• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was involved in a criminal conspiracy....

Subieguy

Todays GOP: wrong on EVERYTHING!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
the Jan. 6th committee says. Well of course. Your only now figuring this out?????
All I can say is LOCK. HIM. UP.

Make it so and make it stick!

Trying to defraud the United States:

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol argued in a new court filing that former President Donald Trump and members of his campaign were part of a conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election results.

“The Select Committee ... has a good-faith basis for concluding that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States,” the panel wrote in a legal brief filed Wednesday.

The brief argues for a court review of the disputed materials, and it says there is evidence to support a belief that a review “may reveal that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in common law fraud in connection with their efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.”

“The facts we’ve gathered strongly suggest that Dr. Eastman’s emails may show that he helped Donald Trump advance a corrupt scheme to obstruct the counting of electoral college ballots and a conspiracy to impede the transfer of power," the committee’s chair and vice chair, Reps. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., and Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said in a statement Wednesday.

The legal brief signifies the most direct line the committee has tried to draw between Trump, his allies and potential criminal activity surrounding the 2020 election.

From what I’m hearing, The filing is set up in the format of an internal DOJ memo: With detailed evidence of why this attempt to overturn the election was more than just a legitimate but aggressive legal attempt to defend the president, and crossed the line to illegal behavior.

The judge is apparently reviewing the material. We shall see how this evolves.

the Jan. 6th committee says. Well of course. Your only now figuring this out?????

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol argued in a new court filing that former President Donald Trump and members of his campaign were part of a conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election results.

“The Select Committee ... has a good-faith basis for concluding that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States,” the panel wrote in a legal brief filed Wednesday.

The brief argues for a court review of the disputed materials, and it says there is evidence to support a belief that a review “may reveal that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in common law fraud in connection with their efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.”

“The facts we’ve gathered strongly suggest that Dr. Eastman’s emails may show that he helped Donald Trump advance a corrupt scheme to obstruct the counting of electoral college ballots and a conspiracy to impede the transfer of power," the committee’s chair and vice chair, Reps. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., and Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said in a statement Wednesday.

The legal brief signifies the most direct line the committee has tried to draw between Trump, his allies and potential criminal activity surrounding the 2020 election.

great...then have the AG bring charges, and when this case fizzles out, which it will and the GOP then goes after everyone on the left, you will know why

if there is EVIDENCE, arrest him.....

the rest is smoke and mirrors.....

From what I’m hearing, The filing is set up in the format of an internal DOJ memo: With detailed evidence of why this attempt to overturn the election was more than just a legitimate but aggressive legal attempt to defend the president, and crossed the line to illegal behavior.

The judge is apparently reviewing the material. We shall see how this evolves.
the question then becomes, is it a Trump Judge?

the question then becomes, is it a Trump Judge?

I’m not sure about that. There have been many cases now of Trump judges ruling against him, including his SCOTUS picks.

Last edited:
great...then have the AG bring charges, and when this case fizzles out, which it will and the GOP then goes after everyone on the left, you will know why

Pursuing Trump has followed the pattern of the Investigation of a mob boss: starting with the lower level guys and working their way up to the Godfather himself. So far, it has been extraordinarily successful. No president in American history has had so many of his people jailed, arrested, or indicted. And it’s still working it’s way up the chain.

The law may be slow, but it’s not stupid.

I’m not sure about that. There have been many cases now of Trump judges deciding against him, including his SCOTUS picks.
I agree. I am not sure that matters anymore. The courts, the judges and everyone in LE has had it up to their ears with Trump's BS. Trump has wasted more of the courts' time than any other man in history.

Pursuing Trump has followed the pattern of the Investigation of a mob boss: starting with the lower level guys and working their way up to the Godfather himself. So far, it has been extraordinarily successful. No president in American history has had so many of his people jailed, arrested, or indicted. And it’s working it’s way up the chain.

The sad part it, his cult followers think it makes him tough. They love him for it. They are truly ignorant.

Like all the Hunter Biden & Killary Clinton bullshit?

The sad part it, his cult followers think it makes him tough. They love him for it. They are truly ignorant.

There has always been in American society a tendency to cheer, idolize, and glorify criminals: from Bonnie and Clyde, to John Gotti, to OJ Simpson. There’s a feeling that they are “sticking it to the man.” It makes people who feel society has left them behind that someone is finally sticking up for them.

