• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was trying to build a tower in Moscow while campaigning

No... but you should impeach when that real estate developer is looking into building something in a different country... after that real estate developer got elected as President of the United States.

Impeach a president for doing something legal?

Yeah, that makes sense.

screw nothingburgers. the way Mueller keeps catching fish, he's going to have to open a Red Lobster! lol.

Trump is a lying scumbag. today was some great listening, though. i even listened to the MSNBC stream so that i could hear their day long orgasm. i'll bet Fox was a real hoot, too.

Impeach a president for doing something legal?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Impeach the president for corruption.

His pro-Russia policies were for self-enrichment. He didn't care about what was best for America or its allies. He needed to stay on Putin's good side to cash in.

And we see that after he became president he has done everything to stay on Putin's good side even if he had to go against his own intelligence services and White House.

He should be impeached for this. We need to rules requiring full disclosure to prevent this from ever happening again.

It's not a conflict of interest until he's taken office.
:lol:

Yeah okay. Keep trying to pretend all of these news items which keep showing Trump working with Russians and Russians helping Trump and EVERYONE lying about it repeatedly until confronted with irrefutable evidence are completely coincidental and unrelated. I bet it works out great for you.

It seems you're starting to accept that he lied. Here's more for you.

I dont rule it out. I think it's likely lied about many things. My opinion of him remains unchanged

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh, then you clearly haven't kept up with the news today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/nyregion/michael-cohen-trump-russia-mueller.html

That's okay, with the rampant corruption in this administration, it is hard to keep up. Luckily for you, I'm here today to help. :)

So, in other words, Cohen lied about the "deal" having been cancelled in January, 2016, while Trump told the truth in Mueller's questionnaire saying the "deal" was dead in June, 2016.

By the way, the Trump organization was never going to build anything in Moscow - the letter of intent Trump signed in 2015 was for "licensed his name and expertise to give real estate projects an air of luxury".

Impeach the president for corruption.

His pro-Russia policies were for self-enrichment. He didn't care about what was best for America or its allies. He needed to stay on Putin's good side to cash in.

And we see that after he became president he has done everything to stay on Putin's good side even if he had to go against his own intelligence services and White House.

He should be impeached for this. We need to rules requiring full disclosure to prevent this from ever happening again.

Conducting legal business activity doesn't qualify as "corruption".

Yeah okay. Keep trying to pretend all of these news items which keep showing Trump working with Russians and Russians helping Trump and EVERYONE lying about it repeatedly until confronted with irrefutable evidence are completely coincidental and unrelated. I bet it works out great for you.

There is no allegation in the indictment that any American was a knowing participant in the alleged unlawful activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election..... Rob Rosenstein

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/gran...-and-three-russian-companies-scheme-interfere

Last edited:
Conducting legal business activity doesn't qualify as "corruption".

It's not illegal for me to do business with tobacco companies. But if I run for office promoting pro-tobacco policies while disguising my relationship with tobacco companies that's the swamp. That's exactly the kind of corruption that Trump ran against.

Cohen was being loyal to Trump. Trump lied. His personal attorney could not contradict Trump before Congress.

Do you seriously expect Cohen to have said before Congress, "The President lied"?

Trump is complicit in Cohen's lie. If your lawyer is lying for you, you're just as guilty. If Cohen was lying without Trump's knowledge, then you could say it was Cohen fault. But if Cohen is just backing up what Trump is saying, that's a conspiracy to lie to Congress.
I got problems with Cohen. The guy isn't credible.

To answer your question, I expect Cohen or anyone be honest once under oath. Loyalty should never be to a person above loyalty to the integrity of the system.

There is no allegation in the indictment that any American was a knowing participant in the alleged unlawful activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election..... Rob Rosenstein

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/gran...-and-three-russian-companies-scheme-interfere

This is not about collusion. This about Trump needing Putin's approval to do business in Russia while lying and saying he had no business in Russia.

Our president is compromised. After he's out of office he'll still want to do business in Russia.

They lied to the American people about this and they lied to Congress. But you want to pretend there was nothing worth lying about.

So, in other words, Cohen lied about the "deal" having been cancelled in January, 2016, while Trump told the truth in Mueller's questionnaire saying the "deal" was dead in June, 2016.
If you would actually pay attention to the topic BEFORE you reply, it would work out better for both of us. Thanks.

