• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight with GHW Bush — but proud of himself for behaving

Re: Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight with GHW Bush

Hardly...The video speaks for itself...trump shunned, isolated and ignored....He isn't a real President anyway

What video?

No doubt he was told to keep his mouth shut, sit there and be quiet.The Bush family despises this asshole, no doubt all attending the service felt the same...He had no business being there

Yes, he did. He is the President of the United States. Period. All the living Presidents were in attendance, and this is how it should be. Further, the Bush family was insistent that nothing similar to what went on at McCain's funeral was going to happen yesterday or today. We could all learn a little bit about class from this, beginning with you.

Originally Posted by Saladin4
Hardly...The video speaks for itself...trump shunned, isolated and ignored....He isn't a real President anyway

What video?

Try this one.

Yes, he did. He is the President of the United States. Period. All the living Presidents were in attendance, and this is how it should be. Further, the Bush family was insistent that nothing similar to what went on at McCain's funeral was going to happen yesterday or today. We could all learn a little bit about class from this, beginning with you.

He was allowed to go ONLY because of the office he holds not because of any deference to trump himself. If his presence depended on his own merits he wouldn't have been allowed to stand in the alley.

I know the USMC O-3 was happy to be relegated to butler status.........

He was allowed to go ONLY because of the office he holds not because of any deference to trump himself. If his presence depended on his own merits he wouldn't have been allowed to stand in the alley.

I will have to disagree. I believe that former President Bush respected protocol.

trump at least kept his big mouth shut....Bill Clinton should have walked over and kicked trump in the balls...It would be justifiable

So you condone violence?

tRump's body language all but confirmed this. He looked like a freakin' toddler that needed to be let out of his high chair.

Speculation.

Just because he was sitting like that doesn't mean he was "fuming" or whatever other crapola some unnamed source has to say.

Greetings, nota bene. :2wave:

Well said! It is never out of line to expect class and dignity at a funeral such as this one, and I wasn't disappointed, but pleased to see that all the living Presidents were there to say goodbye to one they all respected! :thumbs: I don't believe that Trump was fuming about sharing the spotlight either, since GHW Bush was POTUS 30 years ago! Sheesh!

President Obama threatened to beat up a cameraman who didn't put him in the center of his shot.

Trump farted during the Bush funeral just to get any type of attention. He also sat with his usual 'V' (for vagina I guess) hands together. Isn't that at least a mortal sin when done in a religious cathedral?

Other administration officials stated that Carter & Clinton were both wearing adult diapers, Obama was bumming cigarettes from the Secret Service, and Trump had a fleshlight in his coat.

Does anyone actually think that is untrue?

Freudian slip?

Donald Trump was reportedly annoyed this week that he had to share the spotlight with funeral services for George H.W. Bush, but was proud of public behavior.

The president attended the state ceremony Wednesday in Washington, D.C., where he received a chilly reception from his predecessors but heard no open rebukes from the Bush family or other speakers at the services, reported the New York Times.

Administration officials revealed to the newspaper that Trump was “snappish with aides most of the week,” at least partly because he resented so many ceremonial events focused on the former president and not himself.

Trump sat through much of the funeral services with his arms folded and did not recite the Apostles’ Creed along with the former presidents and others in attendance or sing hymns.

The newspaper reported that Trump was “impatient for the memorials to end but expressed pride in himself for remaining publicly civil.”

Sources close to the president said he had changed course since he was widely criticized for his public behavior the week of Sen. John McCain’s services, where several speakers took aim at him — and to which he was not invited.
Raw Story https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/trump-fuming-sharing-spotlight-ghw-bush-proud-behaving-funeral/

And in related news, my unnamed niece reported that she did not cry when getting a flu shot.

“It was just a little pinch, and then it was over“, she said

Try this one.

You do see the Obamas greeting the President, don't you? I guess my eye's didn't deceive me yesterday when I watched the service live.

But I have a question for you (and others): Is there nothing you can't twist, nothing you won't exploit to slam Trump? Even the President's funeral?! You couldn't give it a rest just out of respect for 41, who wanted Trump to be there? (Listen to your own little clip above.) :3oops:

tRump's body language all but confirmed this. He looked like a freakin' toddler that needed to be let out of his high chair.

His body language was a cross between obnoxious and sad. His arms were folded across his chest like a little kid. He looked like he was bored, annoyed, and just plain pissed off.

Highly unprofessional. Not at all Presidential.

