• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will attend Bush memorial but won't speak at funeral, sources say

America generally most certainly is not.

We used to be better.

It's the Libbos, man. They didn't get their way and they're throwing a **** fit.

The Bush family won't want that idiot trump staying around one minute more than necessary....They despise him

And President Trump is welcome at the funeral, anyway. Like I said, classy.

It's the Libbos, man. They didn't get their way and they're throwing a **** fit.

The failure of the University was the critical fault.

Surely you have suspected as much....

http://news/national/trump-will-attend-bush-memorial-but-won-t-speak-at-funeral-sources-say

President Donald Trump will not speak at the funeral, sources with knowledge of the plans tell CNN, but has said that he will attend Wednesday's memorial.

Collective sighs of relief........heard far and wide!

H.W. Bush, being a member of the "greatest generation", had great respect for the institutions of the country. We are seeing his respect for the institution and office of the Presidency, even though Trump the man has done nothing to earn his spot at the table.

We have very few of the men of the greatest generation alive these days, and as a child & young man they were our fathers & grandfathers, neighbors and uncles & great uncles. I miss them greatly. I really do.

At funerals the tradition is that only those who knew the departed well speak.

Why would anyone then think that they would find Trump speaking here?

There seems to be some bad thinking taking place.

A former Canadian Prime Minister will speak at the funeral.

Basic facts do not "defy logic". Obama is not invited to the gravesite service. Sorry if you're not up on the news, that's your problem, not mine.

Its not a fact, its an assertion. The assertion defies logic as their is no reason for the Bush's to explicitly omit Obama as you implied in 26.....

I heard that they're not going to allow Obama anywhere near the gravesite ceremony.

Sorry, but the implication from that assertion is that the Bush's have specifically excluded Obama from attending grave side services. Where on earth did you get that idea? This is the third time I am asking and you have neither backed down (as you should, because you are likely wrong here) NOR provided support for your statement. You made the post, its your responsibility to defend the "facts" behind that post.

Now here is the schedule of events....

https://apnews.com/0432430b6f914049bbace07061a2451d

There is a private graveside service in Houston. There is no reason or expectation that previous presidents will attend that service, but that is MUCH different than your (apparently indefensible and I now say irresponsible) assertion that ....

I heard that they're not going to allow Obama anywhere near the gravesite ceremony.

...which implies Obama is not welcome. Where on earth did you come up with that? It appears to be something that is only in your head.

My I also point out that I challenged you to defend this assertion:

And yet, that's exactly what you did.

Again, you failed to do so. Please show me an explain, with example, how I did "exactly what you did"....

And, in debate if you can't back up an assertion, we get to consider it not true. Interesting you are spending all these posts doubling down on your unsupported assertion rather than actually showing us the cite for that assertion. It makes us all (me, as well as everyone that reads this) wonder why you can't back up your statements....

Sorry pal, but your series of posts here are incredibly weak. Please step your game. I will call you out on unsubstantiated claims. You might as well put me on ignore because I will not let you get away with such irresponsible posts. You can have opinions, but you can't have your own facts. If you want to make a claim, make sure you can defend it. That is how debate works. If you want to do drive-by's, stay on Facebook.

Last edited:

He who throws the best tantrum wins in their Peter Pan Fantasy Land.

H.W. Bush, being a member of the "greatest generation", had great respect for the institutions of the country. We are seeing his respect for the institution and office of the Presidency, even though Trump the man has done nothing to earn his spot at the table.

We have very few of the men of the greatest generation alive these days, and as a child & young man they were our fathers & grandfathers, neighbors and uncles & great uncles. I miss them greatly. I really do.

Trump does not need to earn his spot at Herbert's funeral.
He's there because unlike some, he respects the office of the presidency and does not wish disrespect the citizens of this country.

I'm sure the Trump wagon band haters will find something wrong though. Maybe he had toilet paper stuck to his wingtips during visitation or Melania had the wrong jacket on? Oh, the list could go on forever...;)

Former-President GHW Bush is following protocol and honoring the office he once held. He did carry out his wife's wishes that 45 not attend her funeral and as they were joined at the hip I'd bet he wished he could avoid having this particular POTUS attend his. Classy guy, yes, but not a fool.

He's there because unlike some, he respects the office of the presidency and does not wish disrespect the citizens of this country.

I'm sure the Trump wagon haters will find something wrong though. Maybe he had toilet paper stuck to his wingtips during visitation or Melania had the wrong jacket on? Oh, the list could go on forever...;)
:lamo

You're joking, right?

I'm sure the Trump wagon haters will find something wrong though. Maybe he had toilet paper stuck to his wingtips during visitation or Melania had the wrong jacket on? Oh, the list could go on forever...;)

trump is a joke..The Bush family can't stand this preening asshole...He won't stay long...Watch and see

trump is a joke..The Bush family can't stand this preening asshole...He won't stay long...Watch and see

They Onama's stupid ass, too. Again, classy.

Back
Top Bottom