• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump walks out of border security meeting after Pelosi rejects wall pitch

In all fairness.... in complete foresight....I am waiting for the GREAT switch ah roo...

I am praying this will happen because this would be the greatest fake out yet.

Trump says SCREW the wall..... How about some hardline Immigration fixes, I dump the wall in exchange

1) Zero Tolerance @ the Border, meaning dont come through a legal port of entry, you turn right around
2) Zero Tolerance on VISA violators, you overstay or violate a VISA bye bye, Bar for X years
3) Nucleus family reform meaning sponsorship through direct family ties no extended family
4) VISA Through Merits H1B etc (Merits to include marriage and fiance)

I Would love to see trump just dump the wall and drop a huge Immigration reform package on them. I GUARANTEE we would see straight through Pelosi and Shcummer that it has NOTHING to do with the actual politics and policies ITS just Trump.

Birth right, Fix that. MAJOR Penalties on Illegal Hiring practices. ZERO tolerance deportation ETC the WHOLE immigration system not just a wall. Needs a fix. If security is what they really want But not a wall.

Common TRUMP Call their BLUFF, drop the wall but a HUGE immigration reform package, I 100% guarantee they will balk it as well and we will see their BS.......

If the democrats truly agree to do that, he should agree to it, wait a month, then declare an emergency and build the wall anyway.

Its NOT popular I conceded and the donor base a lot of like why we are in this stalemate to begin with is Trumps donor base wants to see the wall. But honestly again..... while I support the wall I CAN admit that if we really wanted to fix it... the wall is just ONE tiny part of it... it IS Part of it...IT CAN help but its not a bulk fix to the major problems!

The changes you propose aren't popular with the people who have actual leverage with our representatives.

Your plan would require the means to get around them, in order to succeed.

There's an old military saying that applies, I think:

"The important things are simple, and the simple things are hard."

If the democrats truly agree to do that, he should agree to it, wait a month, then declare an emergency and build the wall anyway.

Yups.... thats what it will come down too as it seems..... Funny the state of emergency can happen regardless (But of course it will be blocked by 9th circuit and the house)

In all fairness..... Its intended for the security of the nation..... Its so funny... much like the last time... They wanted a wall... through in DACA that benefits NO American citizen and they still shut it down.

Now Trump is up front, Ill own it, I want the wall. Will you work with me, on it? "NO" ok then were are done, Bye..... Pretty straight forward to me...

MY Facebook Feed is going nuts, and funny part... 50/50 half that are furloughed are pissed but the OTHER half are saying it sucks but build the wall.... So I do NOT see an overwhelming cry for giving in.... its 50/50 on my Facebook page.....

The changes you propose aren't popular with the people who have actual leverage with our representatives.

Your plan would require the means to get around them, in order to succeed.

There's an old military saying that applies, I think:

"The important things are simple, and the simple things are hard."

Sad isn't it....... Secure our Border, those that do no respect our immigration laws should not be given a pass. SIMPLE.... Sign up for a VISA, or GO straight to a Port of Entry and role your dice on Asylum.
DO Neither of those? Then Honestly I dont care thats the LAW.

I don't think his own party will allow this to drag on another month. They don't even want to be doing this now. Last night Trump essentially gave the same exact stump speech he gave during the midterm elections and it lost them 40 seats in the House. Right now they're very concerned that Trump just doesn't get it. This is a losing issue for them.

Enforcing E-Verify? If ALL immigrants LEGALLY USED and applied for it then GO for it. So you telling me the Caravan ALL signed up for E verify?

Draconia Measure to Abuse Families, women and children fleeing Untenable dangers? SURE 30% of ALL Asylum seeker are FACTUALLY fleeing.... SO What about the 70% that ARE FACTUALLY denied. 70% denial rate.... So dont give me the greater... now if 70% are being approved and we are enforcing "draconian" laws or policies I can reason with you, BUT its fact that 70% are being denied.

