• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will attend Bush memorial but won't speak at funeral, sources say

I heard that they're not going to allow Obama anywhere near the gravesite ceremony.

It is not about Trump, it is about this nation ripping ourselves apart.

Bush did not want to be a part of that I gather from the reporting.

Making it clear he wanted Trump there was decency.

We never saw that from McCain.

McCain was never POTUS, so a different kettle of fish. And considering Trump's repulsive behaviour, not having Trump attend his funeral was the decent thing to do.

I heard that they're not going to allow Obama anywhere near the gravesite ceremony.

Are you sure? I never heard or saw evidence that Bush was a racist like Trump.

Last edited:

"I heard that".... is no way to start a post on DP. It just reeks of "I don't know and I don't care, but I want to post this nonsense anyway because it feels good..."

Sorry, but your statement seems completely nonsensical as there was no known animosity between Bush and Obama. If you are going to say something controversial you better have some backup for the statement.

Either present a cite or don't bother. So, where is your cite for this assertion?

Next time you feel compelled to post something that begins with "I heard that"...kindly verify it from some source so you don't post such nonsense and look foolish doing so.

Last edited:

Just FYI, the interment will not be in D.C. after the National Cathedral service, which is what the former Presidents will attend. Former President Bush will be buried privately by his family and friends on the grounds of his Presidential Library in Texas.

Are you sure? I never heard or saw evidence that Bush was a racist like Trump.
I don't think either would choose a dog whistle for an alias.

"I heard that".... is no way to start a post on DP. It just reeks of "I don't know and I don't care, but I want to post this nonsense anyway because it feels good..."

Sorry, but your statement seems completely nonsensical as there was no known animosity between Bush and Obama. If you are going to say something controversial you better have some backup for the statement.

Either present a cite or don't bother. So, where is your cite for this assertion?

Next time you feel compelled to post something that begins with "I heard that"...kindly verify it from some source so you don't post such nonsense and look foolish doing so.
And yet, that's exactly what you did.

trump will not be welcome......The Bush family despises that asshole....

Just more what about what about Obama Bull****...These trump lovers seem to have Obama up the ass

LOL! Reserving the burial for family only is not a rebuke of anyone. That is just their personal wish for privacy in what is a very personal and somber moment. The Bush family considers the Obama family to be their close personal friends

And yet, that's exactly what you did.

I need a cite for that well. What are you talking about? I merely challenged you to back up your assertion that defied logic and conventional wisdom..... and you failed to do so.

...duly noted that you could not produce a cite for post #26, so we get to assume that it is not true.

Last edited:
LOL! Reserving the burial for family only is not a rebuke of anyone. That is just their personal wish for privacy in what is a very personal and somber moment. The Bush family considers the Obama family to be their close personal friends
Just reporting the facts CNN-style. Obama will be attending the funeral, but is not allowed to attend the gravesite service.

I need a cite for that well. What are you talking about? I merely challenged you to back up your assertion that defied logic and conventional wisdom..... and you failed to do so.

...duly noted that you could not produce a cite for post #26, so we get to assume that it is not true.
Basic facts do not "defy logic". Obama is not invited to the gravesite service. Sorry if you're not up on the news, that's your problem, not mine.

Can only imagine how that speech would go.

"George H.W. Bush was a great President, a tireless public servant...

Of course he raised taxes, I cut taxes, have a great economy because of it, greatest in history in fact.

I also, beat a Clinton, he lost against a Clinton of course...".

If you can believe it, it probably gets worse from there.

Just reporting the facts CNN-style. Obama will be attending the funeral, but is not allowed to attend the gravesite service.

trump won't even be allowed to speak.....No doubt he'll be asked to leave quickly

I'm sure he will still somehow do something stupid, disrespectful to make himself look like an ass

If they let him speak he would just talk about himself or go on some stupid tirade about the Special Counsel.. He's done this time and time again at public appearances.

Can only imagine how that speech would go.

"George H.W. Bush was a great President, a tireless public servant...

Of course he raised taxes, I cut taxes, have a great economy because of it, greatest in history in fact.

I also, beat a Clinton, he lost against a Clinton of course...".

If you can believe it, it probably gets worse from there.

Too coherent.

2.7/10

It's more. ..

We had the best election ev...people are telling me, the election - you know they don't mention the ..our election was great, right, but you don't hear about the toasters. No toast, it's horrible,....horrible... the ocean cur..... the water, right, and now they're telling me - people don't know this. They don't know nobody knows, but the toasters are in the water. They're in it. Water all around It's very bad. Bad.

Didja know, Hillary.... Hillary .....

Last edited:

"I heard that..." is much like "Some people say..."

Where have we heard that before? ;)

BS. You're just trolling.

It is not about Trump, it is about this nation ripping ourselves apart.

Bush did not want to be a part of that I gather from the reporting.

Making it clear he wanted Trump there was decency.

We never saw that from McCain.

The Bush family is pretty classy.

Back
Top Bottom