• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was trying to build a tower in Moscow while campaigning

I think I got the scope of that story quite clearly: Cohen lied and then turned around and added at a later stage: but I did it to protect Trump (whine, sob)
That was not the topic to which I replied. Which you would have known had you actually read what people wrote before you replied.

But, let's face it, that's not really your job, now is it?
What do you think he is?
An embarrassment to our country.

But...it isn't illegal. What part of that are you people missing?

It isn't illegal just because you're pissed off about who won the election. If y'all had any sense, you wouldn't want it to be. It's un-American.

Is lying to Congress illegal?

Did Trump's personal attorney lie to Congress?

Did he lie to protect Trump's lie?

Did Trump know that Cohen lied to Congress? Did Trump attempt to correct that lie?

And just because something is not illegal doesn't mean it's immoral.

It's not illegal for a politician to lie. A politician can find ways to use his office to make himself rich that are not illegal but that doesn't make it moral.

Being beholden to a foreign power compromises national security. It seems like you don't really care about your country and its security.

Trump said no one he was aware of had any contact with Russia during the campaign. He said "I have nothing to do with Russia." "No person that I deal with [had anything to do with Russia]"

We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.” - Eric Trump.

Is lying to Congress illegal?

Did Trump's personal attorney lie to Congress?

Did he lie to protect Trump's lie?

Did Trump know that Cohen lied to Congress? Did Trump attempt to correct that lie?

And just because something is not illegal doesn't mean it's immoral.

It's not illegal for a politician to lie. A politician can find ways to use his office to make himself rich that are not illegal but that doesn't make it moral.

Being beholden to a foreign power compromises national security. It seems like you don't really care about your country and its security.

Technically? Yeah, but hell, people do it all the time. Funny how it's a problem NOW...lol.

But, President Trump didn't lie to Congress.

You didn't care when Clinton took 400 million bucks from the Russians.

You didn't care when Clinton took 400 million bucks from the Russians.

That's because she didn't. The money went to a charity. Show me how that money went into her pocket?

Trump was trying to build a tower in Russia. That money would go straight into Trump's pockets.

You know Trump is a lying crook. Why do you keep defending him?

That's because she didn't. The money went to a charity. Show me how that money went into her pocket?

Trump was trying to build a tower in Russia. That money would go straight into Trump's pockets.

You know Trump is a lying crook. Why do you keep defending him?

Of course she did. Why are you lying for her?

Bill got a half million to give a speech in Moscow.

You can't dump this Cohen! Cohen was Trump's, right-hand man. He was only backing up Trump's lie. It's not like Cohen lied on his own. He lied to protect Trump's lies. You can't just throw Cohen under the bus and keep rolling. He was Trump's personal attorney lying to cover for Trump.

Don't know where you get those fantasies from like the right-hand man and Trump's personal attorney. Cohen was one of many attorneys working for Trump.

Except there's not a shred of evidence that she did, nor can you provide any.

Why to you support a Marxist USA?

That was not the topic to which I replied. Which you would have known had you actually read what people wrote before you replied.

But, let's face it, that's not really your job, now is it?
An embarrassment to our country.
You're1 of the ones who try to kill conversations instead of foster of them. You must be so proud

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Except there's not a shred of evidence that she did, nor can you provide any.

Why to you support a Marxist USA?

Keep lying for her:

They also obtained an eyewitness account - backed by documents - indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton's charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw2i-FsUOwvv_dVMVNRxfEoy&ust=1543619227542555

Are you saying that Hillary received $400 million dollars in her personal bank account? Are you saying that Hillary withdrew money from the Clinton foundation? She didn't even take a paycheck from the Clinton Foundation.

Moreover, Hillary hasn't been peddling pro-Russia policies. Putin hates her because she said his elections were rigged.

Your desperatate whataboutism doesn't change the fact that Trump lied.

Answer me this: Why did Trump and Cohen lie about how long they were working on the tower deal?

So, while campaigning and saying we should be friends with Russia, Trump was working on a deal to build a tower in Russia which would have required Putin's approval.

Cohen lied about how long they were working on this deal to Congress. He pleaded guilty to lying. He lied to cover for Trump. The same Trump who said he had NOTHING to do with Russia.

Let the Trump cult members spin this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/418881-trump-blasts-cohen-as-weak-person-for-guilty-plea

Trump should be impeached. He advocated pro-Russia policies while pursuing deals with Russia. He directed his lawyer, Cohen, to lie to Congress about his clear conflict of interest.

Moreover, his interest in deals in Russia perfectly explains his pro-Russia policies that even his own White House disagree with.

He should be impeached for directing Cohen to lie and for his conflict of interest regarding Russia.