E-verify is as good as the enforcement of existing laws..... Molli Tibbets, they asked about the E-verify, the guy was already in the US using fake documents... yeah how good was e verify?

It's apparent that you don't understand the e-verify is a law that employers must comply with not immigrants. If it was enforced there would be no work for illegals to come here for. You do know that they come here to make money by working for American citizens don't you? That is what millions of them are doing right now. I has become clear that we can't live without them too. Otherwise we would not be employing them by the millions would we? We also know that Trumps businesses can't survive without illegal workers either.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/420092-trump-hotel-housekeeper-is-undocumented-immigrant-nyt

Last edited:
It's apparent that you don't understand the e-verify is a law that employers must comply with not immigrants. If it was enforced there would be no work for illegals to come here for. You do know that they come here to make money by working for American citizens don't you? That is what millions of them are doing right now.

Yups I gotcha. So yet again, per my original post while I did NOT "Type" E -Verify specifically, But I did state

BUSINESS if you are CAUGHT employing illegals coherently MAJOR penalties and fines (There are some cases where the illegals are using false documents so might be harder to verify) BUT again if knowing..... make em pay.

Ill give the wall UP MAJOR comprehensive immigration reform.

I AGREE to enforce hiring practices and harsh penalties for those that violate them. #5 post in this thread? Whats your point

I want MAJOR WHOLE immigration reform and if I can give up the wall to get it. Im all for it...

It's apparent that you don't understand the e-verify is a law that employers must comply with not immigrants. If it was enforced there would be no work for illegals to come here for. You do know that they come here to make money by working for American citizens don't you? That is what millions of them are doing right now. I has become clear that we can't live without them too. Otherwise we would not be employing them by the millions would we?

And I guess, we BOTH may not be fully educated as I just went on to the E-verify site.

ABOUT E-VERIFY
E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The ONLY way to verify ID is if the Immigrant applied legally with an I-9 form, Social Security or DHS.

Secondly reading

"E-Verify is a voluntary program" Yikes, learned something new. ONLY applies to Federal Contracts and subcontractors. So that Pokes a lot of HOLES as well.. as I highly doubt FEDERAL approved Contracts are going to hire illegal aliens on a common basis. (So its NOT a LAW, but a requirement for government contracts) Other than THAT Ever day BUSINESS are NOT required to use E-Verify...

https://www.e-verify.gov/

So While I admit I am NOT highly educated with E-Verifty

the Front page already pokes holes in your attempt to make it a "CATCH ALL" and Perfect means of curbing illegal migration.

Last edited:
Yups I gotcha. So yet again, per my original post while I did NOT "Type" E -Verify specifically, But I did state

I AGREE to enforce hiring practices and harsh penalties for those that violate them. #5 post in this thread? Whats your point

I want MAJOR WHOLE immigration reform and if I can give up the wall to get it. Im all for it...

Good luck with geting any enforcement of e-verify. Even Trumps own business cannot survive with only legal workers. Illegal workers are a vital part of our economy. Trump is just working you up about this to confuse you and keep you loyal. It is virtually a non-issue since border apprehensions are at a 40 year low.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/420092-trump-hotel-housekeeper-is-undocumented-immigrant-nyt

Last edited:
THIS I can AGREE! That is WHY, we are BOTH enabling. SO put his money were his mouth is... as WELL as others... FIX it as whole.. or are we going to continue this swamp bull crap. BOTH SIDES... TRUMP a like.

Trump is just dreaming about all the kickbacks he can get when he hands out the contracts for his mythical wall.

Trump is just dreaming about all the kickbacks he can get when he hands out the contracts for his mythical wall.

And you know this for a fact???? Or just assumptions?

secondly, I am arguing to pull a fast one.... DROP the wall but drop a comprehensive Immigration reform bill. That Address both the Border Crisis as well as the NON southern border issue.

1) Border Crisis needs to be address that IF you come through a LEGAL port of Entry You can apply for asylum and see what happens.
1a) IF you are CAUGHT outside of a port of Entry. THERE is NO questions if ands or buts. You are registered, photographed/fingerprinted and TURNED AROUND?

