• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Was A Mock President

Mindless cheerleading. One guess

He said that racist white supremacists were 'good people.' That encouraged them, made them feel like their hateful beliefs were justified. That was spreading hatred.

Democrats wanted to tax the rich more. Anybody who thinks the rich pay their fair share is giving them a huge break and short-changing the nation. We could do so much more for society if only we could tax the rich more but Republicans like Trump refuse to do it. They are afraid of losing the support of powerful people.

In a world where new technology and new threats emerge constantly, requiring government to constantly expand, Republicans foolishly think government can be smaller and still function well. That is nonsense. Government has rightfully expanded for as long as our country has existed. That is normal and needed. As the rich get ever-richer because they have government wrapped around their little fingers, they should rightfully be paying more and more to keep this great country going.

That required no legislation. Trump doesn't even understand how to create legislation from the executive branch he controlled. He had his chance while failing to fulfill his promise to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something 'far better that everyone will love.' Trump had no legislative plan at all. Trump just sat around the WH watching himself on many TV shows, waiting for Congress to do all the heavy lifting. He provided no indication of what he would sign or not, made no suggestions, laid out no proposed legislation. That was his approach for one of the toughest legislation subjects ever, healthcare. Something many tried and failed to get. Obama was the legislative genius. He got it done. When Trump failed he said, and I quote: “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.” What an idiotic thing to say after the whole nation watched the legislative difficulty in creating Obamacare.

BS. Trump did nothing but talk and make wild claims he could not fulfill. He had no plan. We never have seen a Republican healthcare plan that even Republicans could support in enough numbers to pass.

Trump made the problem worse by cutting all the financial aid to countries where the immigrants leave from. Biden has restored that aid. Trump went to the root of the problem and made it worse. Biden fixed that pronto. There is a delayed effect associated with that aid. Results take years to realize.

No, we did not. The super-rich had 4 good years. Much of it was due to Obama's careful budgeting. Trump created a tax windfall for the rich, and then the whole country crashed when he totally botched the pandemic response. "15 cases going to zero." "Gone by Easter." "It's only 2 cases coming in from China"

Trump was the worst president ever, and that's why he got impeached twice. He belongs in prison.
Yes...Democrats want to tax EVERYONE more....and the wealthy in this country pay almost ALL of the tax's now....cutting anyone's tax's in always a good thing...kudos to Trump for cutting anyone's tax's that he was able to.

Trump was right to cut these funds...it is not I.S taxpayers responsibly to take care of these people but it is the responsibility of our government to close and control our borders....under Trump the flow of illegal's was minimal and under Senile Dumbass Joe Biden our borders are totally out of control , our border personal are overwhelmed and we have millions of unwanted illegal aliens roaming free in American communities

Trump did a good job with the pandemic and more people have died from covid on Senile Dumbass Joe Biden's watch then Trumps.

Trump was easily one of the best presidents of the last 50 years....right up there with Reagan

Trump got the job done and done well and America and Americans had 4 great years with him in office

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You must mean like the ObamaCare™ repeal, the great 10% Middle Class Tax Cut, ending the phony "wars", disarming Long Duck Jong, that big wall that Mexico paid for, lets see I know I'm forgetting LOTS of stuff...oh yeah the trumPlague that he tried to blow off.

Crooked donnietrump = EPIC ASSKLOWN FAIL, in every way imaginable.💯🤡💩

Yes...Democrats want to tax EVERYONE more....and the wealthy in this country pay almost ALL of the tax's now....cutting anyone's tax's in always a good thing...kudos to Trump for cutting anyone's tax's that he was able to.
Democrats want to tax the rich. The 99% should not have their taxes raised. The income of the super-rich has gone up by hundreds of % during recent decades. But their taxes have gone down during the same time period. And as that has happened, the federal deficit has risen. The richer the super-rich get, the deeper in debt the country gets.

Imagine that!

The super-rich have benefited the most from this country; so they need to pay the most to run it, and we ain't been getting enough revenue. That means whatever the super-rich are paying right now is not enough. We should do what so many Democrats have been saying and tax the rich. Liz Warren, Bernie and AOC got it right.

Now why would anybody in their right mind, who is not super-rich themselves, want to stand up for the super-rich and give them tax breaks? Hey, that's a good one. Could it be right wing propaganda? Hey. Here's a good one: We don't hear that old argument about them being 'job creators' much anymore. Could that be because when they got the big Trump windfall tax cut they did executive bonuses and huge stock buy-backs instead of expanding businesses or creating jobs? Makes ya think...

Trump was right to cut these funds...it is not I.S taxpayers responsibly to take care of these people but it is the responsibility of our government to close and control our borders....under Trump the flow of illegal's was minimal and under Senile Dumbass Joe Biden our borders are totally out of control , our border personal are overwhelmed and we have millions of unwanted illegal aliens roaming free in American communities
The wall is a waste of money. Most undocumented immigrants simply get a legal visa to enter the country and then overstay the designated time period. Walls don't stop people who come in legally. And the real truth is these people do not hurt our country, but they contribute to it. They work jobs, pay taxes, spend money, create demand, which creates jobs. some of them are job creators and business owners themselves. We have a higher GDP with undocumented immigrants than if we kicked them all out. The real reason Republicans don't want immigration is because a more diverse America would vote more Democratic.

Whoops a daisy. There it is. The beans got spilled.

