• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump walks out of border security meeting after Pelosi rejects wall pitch

Walls work. First the wall then immigration reform. He's not going to be tricked like Reagan was by the democrats in the 80's.

I assume you're a big Obama devotee. Didn't Obama walk out of a meeting with Eric Cantor won of the top
Republicans at the time about similar unsolved problems

Well you suppose wrong, I did not ever like Obama.

It is stupid to build a wall before you have the ability to protect it. Create the protections first then worry about a wall if you need to worry about one at all.

Thats fine.... I need to read where only 25% congressional republicans supported the wall but the numbers are meaningless.

The point of the matter is this.

The Funding is for the remain 25-30% of the government (in all fairness the last shut down was for the BULK so it sure was more substantial)

Trump wants $5.6billion for a wall, Nothing else inside of the proposal for a one for one as the budge is SET for teh 25-30% government. He just wants $5.6 billion for a wall. If the Dems wanted something they could just say lets negotiate for the $5.6 wall. But they are NOT even doing that? Then the question does remain..... IS there something the DEMS want for the $5.6 or the dems JUST dont want to give him the wall period?

Is pretty simple...I am assuming the DEMS do NOT want to give him a wall. NO negotiation no one for one, NO NOTHING... just no wall . I got it.

Numbers are everything when it comes to passing bills thru Congress. I guess you and Trump are just finding that out? You assume that the Dems won't negotiate after they did just that last year only to have the rug pulled out from under them by Trump? It sounds like you just want to use extortion instead of a fair negotiation. That won't fly here sorry. We don't negotiate with terrorists that hold Americans hostage.

Walls work. First the wall then immigration reform. He's not going to be tricked like Reagan was by the democrats in the 80's.

I assume you're a big Obama devotee. Didn't Obama walk out of a meeting with Eric Cantor won of the top
Republicans at the time about similar unsolved problems

Why would anyone on the Democratic side agree to that? It's like "First the tax cuts, then the entitlement reform" promise that the GOP made with their base. They got what they wanted with the tax cuts, promised to take up entitlement reform in an election year, and predictably punted on the tough spending cuts. After the GOP get the tough enforcement, what leverage do the Democrats have when McConnell says, "**** you" on the other stuff? Why would anyone trust Trump to hold up his end?

What you saw in the 2013 Senate legislation was $25 billion for the "wall" plus "immigration reform" and the House GOP said, HELL NO! and that bill was literally DOA in the House, and then the GOP House was unable to pass ANYTHING out of its own caucus on immigration, mostly because of the immigration hard liners.

Bottom line is this whole discussion is just an argument for good faith negotiations with Republicans and Democrats and that cannot happen, will not happen, when the government is being used as a hostage in those negotiations.

That is a blanket statement.
No it is a factual statement.

Repus NEVER had a Super Majority so any Bill that went through BOTH houses have a chance to be struck down
By whom?

You CAN have a simple Majority for X bill to get through ONE house, BUT if ONE of the houses has a filibuster (Which the Democratic Senate has always done) You can delay and strike down the bill. As much of any bill from Trump has been Filibustered by the Senate.
Did they even try? They sure tried a lot of other stupid crap.

Context of the WALL from February. Freedom Caucus (Repubs) DID NOT support the February bill because while they got $25billion they felt the 1.8million DACA was getting Amnesty which thye DID NOT support as a fair negotiation for the Wall
Well they can go and **** themselves now.

To some Trump may have invented sliced bread, which is pretty stupid. However, it is not as stupid as those who have called Obama "My Lord and Savior."
Yea but this is not about Obama and your need to bring him into this only shows what you know about sliced bread.

If her community was offering jobs to ilkegal immigrants, that one would be equally worthless. Any immigration reform that does not give greater punishment to those who hire and exploit immigrants is more Republican "blame the poor" bull****. The wall is, at this point, a sad manifestation of conservative bigotry and classism.
Her community is doing more than "offering jobs"; it's offering sanctuary, refusal to cooperate with federal immigration authorities, and generally becoming Tijuana north.

Context... Context Context.

TRUMP did make a deal in February, Freedom Caucus did NOT approve the 1.8million DACA Amnesty because they did NOT want to OFFER the Amnesty PERIOD. Had nothing to do with TRUMPS wall.