2) If you over stay your visa, which we should be checking and enforcing on day 90, and you have NOT left the country. You need to leave and receive a temporary bar for re entering

3) If you over stay with the intent of having a child. The birth right is revoked as that was NOT the spirit of the constitution.

4) Legally citizens should NOT need to sponsor, second cousins, brothers, sisters aunties, uncles first friends, neighbor. It should be, Mother Father, Sister Brother or similar respectable guardians.

5) VISA applications should have a reason, Tourist, Marriage/Fiance or Work. (outside of Asylum and refugee) NO other reason No other VISA Lottery for what? LIFE is NOT fair, I was NOT born into a Bajillionaire.... Nor was a person born in China an American Citizen. Sorry.

6) Business Illegal Hiring business practice, PUT YOUR MONEY where your mouth is... if we are to enforce lets go full bore..You hire someone illegal you pay the price (what that is not sure) BUT it should be hefty enough to discourage the practice and force the business owner to consider the risk vs reward. (Maybe the penalty is the SAME equatable wage and benefit if they were to hire an american citizen. i.e Illegal $4/hour benefits for X years, American is $8.50+benefits penalty for how many years they worked) thats the penality. So they essentially pay the EXACT same thing anyways from hiring to not hiring.

How does that sound?

Last edited:
You mean he took government hostage and demands negotiations under those conditions? Good for them to deny such tactics.

On the contrary, it's been Schumer and Pelosi that have dug in on the issue. Schumer caused the shutdown a year ago and has repeated now.

Schumer Shutdown: Senate Democrats Brag About Having Votes
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...pending-bill-to-keep-government-open-n2436857
Schumer Shutdown: Senate Democrats Brag About Having Votes to Shut Down Government via Filibuster. Even if every Senate Republican voted for the House-passed plan (Mitch McConnell's caucus has a few members who've vowed to vote no), 60 votes …

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Real Cause of the Last Government Shutdown—and the
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/why-the-government-shut-down/551402/
The Real Cause of the Last Government Shutdown—and the Next One. For Chuck Schumer and his Senate Democrats, the reaction since the government shutdown ended has been nothing short of brutal. Schumer and his colleagues are being hit from all sides: Trump and his acolytes like Brit Hume who are contemptuous of the cave-in,...

Good for him. Now she can go back to walled community and pontificate on you walls are immoral.

Well, of course she has a wall. Got to keep out all those poor illegals trying to squat in mansions.

:roll:

I swear, you lot come up with some of the most amusing false equivalences. Or it would be amusing, if you didn't vote.

I don't think his own party will allow this to drag on another month. They don't even want to be doing this now. Last night Trump essentially gave the same exact stump speech he gave during the midterm elections and it lost them 40 seats in the House. Right now they're very concerned that Trump just doesn't get it. This is a losing issue for them.

No you haven’t wrong, it is a losing issue for them if they choose to lose. If the wall gets built or construction starts, the Republicans will win big. The American people do not want to be flooded with hordes of illegal Aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The giant baby threw a tantrum and stormed out?

Well, I’m shocked.

Well, of course she has a wall. Got to keep out all those poor illegals trying to squat in mansions.
The don't have to squat - just mind the children, cook the meals and do the cleaning.

Mr Person said:
I swear, you lot come up with some of the most amusing false equivalences. Or it would be amusing, if you didn't vote.
Your party lives on them.

DJT has given both Chuck and Nancy every chance to work with in the defence of the Republic.
Right, the invading hordes must be stopped.

They have shown they are not interested.
In the crap Trump is selling. No intelligent rational person would be.

President Trump laid out the problem last evening.
Well, he did have a rant, but only the morons who lap up every bit of crap he spews believe it to be gospel.

He pointed his remarks to the two people causing/interfering with the problem.
Sure he did, it is always someone else's fault.

