hypocrisy knows no limits, it seems.

The School Of The Americas Is Still Exporting Death Squads

School of the Americas Graduates

Last edited:
in cash...he paid it in cash...in cash..in cash in cash. You dont get it do you. Thats rhetorical.

That money wasn't even hold in US banks, but in banks all over Europe and Asia. With the US lifting sanctions these banks could allow Iran access to it's assets again, which had been frozen. Iran didn't have assets in US banks for obvious reasons.

That money wasn't even hold in US banks, but in banks all over Europe and Asia. With the US lifting sanctions these banks could allow Iran access to it's assets again, which had been frozen. Iran didn't have assets in US banks for obvious reasons.

So why do you think it is ok to send cash to terrorists again?

So why do you think it is ok to send cash to terrorists again?

The Iran nuclear deal was about Iran stopping her nuclear ambitions. Iran's nuclear program wasn't really yielding any results, they had been a "year naway from the bomb" for over a decade, but there was always a risk they'd at some point actually be able to develop nuclear weapons. The deal between US, Russia, EU and some others and Iran was for one purpose: getting Iran to stop their nuclear projects, WHICH THEY ACTUALLY DID. Mainly because the nuclear project was extremely expensive for them and being able to conduct business with other nations normally way more important for them. However as soon as the US withdrew from the agreement and reapplied sanctions they restarted their nuclear project. So bravo. If Iran develops nukes it's all on Trump.

This^ attitude is why Brian Williams never learned math.

noted: you did not say the answer to your question was wrong. It if settled then. Iran learned that President Trump is an idiot. :lamo

Peace through power. Its what works every single time.
On a large scale, yes. That falls under the “no **** column”.

Power doesn’t equal respect. Power is a deterrent.

On a large scale, yes. That falls under the “no **** column”.

Power doesn’t equal respect. Power is a deterrent.

That sounds like bumper sticker talk. Sorry but those terrorists do respect the fact that we can turn their nation into a glass parking lot.

That sounds like bumper sticker talk. Sorry but those terrorists do respect the fact that we can turn their nation into a glass parking lot.
I understand your perspective and I don’t disagree with your end point, giving terrorists and other rivals reason to think twice, or three times, before doing harm to Americans or America.

I prefer to call it what it really is; well founded reason to fear terrible retribution.

Back
Top Bottom