Secondly. The Republicans put in Immigration reform to limit Nucleus family sponsorship and other similar strict enforcement to immigration that DEMS did NOT want. Had NOTHING to do with the wall.

They ALL could have negotiated it out one for one, or one for the other. BUT they keep convoluting the whole damn thing period.

SO again REAL questions.

The Wall has nothing to do with the Gov. shutdown I CAN AGREE...... So IF in fact we concede RE OPEN the government WILL Pelosi & Schummer in GOOD FAITH negotiate with Trump 1 for one about the wall? Seriously. Like I said, OK Trump we will give you the wall if you give us DACA Amnesty? seriously? CAN you honestly say the would DO that? THEY WILL NOT, The already have said NO now, Why would the Say YES when the Government is open? More so now they have Majority in the HOUSE. What good will that do.

THERE IS ZERO Good Faith negotiation. If you cant see that, that I will "concede" that we will never see at least eye to eye.

The Dems have already agreed to trade money for the wall for DACA and Trump reneged. I certainly think that means there is still a good chance they would do do again.but ONLY IF the Govt. is reopened first. The hostage taking will not be rewarded. There is a good reason for this. I'm sorry if you can't see that, but innocent peoples lives are not bargaining chips.

Last edited:
Numbers are everything when it comes to passing bills thru Congress. I guess you and Trump are just finding that out? You assume that the Dems won't negotiate after they did just that last year only to have the rug pulled out from under them by Trump? It sounds like you just want to use extortion instead of a fair negotiation. That won't fly here sorry. We don't negotiate with terrorists that hold Americans hostage.

After this comment I have lost all credibility. First off being in the military with a couple of deployments and being on the front line. Dealing with "Terrorist" up front and personal is in NO way similar to what we are doing.

Same with "American's as Hostage" as I unfortunately connected to an event in relation to this term that I would rather not discuss.

For you to correlate the JUSTIFICATION of Border security in WHICH IT BENEFITS ALL Americans WHILE the term and the way its being implemented (wall on the southern border) NO Where NEARS the term Terrorist NOR American Hostage.

There is NO extortion. The presidents Job is to PROTECT the American People. The double standard that WILL occur is say Trump drops the wall and ANOTHER American is Killed by ANOTHER illegal Alien that falls on him. We have had 2 in the last month. SURE its NOT 3000 but its still an AMERICAN and a FAMILY that Needlessly lost their loved ones. Feel free to step on those graves, as I guarantee those that LOST their loves ones are supporting TRUMPS agenda. YET you want to call it "Negotiating with Terrorist" and "Holding Americans Hostage" While You may NOT agree with the WALL and you MAY NOT agree with the AGENDA.

Your Terms are ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER than TRUMPS and more so disgusting.

I concede any further discussion with you at this time as you have absolutely lost ALL my respect to have any further discussion. Good Day.

Last edited:
After this comment I have lost all credibility. First off being in the military with a couple of deployments and being on the front line. Dealing with "Terrorist" up front and personal is in NO way similar to what we are doing.

Same with "American's as Hostage" as I unfortunately connected to an event in relation to this term that I would rather not discuss.

For you to correlate the JUSTIFICATION of Border security in WHICH IT BENEFITS ALL Americans WHILE the term and the way its being implemented (wall on the southern border) NO Where NEARS the term Terrorist NOR American Hostage.

There is NO extortion. The presidents Job is to PROTECT the American People. The double standard that WILL occur is say Trump drops the wall and ANOTHER American is Killed by ANOTHER illegal Alien that falls on him. We have had 2 in the last month. SURE its NOT 3000 but its still an AMERICAN and a FAMILY that Needlessly lost their loved ones. Feel free to step on those graves, as I guarantee those that LOST their loves ones are supporting TRUMPS agenda. YET you want to call it "Negotiating with Terrorist" and "Holding Americans Hostage" While You may NOT agree with the WALL and you MAY NOT agree with the AGENDA.

Your Terms are ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER than TRUMPS and more so disgusting.

I concede any further discussion with you at this time as you have absolutely lost ALL my respect to have any further discussion. Good Day.