John Gotti was the original “Teflon Don”- he evaded the law for many years, always coming out of court cases with a big smirk on his face and making prosecutors look silly. Every time he would get out on some technicality, the crowds would be outside the court cheering him on- until he didn’t.

The pattern is eerily reminiscent of what is happening with Trump now.

Last edited:

Their contention and five or six bucks will get them a Starbucks coffee...not much else.

If they think they have to goods on Trump, they should submit it to the DOJ. Otherwise, this "news" is nothing more than a political narrative.

(Don't you think it's great that the House will spend so much time and taxpayer money...just to create a political narrative? Will you be happy when the Republicans do it next year?)

Their contention and five or six bucks will get them a Starbucks coffee...not much else.

If they think they have to goods on Trump, they should submit it to the DOJ. Otherwise, this "news" is nothing more than a political narrative.

(Don't you think it's great that the House will spend so much time and taxpayer money...just to create a political narrative? Will you be happy when the Republicans do it next year?)
As happy as all the money the repugs wasted trying to create a political narrative around Benghazi.

My feeling is the DOJ is holding out until the committee is done and is in communication with said committee. My hope is as the committee releases its final report, it will contain multiple referrals to the DOJ for criminal prosecution. Trump and Eastman may very well be part of those.

Just this week we saw the first rioter plead guilty to seditious conspiracy charges with the agreement to cooperate. You all said that would never happen. We're still in a waiting game, but the screws are getting tighter on Trump and his merry band of criminal conspiracists.

To your last question, the GQP will need a reason to investigate democrats. So far, I don't see one. Durham has been doing it for over two years and basically got NADA.

It's pretty obvious what TrumpCo was attempting to do and probably would have save a couple key players that didn't fall in line, like Pence.

As happy as all the money the repugs wasted trying to create a political narrative around Benghazi.
So...you DO like this waste of taxpayer money. Okay. Don't be complaining next year.

So...you DO like this waste of taxpayer money. Okay. Don't be complaining next year.
So... you DO agree that all those repug hearings about Benghazi were wasting money. Okay. Progress!

Now we get to watch the extremist cult who supported the insurrection come to his defense. Just read.

My feeling is the DOJ is holding out until the committee is done and is in communication with said committee.
Nothing important has been referred to the DOJ as far as I know. So no...the DOJ is not "holding out".

My hope is as the committee releases its final report, it will contain multiple referrals to the DOJ for criminal prosecution. Trump and Eastman may very well be part of those.
They are running out of time if that's their intent. I don't think it is. I think they are just concerned with the narrative.

Just this week we saw the first rioter plead guilty to seditious conspiracy charges with the agreement to cooperate. You all said that would never happen. We're still in a waiting game, but the screws are getting tighter on Trump and his merry band of criminal conspiracists.
First of all, I've never said that anyone would not plead guilty to anything.

Second of all, that pleading does not involve Trump.

But keep your hopes alive, eh?

To your last question, the GQP will need a reason to investigate democrats. So far, I don't see one. Durham has been doing it for over two years and basically got NADA.
I've seen at least three reasons given.

Jim Jordan Reveals Three Major Investigations That Republicans Will Start After Their 2022 Victory​
“There are three critically important [investigations] …
All the lies from the misinformation, and disinformation from Fauci and the CDC. That’s because they knew from the get-go this thing [COVID-19] came from a lab, likely came from a lab, gain of function likely done, and our tax dollars being used.
Second is the border. This thing is intentional, this thing is deliberate. There is no other logical conclusion you can reach. So, we have to investigate the border situation. Two million illegal [migrants] crossing our border in one year is just wrong.
Third, the weaponization of the DOJ and parts of Government to go specifically against parents. But those three, there’s others, but those are the top three. And all three have connections to the Judiciary Committee”
I look forward to you supporting more waste of time and taxpayer money.

Criminal Conspiracy?

Surprise Suprise!!!!

Hell we have known that since before his first impeachment

So... you DO agree that all those repug hearings about Benghazi were wasting money. Okay. Progress!
I've never supported Republican waste of money.

If you want to identify the people who love the crook from Manhattan the most keep an eye on who gets the most emotional in this thread.

Oh yeah

The righties investigate the investigators.

Punitive punishment with no expected results

Back
Top Bottom