• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was Michigan Man of the Year award winner

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It has to be true, right? Someone would have to be a pathological liar to make something like that up, right?

Well, watch this video. At the end, you get a clip of Trump speaking in Australia in 2011. He admits that he makes up awards and gives them to himself and claims it's not really lying.

"I give myself awards all the time. Then I announce I just received an award. And there's nothing deceptive about it because I actually did...but I gave it to myself."

Also, notice how often he's made stuff like this up.

Do you need any more proof that this man is a con man?

Hayes asks, "Does Donald Trump believe it's true or does he think we're all stupid?"

I think Trump makes this stuff up because he believes we're all stupid.

"I give myself awards all the time. Then I announce I just received an award. And there's nothing deceptive about it because I actually did...but I gave it to myself."

lmao :lamo

Fact = Trump is a pathological liar and the right don't care.

Uttered by: Swamp In Chief

Yes, we descended from the trees. Yes, we created civilizations. Yes, we launched ourselves off our planet to land on a cold airless rock just because it was there. But there are still a whole lot of people who can listen to that and actually like it.

The older I get, the more I suspect H.G.Wells' fictional prediction will prove true, be it (one/tens/hundreds) thousand years later.

This was a great clip everyone should see with examples of trump's narcissism. Yesterday, he 'joked' that he wanted to give himself the Medal of Honor, talking to veterans, while he's repeated he plans to stay in office longer than the maximum possible eight years (which he won't get) twice. We should largely start ignoring him. As Rachel Maddow says, look at what he does, not what he says.

This was a great clip everyone should see with examples of trump's narcissism. Yesterday, he 'joked' that he wanted to give himself the Medal of Honor, talking to veterans, while he's repeated he plans to stay in office longer than the maximum possible eight years (which he won't get) twice. We should largely start ignoring him. As Rachel Maddow says, look at what he does, not what he says.

The world needs to look at both, and it will. This is our future credibility (among other things) hanging in the balance.

I believe Pres. Trump also won the Michelin Man of the Year Award once.

michelin-man.jpg

They said it was because so many people were tired of him.

:mrgreen:

It has to be true, right? Someone would have to be a pathological liar to make something like that up, right?

Well, watch this video. At the end, you get a clip of Trump speaking in Australia in 2011. He admits that he makes up awards and gives them to himself and claims it's not really lying.

Hayes asks, "Does Donald Trump believe it's true or does he think we're all stupid?"

No, it is his constant need to be praised. He is so insecure. It really is an illness. It appears he got no praise and love from his parents. He should be pitied and has no place being president of the United States.

The world needs to look at both, and it will. This is our future credibility (among other things) hanging in the balance.

His approach to power, as a corrupt and incompetent figure, is largely to just 'troll' and get attention, preventing the attention to the issues. We should not let him get away with that. We should pay attention enough for people to recognize is is incompetent, corrupt, a narcissist and pathological liar, but once that's done, it's better to not give him a lot of attention to his trying to get attention.

His approach to power, as a corrupt and incompetent figure, is largely to just 'troll' and get attention, preventing the attention to the issues. We should not let him get away with that. We should pay attention enough for people to recognize is is incompetent, corrupt, a narcissist and pathological liar, but once that's done, it's better to not give him a lot of attention to his trying to get attention.

This does not encompass other nations' calculations. It's the other way around: they can now be certain that the American people cannot be trusted to not elect someone like this again.

In a generation or two, things might change on that front. Our main hope is that remaining economic/military power will keep others generally in line. But those allied out of fear are far less trustworthy than those allied out of trust and respect.

This does not encompass other nations' calculations. It's the other way around: they can now be certain that the American people cannot be trusted to not elect someone like this again.

I wasn't talking about other nations' calculations, but they're right that the American people can't be trusted not to elect someone like trump. The US has lost even its own ability to have a good democracy, much less to be the world's leader for good democracy. You and I, and most Americans, I think, are wanting to improve that.

In a generation or two, things might change on that front. Our main hope is that remaining economic/military power will keep others generally in line. But those allied out of fear are far less trustworthy than those allied out of trust and respect.

Quite right, and that's a big part of what 'absolute power wanting to corrupt absolutely' means - as the US has gotten enormously militarily powerful, there's a huge temptation not to respect others' free choice but to try to force their 'loyalty'. Who care if it's consensual and based on justice, as long as we get their money - basically the plutocrats' view of the American people.

No, it is his constant need to be praised. He is so insecure. It really is an illness. It appears he got no praise and love from his parents. He should be pitied and has no place being president of the United States.

Notice how Trump supporters don't post on threads where Trump is exposed as a pathological liar. They ignore this stuff and call us Trump haters.

No rational person can support this pathological liar.

Notice how Trump supporters don't post on threads where Trump is exposed as a pathological liar. They ignore this stuff and call us Trump haters.

No rational person can support this pathological liar.

I was just about to ask where Trump's loyal cadre of defenders is. Fletch should be here telling us that we're all behaving like children. Trix should be calling us liars. Mycroft should be telling us it's all a plot and we're dismissed. Assorted trumplings should be telling us what haters we are. Did I miss anything? Oh! I almost forgot:

BUT HILLLARYYYY!!!!!

He also declared himself the "chosen one"! You can't make that stuff up :)

Back
Top Bottom