LOL Like I care about your "respect". You are wrong, it is exactly the same as terrorists. Trump is holding the lives of 800,000 people hostage in order to get his demands met. The fact that you can't see that means your partisan desires have overridden any sense of decency, empathy, or fairness you might have had. Congratulations you are now just like your emperor. He must be so proud.
BTW A Presidents job is to protect ALL Americans from harm including the 800,000 who won't be receiving a paycheck today because of his pigheaded demands. There is no "crisis", illegal immigration is at a 40 year low and he had money for his stupid wall in his hands last year and backed out of the deal.

Last edited:
LOL Like I care about your "respect". You are wrong, it is exactly the same as terrorists. Trump is holding the lives of 800,000 people hostage in order to get his demands met. The fact that you can't see that means your partisan desires have overridden any sense of decency, empathy, or fairness you might have had. Congratulations you are now just like your emperor. He must be so proud.
BTW A Presidents job is to protect ALL Americans from harm including the 800,000 who won't be receiving a paycheck today because of his pigheaded demands. There is no "crisis", illegal immigration is at a 40 year low and he had money for his stupid wall in his hands last year and backed out of the deal.

To some "respect" is all we have and hold as important.

I MAY be wrong, I dont demand to be right. But I do ask to be civil. Calling the President and Policies Terrorist and Hostage Taking is just disgusting. Your opinion is free and unlimited. As well as mine I just choose not to engage in a person that is willing to be so incendiary.

BTW the Potus Job is To protect ALL American's From Harm. 800,000 not receiving a paycheck is NOT just him. Dems could concede or negotiate for SOMETHING to just get this thing over with. TRUMP is Pigheaded But not completely unjustified as this is INTENDED to PROTECT ALL Americans from Illegals entering our country. Be it 1 or 1 million its benefits all.
ACA was jammed down our throats and BENEFITED ONE CLASS of people the MOST, (Pre existing conditions) This did NOT benefit ALL Americans as the shutdown was used as leverage as well. Pot Calling the kettle black on this one.

So again get off your high horse. its fine to disagree but to use terms that do NOT represent even nearly as MUCH of the heinous actions of others is just sad and disturbing. I will call it for what it is NOT what I want it to be........ just sad.

No it is a factual statement.

By whom?

Did they even try? They sure tried a lot of other stupid crap.

Well they can go and **** themselves now.

Yes likely it has Facts in it, I did NOT state that your comment was unfactual. I just said it was a blanket statement that lacked context?

By whom? Who else? while I dont deny it was ONLY Dems. It was mostly, and the rest was hard right conservatives or conservatives that just wanted to stick it to Trump. But Much of the bills were blocked in The Senate as they did NOT have the Super Majority heck they didnt even have the simple minority because Flake and Corker and then the absent McCain.

With Fairness to my above statement. is that NOT what WE as the people want to see. NON party line votes due to principle. IT takes a lot for McCain, Flake and Corker to defect from TRUMP from the party pressure.

There is NOTHING wrong with it EITHER.

Did they even try? Um... Yeah... But there was no consensus on their OWN party as well as Democrat party-line vote. SO it BLAME across the board.

as for GTYS? well..... Is the point nonfactual or wrong. Its not wrong it just not agreed upon.

Yes likely it has Facts in it, I did NOT state that your comment was unfactual. I just said it was a blanket statement that lacked context?

By whom? Who else? while I dont deny it was ONLY Dems. It was mostly, and the rest was hard right conservatives or conservatives that just wanted to stick it to Trump. But Much of the bills were blocked in The Senate as they did NOT have the Super Majority heck they didnt even have the simple minority because Flake and Corker and then the absent McCain.

With Fairness to my above statement. is that NOT what WE as the people want to see. NON party line votes due to principle. IT takes a lot for McCain, Flake and Corker to defect from TRUMP from the party pressure.

There is NOTHING wrong with it EITHER.

Did they even try? Um... Yeah... But there was no consensus on their OWN party as well as Democrat party-line vote. SO it BLAME across the board.

as for GTYS? well..... Is the point nonfactual or wrong. Its not wrong it just not agreed upon.

Speaking of Flake, didn't the Communist News Network just hire him and another RINO Mia Love? I can't wait to see their real Leftist ideology....
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/cnn-just-hired-new-fake-republican-slam-trump

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom