• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations

In other news: Infamous "Trump Wall" settles and builds ****ty hotel in El Paso Texas called "Rio Trump-de"

So I saw this on Morning Joe today, and already found a link for it. Kelly Ann goes into detail about it while visiting Morning Joe as well.

BREAKING: Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations; She’s ‘Been Through Enough’ | Mediaite

So there goes one of his selling points.

Don't bet on that.

Another one of those "sources"...talking to the biased media...and we are supposed to give this credibility? Yeah...right. :roll: I'll wait till I see Trump or one of his people...on camera...say it.

But hey...who knows? One thing for sure is that we won't know for sure until after Trump is sworn in.

In other news: Infamous "Trump Wall" settles and builds ****ty hotel in El Paso Texas called "Rio Trump-de"

very unreliable sources. she will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. criminials who commit high treason are prosecuted.

And he would have just as much luck deporting animals of the aviary kind from the USA as well, too. Then after that he might as well pick up his Dixie cup and start draining the swamp. :roll:

Trump will pass some tax cuts, and appoint some conservatives to the supreme court. That's about it. He may tweak Obamacare slightly and call it "Trumpcare", but yeah...that's it.

So I saw this on Morning Joe today, and already found a link for it. Kelly Ann goes into detail about it while visiting Morning Joe as well.

BREAKING: Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations; She’s ‘Been Through Enough’ | Mediaite

Did either of you gentlemen vote for him?

If not, then I'd think you'd have little to complain about if he doesn't do the things you feared he might do. Seems like you're trying to convince those of us who did that we made a mistake? :roll:

I never expected him to do many, if any, of the extreme things he stated to woo the far right voter base of the Republican Party. Lot's of promises get made in campaigns, some get carried out while others fall to the wayside. :shrug:

As long as he appoints SCOTUS members who support the originalist view of the Second Amendment preserving it as an individual right with few limitations I will think my vote well placed. :coffeepap:

Good, it was a dumb rallying cry to begin with.

Don't bet on that.

Another one of those "sources"...talking to the biased media...and we are supposed to give this credibility? Yeah...right. :roll: I'll wait till I see Trump or one of his people...on camera...say it.

But hey...who knows? One thing for sure is that we won't know for sure until after Trump is sworn in.
Here you go.

President-elect Donald Trump's administration will break a campaign promise and not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday.

"I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content" to fellow Republicans, Conway said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Trump aide: No plan to pursue charges against Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

I know it doesn't come from the Conservative Treehouse where you like to get your information, but most people would consider this a credible source.
very unreliable sources. she will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. criminials who commit high treason are prosecuted.
Is his former campaign manager unreliable as well?

As for the topic, I think this is a good idea. I care less about Trump breaking a campaign promise and far more about setting a precedent where future Presidents try to jail their political opponents. I'm glad to see Trump's change on this.

Last edited:
Don't bet on that.

A spokesperson for Trump said yesterday that Trump will announce his cabinet and other selections when he's ready. In truth, so far all we have is media speculation. Given Trump's lecture to the media yesterday, I expect that we'll know what Trump is going to do when he announces it, and we'd be foolish to place much faith in the media's various speculations. Hell, Trump may well decide to bypass the MSM entirely and announce his cabinet selections in a tweet.

The report comes from a source familiar with Trump’s plans, according to the MSNBC morning show

Here's we go again... I hope we are becoming more discerning with sources and more careful as we read them.

Here's we go again... I hope we are becoming more discerning with sources and more careful as we read them.
I agree. Of course, I find it very intriguing a Trump supporter (whose campaign revolved around fictitious stories and dubious sources) is now saying this, especially given the fact you posted a thread not long ago where you sourced an article which was false (which, to your credit, you acknowledged and owned up to).

But this story does appear to be legit, as Conway herself apparently said it. That's about as good of a source as there is, absent Trump himself saying. And given the number of times Trump has changed his story and position on things, perhaps Conway is a better source than even Trump.

