• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump warns evangelicals of 'violence' if GOP loses in the midterms

Mach

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
"This November 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment. It's a referendum on so much," Trump told the assemblage of pastors and other Christian leaders gathered in the State Dining Room, according to a recording from people in the room.

"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence," Trump said, describing what would happen should his voters fail to cast ballots. "The level of hatred, the level of anger is very unbelievable."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/28/politics/trump-evangelicals-midterms/index.html

This party's rule by fear, goes too far.

Trump: "We must move quickly; the Democrats are relentless. If they are not all destroyed, it will be a civil war without end."

Trump exaggerates everything to such an extreme, it's bewildering some people buy it.

most of us don't get enough PTO anymore to take to the streets. vote against this idiot instead.

Feeding his base the redest meat he can... "You are under attack! You are the victims!"
Easiest sell ever to those people.

But violence? WTF is wrong with Trump and is supporters.

Trump: "We must move quickly; the Democrats are relentless. If they are not all destroyed, it will be a civil war without end."

Star Wars?

Trump wants to be El Jefe of the Banana Republic of America. Isn't that obvious by now?

He doesn't give **** about his supporters. He knows if dems take over congress he's screwed. He's protecting himself and they are his human fodder in battle. The violence threat is just to attempt to close the enthusiasm gap between Repubs and Dems. I hope it backfires in his worthless face.

they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence...

Sounds like a vision.

TheGoverness looked back at that time in history as the golden era, when her unrepentant sarcasm was juxtaposed against the insanity of the Trump-era language, resulting in the common reader being unable to differentiate blatant sarcasm, from credible quotes.

I see your point.

"There is violence, and though I averted my eyes and covered my face, the Lord showed unto me the violence. Hordes."

Trump is Right.

YET AGAIN

First the liberals are Snowflake, ******s and now they are violent and unrelenting savages. So nice of liberals to accommodate Trump's narrative of what they are.:roll:

"If Jesus was such a hero, why was he captured and tortured on a cross?" unnamed co-conspirator.

Former CIA Director gave voice to those concerns just this past week that Trump may attempt a sort of calling out of the brown shirts, if you will, by dog whistling to his base a call to violence.

https://www.newsweek.com/brennan-accuses-trump-causing-division-could-spill-over-streets-1090541

Former CIA Director John Brennan has accused President Donald Trump of "dividing Americans," warning that growing tensions in the U.S. could "spill over into the streets."

Speaking on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, Brennan said that Trump's presidency has had a negative impact on the political climate in the U.S. and said he believed it was likely to get worse.

Warning that the U.S. is "in a crisis," Brennan said: "What he's doing to this country, he's dividing us...He's dividing Americans." "So I’m really concerned that as he continues to play to his base, he’s further dividing us, and I’m really concerned about whether this could spill over into the streets,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom