• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight with GHW Bush — but proud of himself for behaving

Felex Sanders

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Donald Trump was reportedly annoyed this week that he had to share the spotlight with funeral services for George H.W. Bush, but was proud of public behavior.

The president attended the state ceremony Wednesday in Washington, D.C., where he received a chilly reception from his predecessors but heard no open rebukes from the Bush family or other speakers at the services, reported the New York Times.

Administration officials revealed to the newspaper that Trump was “snappish with aides most of the week,” at least partly because he resented so many ceremonial events focused on the former president and not himself.

Trump sat through much of the funeral services with his arms folded and did not recite the Apostles’ Creed along with the former presidents and others in attendance or sing hymns.

The newspaper reported that Trump was “impatient for the memorials to end but expressed pride in himself for remaining publicly civil.”

Sources close to the president said he had changed course since he was widely criticized for his public behavior the week of Sen. John McCain’s services, where several speakers took aim at him — and to which he was not invited.
Raw Story https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/trump-fuming-sharing-spotlight-ghw-bush-proud-behaving-funeral/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight with GHW Bush

It always has to be about him. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...... . the never changing mantra of the mentally ill narcissist.

Donald Trump was reportedly annoyed this week that he had to share the spotlight with funeral services for George H.W. Bush, but was proud of public behavior.

The president attended the state ceremony Wednesday in Washington, D.C., where he received a chilly reception from his predecessors but heard no open rebukes from the Bush family or other speakers at the services, reported the New York Times.

Administration officials revealed to the newspaper that Trump was “snappish with aides most of the week,” at least partly because he resented so many ceremonial events focused on the former president and not himself.

Trump sat through much of the funeral services with his arms folded and did not recite the Apostles’ Creed along with the former presidents and others in attendance or sing hymns.

The newspaper reported that Trump was “impatient for the memorials to end but expressed pride in himself for remaining publicly civil.”

Sources close to the president said he had changed course since he was widely criticized for his public behavior the week of Sen. John McCain’s services, where several speakers took aim at him — and to which he was not invited.
Raw Story
What a bunch of petty BULL ****!

Btw, Raw story is not MSM...Nor is this second rate gossip breaking news

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which "administration officials" would those be? Lol.

It always has to be about him. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...... . the never changing mantra of the mentally ill narcissist.
By all means, keep talking about him...

You guys are always pulling Obama into these threads. Just stop.

By all means, keep talking about him...

It ups my monthly check for posting ... plus I get the I HATE TRUMP double bonus since its Thursday in a month not starting with a vowel. :roll:;)

Raw Story

tRump's body language all but confirmed this. He looked like a freakin' toddler that needed to be let out of his high chair.

President Obama threatened to beat up a cameraman who didn't put him in the center of his shot.

Donald Trump was reportedly...

LOL! All they have to say is "reportedly", and then follow that with anything they want. That's an old leftist trick. Who is the source on this again?

tRump's body language all but confirmed this. He looked like a freakin' toddler that needed to be let out of his high chair.

and who who badly needed to be changed.

Op needs to become familiar with the rules for BNMSM, just sayin’......

LOL ... I see the Trumpsters deflecting ... but does anyone actually think this story is untrue?

You know it is true. You know Trump is annoyed that yet another Republican is receiving acclaim from the world in a manner that he will never get.

And you know he's proud of himself for meeting the bare minimum standard of decent human behavior.

Other administration officials stated that Carter & Clinton were both wearing adult diapers, Obama was bumming cigarettes from the Secret Service, and Trump had a fleshlight in his coat.

Does anyone actually think that is untrue?

trump at least kept his big mouth shut....Bill Clinton should have walked over and kicked trump in the balls...It would be justifiable

trump at least kept his big mouth shut....Bill Clinton should have walked over and kicked trump in the balls...It would be justifiable

He have to have some balls in order to be kicked in them.

Raw Story

So much for our Christian Evangelical beloved President I guess.

Raw Story

More unnamed sources. (rumormongering)

Moving on...

More unnamed sources. (rumormongering)

Moving on...

Hardly...The video speaks for itself...trump shunned, isolated and ignored....He isn't a real President anyway

LOL ... I see the Trumpsters deflecting ... but does anyone actually think this story is untrue?

You know it is true. You know Trump is annoyed that yet another Republican is receiving acclaim from the world in a manner that he will never get.

And you know he's proud of himself for meeting the bare minimum standard of decent human behavior.

Who's standards?

Which unnamed "administrative officials?"

When Bush lost to Clinton, the same and similar things had been said about Bush. So easy to forget how the former head of the CIA had been bad mouthed.

Of course he was. He's a narcissist. Trump can't focus on, understand or think about anything other than Trump.

No doubt he was told to keep his mouth shut, sit there and be quiet.The Bush family despises this asshole, no doubt all attending the service felt the same...He had no business being there

I don't know what the trumps were "fuming about" but from the moment the cameras started covering their entrance to their exit they both appeared to be very angry about something. That was BEFORE they were seated, now of course once that were seated I could understand their chagrin because they couldn't have entered Antarctica and received a chiller reception. I don't blame the Formers and their wives the way djt has talked about them I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire if I were them. I thought Dubya was very gracious even allowing the trumps to come to his fathers funeral.

Back
Top Bottom