• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations

Well obviously Obama can't pardon Clinton as she has never been charged or convicted of any crime; indeed the FBI clearly stated that they investigated and cleared her of any criminal wrongdoing.

What may be obvious to you isn't necessarily so. In fact, history indicates that you are wrong.

Can Obama Pardon Hillary Before Indictment? Bill Clinton Ironically Provides The Answer
Prevailing expert opinion seems to be the belief that a Hillary pardon is even possible before a Trump-run FBI recommends the Department of Justice to have Hillary indicted for the email server scandal. Attorney Samuel T. Morison told the Charlotte Observer that Obama can pardon Hillary but the “only constraint is that he can’t pardon someone in advance of committing the offense” and “the Constitution says the president can pardon ‘offenses’ against the U.S., not ‘convictions’.”

As it so happens, we do not have to look too far back into history for a legal precedent for this unique situation. In 2001, Bill Clinton granted clemency to former CIA director John Deutch, who was accused of mishandling classified information, prior to any charges being filed. Deutch had failed to follow basic security precautions and rejected Pentagon requests that security systems be installed.

Can Obama Pardon Hillary Clinton Without A ‘Guilty’ Criminal Indictment Or Being Arrested? Bill Clinton, Richard Nixon May Set Legal Precedent For Presidential Clemency

Also, the FBI didn't "clear her of any criminal wrongdoing". The FBI only recommended that she not be charged with anything. The DOJ didn't clear her either. They only decided to take the FBI's recommendation and not charge her with anything. A future DOJ could very well change their minds since no charges have ever been leveled against her and dismissed in a court of law.

So I saw this on Morning Joe today, and already found a link for it. Kelly Ann goes into detail about it while visiting Morning Joe as well.

BREAKING: Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations; She’s ‘Been Through Enough’ | Mediaite

So there goes one of his selling points.

The FBI and House are not going to ignore the illegalities.

The House is waiting for 10's of thousands of docs from 2009.

It will be up to the FBI, House and DoJ AG Sessions.

You cannot simply sweep away what seems to be serious criminal activity. And my bet is they won't.

PS. Trump is being clever about this... it's not in his hands.

I dont think so

Thats what career politicians with nowhere else to go in their lives do.

They exist only to get re-elected.

But trump already has everything a man could want and does not need government perks to live the good life

And yet he ran for office. For the power and the adulation.

And yet he ran for office. For the power and the adulation.

It sounds like you do not think anyone is qualifed to hold public office

Maybe you should change your leaning from libertarian to anarchist

Because with no organized government anarchy and chaos is what we get

Because there is nothing to pursue....everyone knew that except for the extreme Trump followers who believed everything he said....you know the same ones who believed that he would ban all Muslims, build a wall, deport all undocumented people...etc.....all the stuff that he has gone 180 degrees on already (even before taking office). Surprise Surprise. (Hint: Snakeoil salesmen are generally not someone you want to buy stuff from).

Because there is nothing to pursue....everyone knew that except for the extreme Trump followers who believed everything he said....you know the same ones who believed that he would ban all Muslims, build a wall, deport all undocumented people...etc.....all the stuff that he has gone 180 degrees on already (even before taking office). Surprise Surprise. (Hint: Snakeoil salesmen are generally not someone you want to buy stuff from).

I think there is plenty to pursue but do we (meaning a big majority of American voters) want to drag a sickly old lady and former first lady who happens to be a crook but nevertheless beloved by 10's of millions of rabid liberals into court like a suspected nazi camp guard from auchwich?

The answer I think is no.

Trump has bigger fish to fry than spending his political capital during the first 100 days on hillary

But that does not mean all her legal troubles are over

Because there is time before the statute of limitations expires

I think there is plenty to pursue but do we (meaning a big majority of American voters) want to drag a sickly old lady and former first lady who happens to be a crook but nevertheless beloved by 10's of millions of rabid liberals into court like a suspected nazi camp guard from auchwich?

The answer I think is no.

Trump has bigger fish to fry than spending his political capital during the first 100 days on hillary

But that does not mean all her legal troubles are over

Because there is time before the statute of limitations expires

Oh puh-lease.....there was never anything there. Trump simply saw the toothless drooling deplorables who were willing to follow any snakeoil salesman that would get them salivating. Trump was smart to see this and played right into their ignorance. He never had any intentions are "prosecuting" Hillary because he knew that she did nothing illegal. Its been proven time and time again.

Oh puh-lease.....there was never anything there. Trump simply saw the toothless drooling deplorables who were willing to follow any snakeoil salesman that would get them salivating. Trump was smart to see this and played right into their ignorance. He never had any intentions are "prosecuting" Hillary because he knew that she did nothing illegal. Its been proven time and time again.