Here's how the trumpsters will spin this;- 'BUT BUT BUT Hillary was also conducting private business during the campaign. It was all in her EMAILS".

Surely this is colluding with the Russians.

Are you saying that Hillary received $400 million dollars in her personal bank account? Are you saying that Hillary withdrew money from the Clinton foundation? She didn't even take a paycheck from the Clinton Foundation.

Moreover, Hillary hasn't been peddling pro-Russia policies. Putin hates her because she said his elections were rigged.

Answer me this: Why did Trump and Cohen lie about how long they were working on the tower deal?

Suuuuuure she didn't! :lamo

How 'bout this for pro-Russian policy?

They also obtained an eyewitness account - backed by documents - indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton's charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw2i-FsUOwvv_dVMVNRxfEoy&ust=1543619227542555

So, while campaigning and saying we should be friends with Russia, Trump was working on a deal to build a tower in Russia which would have required Putin's approval.

Cohen lied about how long they were working on this deal to Congress. He pleaded guilty to lying. He lied to cover for Trump. The same Trump who said he had NOTHING to do with Russia.

Let the Trump cult members spin this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/418881-trump-blasts-cohen-as-weak-person-for-guilty-plea

Trump should be impeached. He advocated pro-Russia policies while pursuing deals with Russia. He directed his lawyer, Cohen, to lie to Congress about his clear conflict of interest.

Moreover, his interest in deals in Russia perfectly explains his pro-Russia policies that even his own White House disagree with.

He should be impeached for directing Cohen to lie and for his conflict of interest regarding Russia.

Who says Trump "directed his lawyer, Cohen, to lie to Congress"? Did Cohen say that?

If you would actually pay attention to the topic BEFORE you reply, it would work out better for both of us. Thanks.

:lol:

Yeah okay. Keep trying to pretend all of these news items which keep showing Trump working with Russians and Russians helping Trump and EVERYONE lying about it repeatedly until confronted with irrefutable evidence are completely coincidental and unrelated. I bet it works out great for you.

God the dishonesty of Trump supporters is nearly overwhelming.

So all these people you claim were lying about Russia were doing so for what reason? And I wonder to what degree a guy like Cohen would be involved in such a project anyway and why we should believe a word he says at this point.

You want to impeach a real estate developer for looking into building something?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any normal real estate developer, no. But, have you ever heard the term 'kompromat'? Putin is one sly fox, he's not about to let anyone, even Trump, build a Trump hotel in Moscow unless he gets something out of it. To have a U.S. president compromised by an adversary to the U.S. is close to be as treasonous as it can get depending on what he promised to Putin in exchange for his hotel.

So all these people you claim were lying about Russia were doing so for what reason? And I wonder to what degree a guy like Cohen would be involved in such a project anyway and why we should believe a word he says at this point.

We don't have to either believe or disbelieve Michael Cohen. The only ones that matters to is Congress and the Federal government. Michael Cohen's statements today are backed up by email transmissions. They clearly verify that what he said today about arranging a trip to Moscow for himself and possibly one for Trump in order to meet with Russians and hopefully Putin himself is all well documented in emails subpoenaed by the FBI.

Who says Trump "directed his lawyer, Cohen, to lie to Congress"? Did Cohen say that?

Are you saying that Cohen went rogue and lied to Congress by telling Congress exactly what Trump was saying? Cohen was employed by Trump. Cohen only told Congress what Trump was saying. Cohen lied for Trump while working for Trump.

It's only a legal technicality that Trump didn't do the lying to Congress himself.

Are you saying that Trump wanted Cohen to tell Congress that he was lying to the American people?

What is Trumps specific lie here. And I agree with you that Putin likely hated Hillary, but most people do. He did seem to like her enough, however, to provide her with a 'dossier' on her political opponent.

Where is the obstruction?

He told Lester Holt that he, on his own volition, fired James Comey to stop the Russian investigation. Then lied on Air Force One that the "Russia Meeting" at trump tower that the meeting was about Russian Adoptions, when he definitely knew that the meeting was about HRC email. For instance. :)

Are you saying that Cohen went rogue and lied to Congress by telling Congress exactly what Trump was saying? Cohen was employed by Trump. Cohen only told Congress what Trump was saying. Cohen lied for Trump while working for Trump.

It's only a legal technicality that Trump didn't do the lying to Congress himself.

Are you saying that Trump wanted Cohen to tell Congress that he was lying to the American people?

I'm not saying any of that. Read my post. I asked questions.

Do you have any answers?

Here...I'll repeat them: Who says Trump "directed his lawyer, Cohen, to lie to Congress"? Did Cohen say that?

Back
Top Bottom