A spokesperson for Trump said yesterday that Trump will announce his cabinet and other selections when he's ready. In truth, so far all we have is media speculation. Given Trump's lecture to the media yesterday, I expect that we'll know what Trump is going to do when he announces it, and we'd be foolish to place much faith in the media's various speculations. Hell, Trump may well decide to bypass the MSM entirely and announce his cabinet selections in a tweet.

Tweet or twit? Both words apply to the Birther in Chief

I agree. Of course, I find it very intriguing a Trump supporter (whose campaign revolved around fictitious stories and dubious sources) is now saying this, especially given the fact you posted a thread not long ago where you sourced an article which was false (which, to your credit, you acknowledged and owned up to).

But this story does appear to be legit, as Conway herself apparently said it. That's about as good of a source as there is, absent Trump himself saying. And given the number of times Trump has changed his story and position on things, perhaps Conway is a better source than even Trump.

I posted the thread you reference by accident. Not purposefully. And yes, I acknowledged it as quickly as it was brought to my attention. So perhaps you shouldn't be TOO intrigued. ;)

Where does it say Conway herself said it? I cannot IMAGINE anyone speaking for him right now.

I mean there is the small matter that going after Hillary, a private citizen that opposed him politically, is more than likely an illegal and impeachable offense. As POTUS you have a little bit of leeway as to the types of crimes you focus on, but not the targets.

The IT guy who failed to do what he was required to, and then used bleach bit to cover his tracks could have been prosecuted....had he not been given immunity. Also there are probably a lot of prosecutable people floating around from The Bush Administrations private email server run by the RNC that deliberally destroyed 22 million emails.

But the notion that anyone was going to prosecute a 70 year old grandma that couldn't make email work on a computer for orchestrating some crazy cartoon villenesque cyber conspiracy was always laughable.

Don't bet on that.

Umm dude Kelly Ann Conway confirmed it on Morning Joe. WTF do you want? He also alluded to not wanting to do it on 60 Minutes. If the news you get on Facebook said it would you believe it?

Yeah KellyAnn Conway, the person that managed his campaign and transition team is very unreliable. You're right.

I posted the thread you reference by accident. Not purposefully.
I'm not trying to argue with you but...how do you start a thread by accident? Like how do you accidentally press the "Start New Thread" button?

Do you mean you posted it and didn't realize it was fake when you posted it? Again, not trying to be an ass, just don't understand what you mean.

And yes, I acknowledged it as quickly as it was brought to my attention.
Something definitely worthy of respect and something far too lacking around here.

Where does it say Conway herself said it? I cannot IMAGINE anyone speaking for him right now.

I posted that link in an earlier post of mine in this thread. You can read CNN's writeup of it at that link though. They might even have a video, not sure.

Don't bet on that.

so you are saying we had to elect him to find out what he really will do. Hmmmm where have I heard something like that before, oh yeah, the ACA. Since that turned out ****ty, I guess we can expect a Trump presidency to be ****ty to. Thanks for the reminder.

Nope, not if they hold (or held) high positions in the DC swamp. Trump, IMHO, is making a wise decision to trade the expensive prosecuting of Hillary for some much needed demorat support among congress critters. Many other "policy" changes can be expected as Trump switches from campaign mode to POTUS mode. Trumpcare will be probably be much like Obamacare but with the states getting to administrate (skim?) more of the federal funds - this lets the big (mostly) blue states fund (subsidize?) the little (mostly) red states which is commonly called "bipartisan compromise" in DC.

Here you go.

I know it doesn't come from the Conservative Treehouse where you like to get your information, but most people would consider this a credible source.
Is his former campaign manager unreliable as well?

As for the topic, I think this is a good idea. I care less about Trump breaking a campaign promise and far more about setting a precedent where future Presidents try to jail their political opponents. I'm glad to see Trump's change on this.

Sorry, but that is not conclusive. She didn't say Trump was dropping it. I'm beginning to think this is another Trump rope-a-dope on the media.

Back
Top Bottom