God the dishonesty of Trump supporters is nearly overwhelming.

So, while campaigning and saying we should be friends with Russia, Trump was working on a deal to build a tower in Russia which would have required Putin's approval.

Cohen lied about how long they were working on this deal to Congress. He pleaded guilty to lying. He lied to cover for Trump. The same Trump who said he had NOTHING to do with Russia.

Let the Trump cult members spin this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/418881-trump-blasts-cohen-as-weak-person-for-guilty-plea

Trump should be impeached. He advocated pro-Russia policies while pursuing deals with Russia. He directed his lawyer, Cohen, to lie to Congress about his clear conflict of interest.

Moreover, his interest in deals in Russia perfectly explains his pro-Russia policies that even his own White House disagree with.

He should be impeached for directing Cohen to lie and for his conflict of interest regarding Russia.
I don't recall Trump saying he never did business in Russia, just that there was no collusion concerning the election.

You want to impeach a real estate developer for looking into building something?

LOL Is that what you think Trump is? A failed real estate developer?

I want to impeach a president who was promoting pro-Russia policies while trying to do business with Russia and lying to hide this from the public.

Isn't this what corruption is all about? If a politician is pushing policies for personal financial gain, isn't that corruption?

If that's not corruption, what is corruption?

Trump campaigned on draining the swamp. What is the swamp other than politicians pretending to serve the public while secretly advancing policies to enrich themselves? Trump is the biggest swamp rat we have ever seen.
Let's be honest with ourselves - you want to impeach Trump BECAUSE he's Trump and he's disproving every left wing belief you've ever held. Period. He ruined Queen Hillary's coronations as is going about tearing ever brick from the monument you guys built to you Dear Leader. Period.

I don't recall Trump saying he never did business in Russia, just that there was no collusion concerning the election.

Let me refresh your memory fo all the lies (remember the Trump tower meeting too)...

The funniest party is Manfort being a terrible liar when asked if Trump has financial relationships with Russians.

He said while campaigning, "I have NOTHING to do with Russia, folks"

th2H81ORKW.jpg

If you would actually pay attention to the topic BEFORE you reply, it would work out better for both of us. Thanks.

God the dishonesty of Trump supporters is nearly overwhelming.

I think I got the scope of that story quite clearly: Cohen lied and then turned around and added at a later stage: but I did it to protect Trump (whine, sob)

Let's be honest with ourselves - you want to impeach Trump BECAUSE he's Trump and he's disproving every left wing belief you've ever held. Period. He ruined Queen Hillary's coronations as is going about tearing ever brick from the monument you guys built to you Dear Leader. Period.

You're confronted by the FACT that Trump is a corrupt liar so you decide to question my motives. My motives don't change the fact that Trump is a corrupt liar who needed and still needs Putin's approval for his plans.

Trump is not acting for the good of America. Trump is acting for the good of Trump Inc. And he lied about it. How can you continue to defend this?

Be honest. You don't care if he's corrupt because you approve of his agenda.

Let me refresh your memory fo all the lies (remember the Trump tower meeting too)...

The funniest party is Manfort being a terrible liar when asked if Trump has financial relationships with Russians.

He said while campaigning, "I have NOTHING to do with Russia, folks"

th2H81ORKW.jpg

So what is the address of this mysterious business?

It's not illegal for me to do business with tobacco companies. But if I run for office promoting pro-tobacco policies while disguising my relationship with tobacco companies that's the swamp. That's exactly the kind of corruption that Trump ran against.

But...it isn't illegal. What part of that are you people missing?

It isn't illegal just because you're pissed off about who won the election. If y'all had any sense, you wouldn't want it to be. It's un-American.

I think I got the scope of that story quite clearly: Cohen lied and then turned around and added at a later stage: but I did it to protect Trump (whine, sob)

You can't dump this Cohen! Cohen was Trump's, right-hand man. He was only backing up Trump's lie. It's not like Cohen lied on his own. He lied to protect Trump's lies. You can't just throw Cohen under the bus and keep rolling. He was Trump's personal attorney lying to cover for Trump.

Back
Top Bottom