• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump woos Anti-LeBron James Voters; Crowd chants "LeBron James sucks!"

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Trump, a self-proclaimed stable genius, revved up a PA crowd by berating LeBron James.

Yo Black Folk, Li'l Wayne came out in support of Trump! "Shut up and dribble" LeBron. Black NBA players, particularly popular players, needs to know their place in society.

I can understand how this might appeal to Trump's base. I do not understand how this strategy results in a net gain of voters for Trump. Go ahead and explain it to me Trumpers. How does berating LeBron James improve Trump's chance of winning re-election?

Trump supporters chanting 'LeBron James sucks' is mind-boggling ignorance

“When they don’t respect our flag, when they don’t respect our country, nobody wants to watch,” Trump said. “Nobody.”

GTFO - Trump molests our flag, mocks our anthem, and takes dictator's words over our own intelligence community - talk about disrespecting the country!

i don't watch a lot of sportsball, but even i know that LeBron James doesn't suck.

“When they don’t respect our flag, when they don’t respect our country, nobody wants to watch,” Trump said. “Nobody.”

GTFO - Trump molests our flag, mocks our anthem, and takes dictator's words over our own intelligence community - talk about disrespecting the country!

Trump wants everyone to molest the flag, like he does. Or pretend they're leading an orchestra when the Star Spangled Banner is playing, like he does.

Examples please.

Trump, a self-proclaimed stable genius, revved up a PA crowd by berating LeBron James.

Yo Black Folk, Li'l Wayne came out in support of Trump! "Shut up and dribble" LeBron. Black NBA players, particularly popular players, needs to know their place in society.

I can understand how this might appeal to Trump's base. I do not understand how this strategy results in a net gain of voters for Trump. Go ahead and explain it to me Trumpers. How does berating LeBron James improve Trump's chance of winning re-election?

Trump supporters chanting 'LeBron James sucks' is mind-boggling ignorance

Trump just attacks pretty much anyone who attacks him. I don't think there is much thought beyond that.

Examples please.

1185f6e0-3ce2-4b9d-b46f-2c99c032b828.jpeg

Trump just attacks pretty much anyone who attacks him. I don't think there is much thought beyond that.
Thank you for translating Trump-Speak!

Sir Issac Newton, a stable genius, invented calculus to further his scientific theories.

So hugging the flag is wrong? Does this also get your all up in arms?
View attachment 67302788

Perhaps if I made a big scene about "respecting our flag" but I don't so it doesn't bother me.

Trump does talk about disrespecting the flag... then does it.

donald-trump-pensylvania-afp-910749-1604400657.jpg

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag

d)
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

Perhaps if I made a big scene about "respecting our flag" but I don't so it doesn't bother me.

Trump does talk about disrespecting the flag... then does it.

You want to know something interesting about that? I literally am required to have the U.S. flag on my uniform and basically a bazillion Soldiers and vets wear stuff with flags all over them across all ranks and services.

You want to know something interesting about that? I literally am required to have the U.S. flag on my uniform and basically a bazillion Soldiers and vets wear stuff with flags all over them across all ranks and services.
There is a difference between having a proper representation of the flag on your uniform and having the flag AS YOUR UNIFORM.

That this had to be explained to you is sad.

Sounds like those codes about respecting the flag need to be updated.

There is a difference between having a proper representation of the flag on your uniform and having the flag AS YOUR UNIFORM.

That this had to be explained to you is sad.

There are things that need to be explained to some people, that is for sure. I'm about intent, for the most part. Do you purposefully do things to disrespect the flag or the nation? Are you burning the flag or stomping on it? That's where you actually are involved in disrespecting the flag.

Sounds like those codes about respecting the flag need to be updated.

It's a bit ridiculous in it's construct, tbh. It's more of a matter of intent to me. Is the person celebrating/supporting the flag/US or are they purposefully not? The presence of the flag on various clothing, billboards, paintings, pictures, tattoos, ect, ect, ect is so prolific that it's nonsensical to apply a different standard.

Back
Top Bottom