• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border

Legal challenges are already being prepared.....He will not be able to declare himself supreme leader...Americans will resist

But around 39.5 (+/-3.5)% of Americans will support him AND they've got more guns than the people who oppose him.

Christ, as if the USA isn't a big enough laughing stock internationally, the world is going to watch the leader of the USA declare a national emergency in order to get a monument to himself built. And the truly hilarious part is that about 1/3 of all Americans will support this behaviour.

Even funnier is that fact that no plans or proposals for any such wall have been developed in the 2 years he has been in office. He even received his full 2018 budget request for border security and only added the $5 billion number after Democrats took the House. That is the real "National Emergency" for Trump and the shutdown is how he is sticking it to the Democrats for daring to win elections against his will.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mexico/2017/05/23/border-wall-funding-shrinks-trumps-2018-budget

Definitely the public address part. His appearance with Border Agents in the Press Room was also a good move, despite Democrats sticking their fingers in their ears any time anyone tries to give them the cold, hard fact on what's happening at our border.
Chuck and Nancy could shut down Kirstjen Nielson, but they can't shut Trump up on national tv.
I know when I want to make a great PR move, I specifically place 4-5 burly, and clean shaven baldies wearing black suits to stand behind my client.

What could possibly go wrong with that image? Yep, you sure sound like you are going to get this done.

Please make sure Trump listens to you? No blowback at all from it.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

But around 39.5 (+/-3.5)% of Americans will support him AND they've got more guns than the people who oppose him.

The US Military exists to crush those that dissent, even if you agree with them. Didn't you know?

I know when I want to make a great PR move, I specifically place 4-5 burly, and clean shaven baldies wearing black suits to stand behind my client.

What could possibly go wrong with that image? Yep, you sure sound like you are going to get this done.

Please make sure Trump listens to you? No blowback at all from it.

Aw, triggered by hispanic men? Do brown people scare you?

Aw, triggered by hispanic men? Do brown people scare you?
Triggered by Hispanic men? I didn't even bother to find out their ethnicity. I just know when I want my clients to look great, I place 5 burly bald men behind them so as to provide an image of seriousness.

Don't you? I bet you do. Anywho, I can't wait for Trump to do as you wish he did. I really can't. Hell, I will place a bet that he not only listens to you internet folks, he gets reelected in a landslide majority as a result in 2020.

Your plans haven't gone wrong in 2018, how could they go wrong in 2020?

:)

Burly men. Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeered.

The US Military exists to crush those that dissent, even if you agree with them. Didn't you know?

Yes, I can see how a certain segment of the American people would prefer to have a military dictatorship than admit that they voted for (and elected) a dolt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/trump-address-border-visit.html

Tuesday night 9 pm eastern time. This announcement imo will be the end of the shutdown and to declare a national emergency.

Here's what I think will happen:

1. Trump will present the numbers that Chuck and Nancy refused to hear and that the media refused to report. (Trump has already presented the numbers to Congress. You can see them here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/president-trump-sends-letter-border-security/)

2. I'm not certain Trump will go the national security route and tell the country that construction of the wall will begin immediately, but if he does I think he will also tell Congress to send him their spending bills and he'll sign them, therefore ending the shutdown. He'll also say something to the effect of, "I much prefer that Congress be concerned enough about this crisis to appropriate the necessary money, but since they won't...since they don't even want to know about the crisis...they leave me no choice but to build the wall this way."

We can also be sure the media will be frantically trying to spin those numbers to make Trump out to be a liar. We can also be sure that the Congressional Dems will frantically try to outdo each other with their anti-Trump rhetoric...that the media will dutifully report.

But one thing is certain...Trump will force the country to consider those numbers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/trump-address-border-visit.html

Tuesday night 9 pm eastern time. This announcement imo will be the end of the shutdown and to declare a national emergency.

I would never have believed it but I need to sign on with these fascists. I could show them how (for $30K a month) now, anytime they don't

get the votes...declare a national emergency to further cement the flexibility to just shut down govt.

How soon before we see the new swastikas ?

I would tell them, when you can't get the votes for your new capitalist fascism...force it on the people.

This is how.

Burly men. Skeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeered.
Phantom quoting? That's a sign of strength in some internet circles.

Anywho, I really really hope Trump follows your strategy for this. Hell, I can't see any state being able to present a legal challenge or deny the hordes of people who will vote for Trump as a result.

What could possibly go wrong in 2020?

;)

If he preempts NCIS on Tuesday he loses my support.

If he preempts NCIS on Tuesday he loses my support.
You were looking for an example of what a lie is earlier. Your post is a textbook example

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do you understand what authoritarian means?
Probably shutting the government so you can unilaterally declare you have powers that you don't, and without congressional approval or funding so you can try to get things done that way.

But I'm no legalese speaking scholar. I just know that I wish Trump kept following the wise advice of internet folk like yourself. You're obviously reflective of the American populace. It's why 67 million people voted for Trump and he didn't lose the house in the last election.

Double down, push for a wall, build it without congressional approval, and during a shutdown - it'll do wonders in 2020.

I promise.

Maybe America is about to discover just how vulnerable they are.
If a man who was elected President by a minority can shut down the government and arbitrarily declare a national emergency to give himself powers that the elected Congress won't, you might be about to learn a hard lesson.

Sorry to bust your bubble, he was elected by the majority of the Electoral College. Which by the way is how our system of laws works.

Sorry to bust your bubble, he was elected by the majority of the Electoral College. Which by the way is how our system of laws works.

'By a minority of voters' then. Does that satisfy your quibbling nature?

He fell 3 Million votes short.....The electoral college sucks and should be abolished

With Trump, it's a very safe bet it will be a clown show. He's literally the biggest laughing stock in the world.

He will need to be fact checked in real time for this show.

I really hope Trump listens to people like yourself. There is absolutely no way for your plan to fail or have blowback. It'll decimate Democrats for sure, just like it did in 2018. How can Trump possibly go wrong with well educated folks like yourself backing him.

I really, really hope he follows through with your idea.

I bet you though Hillary was sure to win in 2016 too.

Any network which gives Trump the time should also give the exact same time slot 24 hours later to the Democratic response. The networks are complicit in giving Trump hundreds of millions of dollars worth of free coverage during the campaign and they need to serious reevaluate their approach in giving him time just to toot his own horn and tell lies and falsehoods.

I bet you though Hillary was sure to win in 2016 too.
You live in a place called 2 years ago.

This is why people who you feel are dumber than you get promoted.

Back
Top Bottom