When he does call a national emergency
Except there isn't one.

Well this is wishful thinking of course... But some how considering the businessman mentality..... While you all dont like him morally... I have a little hope in the back of my mind that he is still intelligent with negotiations. But thats purely just me talking... and wishful of course.

Please do not put me into whatever group that you tried to put me in. Personally I do not like Trump as the President since he is a lying ****ing idiot and a danger to all fronts (ie the economy, national defense, the rule of law).

An intelligent negotiator would not have claimed the shutdown as his own. Nor would he walk away from a table. Sorry to tell you but you were wrong here too; Trump is not a good negotiator either. A good negotiator would have already won and not needed to shutdown the government or tell the American people lie after lie about what he is supposed to negotiating about. And that would be that for me, but for the fact that I live 50 miles from the border and the push for a wall ignores any rational solutions. And most important to me Trumps push for a wall will lead to only a wall and not enough money for actual security.

Please do not put me into whatever group that you tried to put me in. Personally I do not like Trump as the President since he is a lying ****ing idiot and a danger to all fronts (ie the economy, national defense, the rule of law).

An intelligent negotiator would not have claimed the shutdown as his own. Nor would he walk away from a table. Sorry to tell you but you were wrong here too; Trump is not a good negotiator either. A good negotiator would have already won and not needed to shutdown the government or tell the American people lie after lie about what he is supposed to negotiating about. And that would be that for me, but for the fact that I live 50 miles from the border and the push for a wall ignores any rational solutions. And most important to me Trumps push for a wall will lead to only a wall and not enough money for actual security.

?? Please do not put you in the group, Yet you edify the point that "Personally I do not like Trump as the President since he is a lying......." So You dont like him... I got it.

Negotiation goes on many different levels.....So you can interpret it in any way you want.

I want those pair of glasses. Thats the end result. Trump Wants the WALL thats the end result.

I go to the store and say I want to glasses. You say NO? What I am I supposed to do?

I say ok I will negotiated the price. You say No? What am I supposed to do?

Negotiating usually has 2 consensual parties period to come to an agreement. If you keep saying NO to me thats not negotiation? That just means so. SO I either find another way or take my business elsewhere?

?? Please do not put you in the group, Yet you edify the point that "Personally I do not like Trump as the President since he is a lying......." So You dont like him... I got it.

Negotiation goes on many different levels.....So you can interpret it in any way you want.

I want those pair of glasses. Thats the end result. Trump Wants the WALL thats the end result.

I go to the store and say I want to glasses. You say NO? What I am I supposed to do?

I say ok I will negotiated the price. You say No? What am I supposed to do?

Negotiating usually has 2 consensual parties period to come to an agreement. If you keep saying NO to me thats not negotiation? That just means so. SO I either find another way or take my business elsewhere?

Trump went ahead trying to negotiate even after the Democrats asserted that they would never put money in the budget for it. As a negotiator you are supposed to know if a deal is negotiable or not before you even start making any plans.

I think that most people are aware that the Democrats already said that a wall was a non-starter from the get go; where the hell was Trump did he not believe them? Seriously Trump knew before taking the blame for the shutdown that the Democrats already said that they were not paying for the wall. That just shows Trump incompetence as a negotiator. And Trumps big plan to get the deal is too shutdown the government ignore the pleas of the Americans that he is hurting. Then to show how stupid that he is about negotiating he walks away from the table. If you know anything about negotiating you know that a table is the only means of making a deal. Trump could have stayed at the table and tried to use his magical negotiating powers to convince the Democrats to provide that 5 billion, but no Trump left using primitive negotiating skills that have been shown over and over again to be so amateurish that no one with half brain tries that crap at a real negotiation table.

Obviously Trumps believes that everyday that Americans suffer over the shutdown, the closer that he is to his deal. That is why billionaire businessmen make horrible presidents; they care nothing about ordinary citizens. Trump actually said something to the effect that they always find a way (when asked about federal workers not being able to pay their bills).

