• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Winning Over Sanders’ upporters isn't as crazy as you think

Why do you have to be familiar with the joke to judge if it was racist?
I don't know the context of the alleged joke. I do know the context of the comment made by Trump that was judged racist by leaders in his own party. You claimed that racism is too easily tossed around when speaking about Trump, but apparently people across the political spectrum see merit to those accusations. As do I.

I don't know the context of the alleged joke. I do know the context of the comment made by Trump that was judged racist by leaders in his own party. You claimed that racism is too easily tossed around when speaking about Trump, but apparently people across the political spectrum see merit to those accusations. As do I.

What context would make that joke acceptable?

I didn't mention Trump and racism in my original comment.

Will Trump be able to persuade a significant number of Bernsters to his side?
No.

Most Bernie supporters will not vote for a sexist and xenophobic billionaire who routinely bankrupted his partners, just because he's against free trade.

What about he rest of the ticket? I assume Democrats mostly. Your vote is more important in those races. The gridlock needs to be fixed and quickly or it won't matter what bills Sanders and Warren introduce. I know that Warren has said how much she is looking forward to working with Hillary. I hope you will help make that happen at least.

I've had to remind a lot of my fellow Wisconsinites about this. They want to stay home instead of vote for either abysmal candidate for pres...but we have a hotly contested senate vote between Ron Johnson and Russ Feingold that can't be ignored

Let's note the similarities between '08 and '16.
-"8 years of an unpopular president"..I wouldn't say that Obama is an unpopular as Bush, but I know many Obama voters have had remorse from 08 and 12.
- "Obama generated mass hysteria" from media, Hollywood, urban areas, etc....Trump has generated hysteria amongst people who haven't been able to relate to most politicians. The media does despise him, and that's cost him.
- Obama ran against a career politician with corruption allegations...Trump is running against a career opportunist who is one of the dirtiest politicians and connivers of all time.

Trump may stand a better chance than you'd care to admit.

You aren't from america are you? With this post you simple can't be lol

Born and bred in the Golden State.

How old were you in 04' and 08' then because the similarities you point out don't really exist in reality at all lol

I have to ask. Have you not noticed how Trump simply repeats himself without ever really laying down a plan. "I'm going to build a wall. It's going to be a big wall. A really big wall. Watch me build a wall."

That's all he has. That people buy that crap amazes me.

Same with his plan to send back all the illegals. Has anyone supporting him thought for one second, considered at all, exactly what that would entail? We'd have a police state with millions of personnel dedicated to nothing but rooting out and shipping off illegals, probably snatching them up in the dead of night at gunpoint. Who thinks this is a good idea?

Yes I have noticed Trump repeating the same things and I think he needs to get an advisory team together if he doesn't already have one, to go over some more specific plans of action.

Every politician does this to some extent, Al Gore famously repeated his "put Medicare in a lock box" line so many times during the 2000 race, that his candidacy eventually got put in a pine box.

Trump definitely needs to cut out the Superman swagger, and start meeting with economists, law enforcement, and foreign policy advisors who can give him some direction about how to implement his plans.

The American people want to believe that we can accomplish anything, it's what this country was founded on, Trump helps restore some faith in the American spirit, he just needs to fine tune his plans, or risk losing.

Back
Top Bottom