• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump won't endorse Ryan, McCain in primaries; criticizes Ayotte

ludin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is what a Trump Presidency will look like. He will be fighting with EVERYBODY.

This is the crappiest election of a long time.
We have a felon liar elitist on one side
and a megalomaniac on the other.

Trump won't endorse Ryan, McCain in primaries; criticizes Ayotte | Fox News

All I can do is shake my head. I thought he would be smarter than this when it came to the general election,
but no the crap still goes on.

The more this nonsense continues the harder time I have voting against him even if he is going against Clinton.
3rd party might be my vote this year.

You probably won't believe this, but I really do pity y'all who would normally vote for whoever the GOP sends up - or at least against whoever the Dems send up. Most of y'all can't help but see what kind of person Trump is - y'all hate Hillary, but to have to choose between her and Trump...if I were the same person I was when I was a strong conservative, I'd probably have wound up voting third-party, too.

What's even worse is how this is going to damage the Republican brand for at least a decade - or even decades, plural. I do have one very real concern, though - while I'll happily vote for Hillary this time, I honestly hope that the GOP does not become as marginalized as it might be (thanks to Trump)...because of the GOP becomes marginalized and there's no other major party to takes its place, then we essentially wind up with one-party governance - and that's not a good thing.

The GOP did get itself into this mess - I just hope it can dig its way out over the next decade.

You probably won't believe this, but I really do pity y'all who would normally vote for whoever the GOP sends up - or at least against whoever the Dems send up. Most of y'all can't help but see what kind of person Trump is - y'all hate Hillary, but to have to choose between her and Trump...if I were the same person I was when I was a strong conservative, I'd probably have wound up voting third-party, too.

What's even worse is how this is going to damage the Republican brand for at least a decade - or even decades, plural. I do have one very real concern, though - while I'll happily vote for Hillary this time, I honestly hope that the GOP does not become as marginalized as it might be (thanks to Trump)...because of the GOP becomes marginalized and there's no other major party to takes its place, then we essentially wind up with one-party governance - and that's not a good thing.

The GOP did get itself into this mess - I just hope it can dig its way out over the next decade.

I believe anyone can reinvent himself, but the Republican party is going to have a tougher go of it because it doesn't have the resources to do it. And the "resources" I'm referring to here are the broad range of representative demographics. It has so perfectly alienated non-white Christians (and they're not doing so hot with women) that making itself appealing to them is going to be an uphill struggle without the voices that represent their interests and concerns to begin with.

All I can do is shake my head. I thought he would be smarter than this when it came to the general election,

The more this nonsense continues the harder time I have voting against him even if he is going against Clinton.

It's just immature payback. He's even using the same terminology that Ryan used about Trump - "I'm not there yet."

This is the crappiest election of a long time.
We have a felon liar elitist on one side
and a megalomaniac on the other.

giphy.gif

This is what a Trump Presidency will look like. He will be fighting with EVERYBODY.

Which is why a Trump presidency won't be so bad. Congress only works together to pass awful legislation. If everyone is focusing on fighting Trump then we'll get less awful laws passed.

PATRIOT ACT
TPP
SOPA

These are all awful and had broad congressional support. I'd love to have a deadlocked Congress.

Which is why a Trump presidency won't be so bad. Congress only works together to pass awful legislation. If everyone is focusing on fighting Trump then we'll get less awful laws passed.

PATRIOT ACT
TPP
SOPA

These are all awful and had broad congressional support. I'd love to have a deadlocked Congress.

So basically, he'll be awesome precisely because he'll be so bad. That'll get the country in the right direction.

Last edited:

Well, I think the parody that the Simpsons posted, the one in which he kicked Elizabeth Warren out of the country for being annoying and on twitter too much, comes too close to Trumps attitude to people who disagree or oppose him for comfort.

Like in this week he wanted to physically assault democratic convention speakers, his attitude to allowing only media friendly towards him in his events, etc. etc. etc.

He is too thin skinned to put nuclear weapons at his disposal, at least that is my opinion.

Yes, "the unblackening" from that comedy central show, the nightly show with Larry Wilmore, it is hilarious but the Daily show also use some great graphics.

Trump doesn't forget who criticizes him. When he gets into a position of power hey likes to drag those people around. You can see it with the way he made Christy stand behind him as he mocked him, and even made him do food runs for him. He knew Cruz wasn't going to endorse him so he let him go on stage and get eaten alive by the crowd while other republicans quickly sent their support for Trump. Now he has the power to toy with Ryan and McCain who criticized him in the primaries before finally kissing the ring. It's a little sick when you think about it.

So basically, he'll be awesome precisely because he'll be so bad. That's get the country in the right direction.
It's not a matter of him being so bad. Congress' goals are not in line with what America needs and haven't been for a long time. I'd rather have Trump in there stonewalling Congress than Hillary signing every piece of garbage that comes across her desk.

So basically, he'll be awesome precisely because he'll be so bad. That's get the country in the right direction.

sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all.

that's exactly what we.. well, I... want.

Clinton doesn't get her policies anywhere near the White house and Trump will be stalled by congress if he does anything way out of line. plus we may even get conservative judges of it.

I'll take it.

Trump doesn't forget who criticizes him. When he gets into a position of power hey likes to drag those people around. You can see it with the way he made Christy stand behind him as he mocked him, and even made him do food runs for him. He knew Cruz wasn't going to endorse him so he let him go on stage and get eaten alive by the crowd while other republicans quickly sent their support for Trump. Now he has the power to toy with Ryan and McCain who criticized him in the primaries before finally kissing the ring. It's a little sick when you think about it.

I have to take issue with your last statement. I think its VERY sick. The guy has a personality disorder that uniquely disqualifies him for the job.

So basically, he'll be awesome precisely because he'll be so bad. That'll get the country in the right direction.

It will let those asshats in the government know we want them to start acting in our interest, to start with, or we will resort to drastic measures.

The Amber Dunce must not understand that he needs the leadership in congress and senators to get his laws passed, or has he not looked that up on wikipedia/the internet yet.

It's not a matter of him being so bad. Congress' goals are not in line with what America needs and haven't been for a long time. I'd rather have Trump in there stonewalling Congress than Hillary signing every piece of garbage that comes across her desk.

You really haven't been paying attention in the slightest. You're not going to get some kind of Zen Budhhist immobility in the Federal government. You're going to get chaos. He's been bringing chaos to this country non-stop for the past year, and he's already begun to bring it to the international stage. Anyone who actually believes that the benefit of a Trump White House is "nothing gets done" is astonishingly naive. But that's the Trump supporter for you.

It will let those asshats in the government know we want them to start acting in our interest, to start with, or we will resort to drastic measures.

...by electing a guy who gets rich by conning poor people. Good job, champ.

PATRIOT ACT
TPP
SOPA

Yeesh.

oh yeah because the alternative is SOOOO much of a better choice.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "soooo much" but yes, the alternative is better. That is clear.

We have a President that was breathtakingly inexperienced. He has done real damage. This man is not only totally inexperienced but full of half baked ideas that are possibly worthy of kindergarten but can harm us in a way not even Obama managed to.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "soooo much" but yes, the alternative is better. That is clear.

and I will have to disagree and state that it most certainly is not clear, and that my aforementioned reasons explain precisely why.

Back
Top Bottom