I say let em in, let em become citizens. More hard-working tax-paying Americans would help fund the Social Security system. China has about the same land area as the USA, but 4 times the people. And their economy is about to surpass ours. The USA GDP would be larger if we had more people working and spending. Central American immigrants get into less trouble than American citizens, too. Another thing Trump got wrong. Turns out Americans get arrested more frequently than immigrants. And that makes sense. People who dream of coming to the USA just want to work hard and make a life for themselves. When they get here they are grateful for the chance, and want to be good citizens. They don't want to be in trouble with the government that could throw them out.

Trump did a good job with the pandemic and more people have died from covid on Senile Dumbass Joe Biden's watch then Trumps.
Trump did a terrible job. First he tried to downplay it. This is Trump, just after the news of the pandemic hit:

1-22-20: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
2-2-20: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
2-24-20: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
2-25-20: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
2-25-20: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.” (We would not have a vaccine until nearly a year later)
2-26-20: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
2-26-20: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
2-27-20: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

It was all lies. Every single thing he said. He was trying to protect his image. He didn't think people could understand that it was not his fault the pandemic started. He tried to pretend it was no problem. They lost valuable time when they should have been working on developing a test to determine who has the disease and who doesn't. Because that valuable early time was lost, the disease very rapidly spread undetected far and wide in our country.

Trump was easily one of the best presidents of the last 50 years....right up there with Reagan
Reagan was not a good president. He traded arms for hostages and lied about it in the Iran-Contra Scandal.

Sounds like he was on drugs. Total gibberish. It's like he is going to make a point, but then he interrupts himself and goes on to something else. It is very troubling to think that people support Trump after he emits such rambling nonsense.

Sounds like he is completely uninformed and lazily attempting to wing it. He didn't even know enough to pretend to know.

Sounds like he is completely uninformed and lazily attempting to wing it. He didn't even know enough to pretend to know.
It was embarrassing to have him as president. It really was. America lost a lot of respect all around the world for making him president. It's not like you can tell the rest of the world: "But he lost the popular vote! Most Americans did not want him."

My advise, lay off the Fox. It is makes your posts stupid. 🤡

Trump did a terrible job. First he tried to downplay it. This is Trump, just after the news of the pandemic hit:

1-22-20: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
2-2-20: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
2-24-20: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
2-25-20: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
2-25-20: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.” (We would not have a vaccine until nearly a year later)
2-26-20: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
2-26-20: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
2-27-20: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

It was all lies. Every single thing he said. He was trying to protect his image. He didn't think people could understand that it was not his fault the pandemic started. He tried to pretend it was no problem. They lost valuable time when they should have been working on developing a test to determine who has the disease and who doesn't. Because that valuable early time was lost, the disease very rapidly spread undetected far and wide in our country.

Reagan was not a good president. He traded arms for hostages and lied about it in the Iran-Contra Scandal.
Wow! You Really believe all this progressive baloney don't you???? Poor thing! Maybe you can find like a 12 step detox program somewhere

Wow! You Really believe all this progressive baloney don't you???? Poor thing! Maybe you can find like a 12 step detox program somewhere
Those are real quotes of then-president Donald Trump. Nobody who wasn't 'bought in' believed a word of his BS.

As Brandon destroys the country people are still bitching about president Trump.
Brandon almost started world war 3 with his comments while in Poland. What a hot mess.

Some things never change!

Don't vote for him again. He is inappropriate.

Biden is more presidential.

If he were like Biden, we would be in worse shape. I dont care about petty theatrics, his policies were gawd awful.

As Brandon destroys the country people are still bitching about president Trump.
Brandon almost started world war 3 with his comments while in Poland. What a hot mess.

Some things never change!
Classic whataboutism. There is no rational defense of Trump, so no big surprise here.

Understandable.

Nothing positive can be said about Trump.

-something from FB-
Looks like I am done with FB. I won't miss it. Here is what appeared on my screen after your post:
DuckDuckGo
DuckDuckGo blocked this video to prevent Facebook from tracking you
We blocked Facebook from tracking you when the page loaded. If you unblock this content, Facebook will know your activity. Learn More
I never joined FB, want no part of it. I never agreed to their user terms. I do not wish for my internet activity to be tracked. I am amazed that people so freely agree to such terms. So glad I use DuckDuckGo.

I presume there are a lot of people who simply check boxes saying they agree to user agreements they have never read. I never agree to anything I have not read and understand, and I would not recommend anyone should. Many times I have begun to read user agreements and quit after several pages upon realizing I was nowhere near being done with the reading. Some of those agreements open up lists of links, and you are agreeing that you have read everything in every link. I have read in user agreements for an hour or more and still not reached the end. No way on earth am I ever agreeing to such corporate power. That's like signing a legal contract.

Because people are so foolish, that is how powerful corporations get away with this outrage.

I refuse. There is a perfectly good life without FB or any other corporation what wants to track individuals and keep records which could be hacked and used for nefarious purposes. Everyone should simply refuse.

I am amazed at the hypocrisy of conservatives who say they don't want the government keeping records or tracking them, but then turn right around and freely let any big powerful corporation do it without a second thought, without even reading what they are agreeing to!

Simply amazing.

You didn't see or hear any of that so-called "progressive baloney"? That explains your post. You kept yourself ignorant and then claim that it didn't happen. Well, we saw it on TV, several channels, in fact. We heard the words come out of his mouth. It's not baloney, it's a fact that he said those things. And, that's just the lies on display regarding the first 6 weeks or so of Covid19. Not enough space here to print provable statements that were actual lies from TFG. It doesn't matter. Facts are a foreign concept to you and those who believe the crap you spin.

By now, it's obvious that people who still back Trump are the people who think transgression-posting is edgy and humorous.

Back
Top Bottom