Trump doesn't prosecute.

The FBI used the book Clinton Cash as the template for the pay for play racket they were running.

As we speak, the FBI is investigating their criminal activities.

"... there was never anything there" is the pinnacle of blindness. But... I am not at all surprised.

You don't give numerous people immunity for nothing... LOL.

THE PEOPLE deserve the truth.

Last edited:
He could give her a general pardon for any crime she may have committed.

And probably would have if she had won the election.

But now she is a little nobody and not worth the trouble

You neo cons will miss Hillary, you have been hating her for so long, a new hobby perhaps, fill your time?

Trump doesn't prosecute.

The FBI used the book Clinton Cash as the template for the pay for play racket they were running.

As we speak, the FBI is investigating their criminal activities.

"... there was never anything there" is the pinnacle of blindness. But... I am not at all surprised.

You don't give numerous people immunity for nothing... LOL.

THE PEOPLE deserve the truth.

Yes, we the people do deserve the truth, like Trumps tax returns, so much for transperancy, buisness as usual.

You were the one who decided it was important enough to respond with a sarcastic quip, so ya I did hit that nerve.

Heh. Your post wasn't baiting or anything. Nope. Nothing like that. You're above that kind of thing.

Heh. Your post wasn't baiting or anything. Nope. Nothing like that. You're above that kind of thing.

I was commenting on Cry Baby backing off his bluster on Clinton being jailed, you remember lock her up? Another promise broken, what did Cry Baby state, I will never let you down, guess what, he just did. Get used to it, the Birther in Chief is running the nut house.

I was commenting on Cry Baby backing off his bluster on Clinton being jailed, you remember lock her up? Another promise broken, what did Cry Baby state, I will never let you down, guess what, he just did. Get used to it, the Birther in Chief is running the nut house.

The president can't put people in jail. I understand that after Obama's terms, you would think the president can.

The schadenfreude is coming! The schadenfreude is coming!

Such hatred...

So I saw this on Morning Joe today, and already found a link for it. Kelly Ann goes into detail about it while visiting Morning Joe as well.

BREAKING: Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations; She’s ‘Been Through Enough’ | Mediaite

Trump finally said (close to) the right thing but for the wrong reason. Trump should have said that, as POTUS, he would not place his thumb on the scales of justice. If evidence of illegal activity is found then the DOJ will act on that, letting a judge/jury ultimately decide the matter, with no input (one way or the other) from the POTUS.

There was something there from the very beginning

Hillary exposed top secret documents to foreign eyes and that is a crime

The president can't put people in jail. I understand that after Obama's terms, you would think the president can.

Obama is old news, and about to ride off into retirement, lets put the glaring spot light were it belongs, on Cry Baby. Most Pres Elects wait until Jan 20 to back off those campaign promises, Trump could not even wait, yup a typical politician. So much for his PROMISE to never let you folks down.

You should have sent Cry Baby that memo while whipping his deplorables into a frenzy while chanting lock her up, gullable fools!!

Obama is old news, and about to ride off into retirement, lets put the glaring spot light were it belongs, on Cry Baby. Most Pres Elects wait until Jan 20 to back off those campaign promises, Trump could not even wait, yup a typical politician. So much for his PROMISE to never let you folks down.

I believe Obama intends to hang around and organize. Trump won't let me down. I had no expectation that he or anyone else running for president would fulfill all the campaign rhetoric thrown around. I'm satisfied Hillary isn't anywhere near the WH, and I'm enjoying the mass hysteria on the left. I recently learned that I'm a racist according to the frothing at the mouth left here. I'm anxious to find out just what else they know. They're so smart.

You should have sent Cry Baby that memo while whipping his deplorables into a frenzy while chanting lock her up, gullable fools!!

Two posts? You seem a little over-engaged for someone who claims you hit a nerve in me. Take a Xanax. Relax. Enjoy Thanksgiving.

While I personally think not continuing to prosecute Hillary would be a good thing for the new Administration as such prosecution would suck all the air out of the room so far as the media is concerned--they would treat it negatively of course--and it would make it more difficult to get information out on more important things, it bothers me that he would just discard one of his strongest campaign promises.

We elected Trump first to save the Supreme Court and that I think we most likely accomplished no matter what else happens. But we were also tired of the permanent political class promising the sun, moon, and stars to get elected, and then forgetting all about that once they are in office. We could almost hear them snickering that we fell for it - yet again.

I don't want Trump to be one of those. And the more he shies away from his campaign promises now, the more he will justifiably be seen that way.

rather be a deplorable than whatever you call Hillary supporters.

oh yea, losers

That is so cute, they think the circus is real.

Back
Top Bottom