Trump went ahead trying to negotiate even after the Democrats asserted that they would never put money in the budget for it. As a negotiator you are supposed to know if a deal is negotiable or not before you even start making any plans.

I think that most people are aware that the Democrats already said that a wall was a non-starter from the get go; where the hell was Trump did he not believe them? Seriously Trump knew before taking the blame for the shutdown that the Democrats already said that they were not paying for the wall. That just shows Trump incompetence as a negotiator. And Trumps big plan to get the deal is too shutdown the government ignore the pleas of the Americans that he is hurting. Then to show how stupid that he is about negotiating he walks away from the table. If you know anything about negotiating you know that a table is the only means of making a deal. Trump could have stayed at the table and tried to use his magical negotiating powers to convince the Democrats to provide that 5 billion, but no Trump left using primitive negotiating skills that have been shown over and over again to be so amateurish that no one with half brain tries that crap at a real negotiation table.

Obviously Trumps believes that everyday that Americans suffer over the shutdown, the closer that he is to his deal. That is why billionaire businessmen make horrible presidents; they care nothing about ordinary citizens. Trump actually said something to the effect that they always find a way (when asked about federal workers not being able to pay their bills).

So he WON the 2016 as part of his campaign, that was something he talked alot, It was NOT a surprise with that. If the Democrats where NEVER going to give him a wall that MEANS the DEMOCRATS were NEVER going to "Negotiate" with him. So it was ALWAYS one sided from the Get go.

If a negotiator is going to "negotiate" you need to find leverage. He is using the shut down as leverage. WHILE this WHOLE thing is Disgusting period lets not beat around the bush this is ALL BS.... He is Negotiating while using leverage. The DEMS Refuse to participate period. ALA todays meeting. Pelosi is there a wall in this discussion? "No" Ok, bye......

Pretty simple.... With that again. 50/50 on my facebook feed, of the 50% many of them are AFFECTED by the shutdown and still 50/50 that some support it and will take the shutdown and some will not.

YOU NOR I, speak on the majority as there is NO majority its pretty close to the middle right now period from my everyday experience.

As for billionaires dont care.....Not sure what business you ever actually dealt with, But I did a mini CEO interview and I struck out hard when the Current CEO posed a question of firing a GOOD working for a moral mistake. Utimately he said EVER choice I make could affect the GREATER of this company. While I may have to fire 1 person if that one person could destroy or take down this company that all is lost.

Sometimes you have to make a tough decision for the greater good of a conglomerate. Sears, Walmart, Amazon. While these guys live in their ivory towers. Dont let pass you that they are NOT concerned about the suviabiilty of their company sure much of it is share holders BUT its the every day men and women that come to WORK for their establishments. The CEO made me realize that he sure makes a lot of money but the decision weigh on him greater than many people realize. That really put me back if I could really take a job like CEO the glamour and money is great, but that one dumb move and 100's could lose their job.

You can hate on Trump all you want but I wouldnt doubt that even a small human part of him has that thought of hundreds of thousands of millions of people rest in his hands.....

The don't have to squat - just mind the children, cook the meals and do the cleaning.

Yeah, we're aware Trump organizations hire illegals. It's well documented.

That's why Trump wants to waste $5b on a wall instead of spending the money where it might do some good.

Personally, the fault for this lies at the feet of the GOP. They're full of ****. Which is why I haven't voted for one in a national election since 2004.

They should have passed funding for this long ago. The fact that they haven't shows that they don't believe in securing our borders.

If it wasn't for fat checks going into their campaign coffers they'd just as readily give up our 2nd Amendment rights as well. Scandalous ass hoes...

Got no use for none of these SOBs...

Yeah, we're aware Trump organizations hire illegals. It's well documented.
= "But, Mommy, Donald did it too".

JustHanging said:
That's why Trump wants to waste $5b on a wall instead of spending the money where it might do some good.
Yeah, the military could probably use an extra 5 bil.

Back
Top Bottom