Other administration officials stated that Carter & Clinton were both wearing adult diapers, Obama was bumming cigarettes from the Secret Service, and Trump had a fleshlight in his coat.

Link, please?

Trump should of pulled out a cell phone and started to take a few selfies. Like Obama has been known to do at memorial services.

I watched the funeral. First off I noticed President Trump kept his suit jacket buttoned a rare thing but it was nice to see and respectful.
I saw the president and the first lady laugh with everyone else during the times of humor.
I saw the president applaud GWB after he eulogized his father and was moved while Melania wiped her tears.
I saw the president and the first lady go to welcome GWB and his family to the Blair House where I witnessed GWB and Trump in a jovial conversation.
I saw Melania Trump welcome Laura Bush to the White House and shared the Christmas decorations and had on hand the WH staff that cared for Laura and her family for 8 years. She also during the funeral of Barbara Bush had staff Barbara befriended and stayed in touch with all these year accompany her to the funeral.

I saw the Trumps enter the rotunda where the body of 41 lie in state stand bow their heads in prayer then with Melania's hand on her heart Trump saluted 41.

Trump ordered Wednesday a day of mourning shutting things down including Wall Street. And has issued a very heartfelt statement.

The Bush family has gave nothing but praise to president Trump for the generosity and kind words shown their family.

I guess because the Trump haters around here didn't get a repeat of McCain's funeral they show us all how low petty they can really go.

Donald Trump was reportedly annoyed this week that he had to share the spotlight with funeral services for George H.W. Bush, but was proud of public behavior.

The president attended the state ceremony Wednesday in Washington, D.C., where he received a chilly reception from his predecessors but heard no open rebukes from the Bush family or other speakers at the services, reported the New York Times.

Administration officials revealed to the newspaper that Trump was “snappish with aides most of the week,” at least partly because he resented so many ceremonial events focused on the former president and not himself.

Trump sat through much of the funeral services with his arms folded and did not recite the Apostles’ Creed along with the former presidents and others in attendance or sing hymns.

The newspaper reported that Trump was “impatient for the memorials to end but expressed pride in himself for remaining publicly civil.”

Sources close to the president said he had changed course since he was widely criticized for his public behavior the week of Sen. John McCain’s services, where several speakers took aim at him — and to which he was not invited.
Raw Story https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/trump-fuming-sharing-spotlight-ghw-bush-proud-behaving-funeral/

Ah, the old "creed protest". That'll show them every time! Did he go back to the White House, pull up a chair real close to the tv, and watch The Gorilla Channel for hours and hours?

Obama wasn't bumming cigarettes. Administration officials said on the grounds of remaining anonymous, that Obama totally absorbed an enormous fatty before the ceremony and remained mellowed out-almost deeply meditating-throughout.

His body language was a cross between obnoxious and sad. His arms were folded across his chest like a little kid. He looked like he was bored, annoyed, and just plain pissed off.

Highly unprofessional. Not at all Presidential.

Being that you are a body language expert what do you make of Obama sitting there most of the time with his head tilted back, chin high and looking down his nose at everything. Then what about Bill Clinton, he sat there with his mouth hanging open the majority of the time, I was hoping Hillary would reach over and push it shut.

Being that you are a body language expert what do you make of Obama sitting there most of the time with his head tilted back, chin high and looking down his nose at everything. Then what about Bill Clinton, he sat there with his mouth hanging open the majority of the time, I was hoping Hillary would reach over and push it shut.

I didn't know I was a body language expert, but thank you for taking my post so seriously about Trump's gross body language and agreeing with it.

You tell me about the Obama head tilted back, and what it means. I do it all the time myself. Especially when I am sitting in meetings and listening to someone droning on. What does it mean?

I said yesterday that Bill Clinton appeared to me to have suffered a stroke.

Opponents of conservative Christian policies do not like Trump because he has shown favor to conservatives. They are constantly finding fault with him because they hate him.

Trump should of pulled out a cell phone and started to take a few selfies. Like Obama has been known to do at memorial services.

Should have, not should of. So you agree Trump's behavior was pretty off putting yesterday to go to the whataboutism of Obama and David Cameron at Mandela's memorial service - something as I recall Obama was widely criticized for doing.

Should have, not should of. So you agree Trump's behavior was pretty off putting yesterday to go to the whataboutism of Obama and David Cameron at Mandela's memorial service - something as I recall Obama was widely criticized for doing.

Yes in think both Obama and Trump acted in an inappropriate way at a funeral.

Back
Top Bottom