• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump wants to build a "Dome" over the U. S.

Showtime586

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Even the best fiction writer cannot outdo Trump for bizarro storytelling.

Trump says that not only could he end the Ukraine war in 24 hours, he wants to build a dome over the country. That's right, a protective dome.

Since Trump failed miserably at getting the Mexican government to pay for his "Wall" fiasco, my guess is that the Canadians will have to pay for this one.

At this point, my main question is whether or not the Klingons, Romulans or the Borg will be able to penetrate the protective dome?

I think he means an anti-missile defense zone not an actual physical dome. You know like the Israeli so called Iron Dome missile shoot down defense system.

It's not a new idea. Reagan had pondered the Star Wars program or Strategic Defense initiative to stop Soviet ICBMs. The Israeli have the Arrow system and Iron Dome.

We currently have the interceptors to stop attacks from North Korea. However with newer Russian and Chinese hypersonic missiles it's much harder.

I think he means an anti-missile defense zone not an actual physical dome. You know like the Israeli so called Iron Dome missile shoot down defense system.
Maybe maybe not, but I do find it amusing that you all constantly have to scramble with re-interpretations of what he said that are supposed to make it less idiotic.

Trump says that not only could he end the Ukraine war in 24 hours, he wants to build a dome over the country. That's right, a protective dome.

Since Trump failed miserably at getting the Mexican government to pay for his "Wall" fiasco, my guess is that the Canadians will have to pay for this one.

At this point, my main question is whether or not the Klingons, Romulans or the Borg will be able to penetrate the protective dome

At this point, my main question is whether or not the Klingons, Romulans or the Borg will be able to penetrate the protective dome?
^^^ thinks he meant actual dome. Smirky smirks

I’d be willing to pitch in for an iron dome over Traitor Trump. 👍

Maybe maybe not, but I do find it amusing that you all constantly have to scramble with re-interpretations of what he said that are supposed to make it less idiotic.

No, it's quite the opposite. It's people who think Trump meant he wanted to construct an actual dome over the US not an anti-missile defense system who are being idotic.

It's not a new idea. Reagan had pondered the Star Wars program or Strategic Defense initiative to stop Soviet ICBMs. The Israeli have the Arrow system and Iron Dome.

We currently have the interceptors to stop attacks from North Korea. However with newer Russian and Chinese hypersonic missiles it's much harder.
It's exactly the same idea. It's Trump's space force. Pompeo called it SDI II.

What Trump is attempting to do is steal Reagan's SDI idea, pawn it off as his own, and hope nobody notices he is stealing again.

Trump should be in prison. Tired of this criminal roaming free.

No, it's quite the opposite. It's people who think Trump meant he wanted to construct an actual dome over the US not an anti-missile defense system who are being idotic.

Same people who who thought if they hunted Pence down they could keep Donny in office.

Actually, the true idiots are the ones that actually believed Mexico would pay for a border Wall.....😉

This is how I'd interpret it as well.

Even Trump can't possibly be stupid enough to think building a dome over a country the size of the US would be even slightly possible.

Their defense MO is very simple:
If it works, it was all Trump's idea.
If it fails, it was all someone else fault.
If Trump is caught lying, he merely misspoke or simply repeated incorrect information that was given to him.

would it stop snow????

cause i'd be for that shit.

This is how I'd interpret it as well.

Even Trump can't possibly be stupid enough to think building a dome over a country the size of the US would be even slightly possible.
Probably so, but so far Trump's level of stupidity has yet to reach its peak.

Probably so, but so far Trump's level of stupidity has yet to reach its peak.

I'm not denying that but just the sheer logistics of trying to build a dome that big would be laughable.

It'd be like trying to build a bunker in the exact centre of the earth.
Not easy.

He's got form on such idiocy.

So why didn't he say that?

The hero of Grenada had Alzheimer's

we probably already have a secret missile defense system that's hugely high tech and he just didn't read the intel stuff that would have told him.

and then he just sold those papers to putin.

Back
Top Bottom