• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs Pelosi, By the Numbers

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Severe ass beating say the numbers.

Poll of the week: An ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that only 37% of Americans approve of the job President Donald Trump is doing. A significantly higher 58% disapprove. This makes for a net approval rating of -21 points.

The previous ABC/Washington Post poll put Trump's net approval rating at -13 points, so his net approval rating fell by 8 points.

What's the point: Make no mistake: Trump lost the shutdown fight. The ABC News/Washington Post poll is merely the latest to show that Trump's approval rating was plummeting. In average of all recent polls, Trump's net approval rating had dropped 6 points compared to before the shutdown.

...at the same time Trump's approval rating was declining, Pelosi's ratings were actually increasing. In an average of the five most recent polls taken, Pelosi's net favorability rose 3 points compared to where she was before the shutdown began. The average poll now consistently has Pelosi more popular than Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/26/politics/poll-of-the-week-trump-pelosi-shutdown/index.html

Blundering dolts blunder. And, Pelosi cleaned this dolt's clock.

You certainly love your polls and your spin. This we know.

But I would caution you. Remember the last time people touted the polls: They ended up crying.

You certainly love your polls and your spin. This we know.

But I would caution you. Remember the last time people touted the polls: They ended up crying.

Weird, the Electoral College didn’t save Trump from the public thumping he just took.

and the American people loose again. Too bad Pelosi and Trump can't seem to work together. Instead it seems they want to bring the US down.

Re: Pelosi v. Trump approval:

From a document referenced in the rubric article:​
Poll of the week: A Gallup poll out this week finds that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has a favorable rating of 38% and an unfavorable rating of 48%. That's bad enough for a net favorability rating of -10 points.

The same poll also showed that President Donald Trump's favorable rating is 40% to unfavorable rating of 58%. That means his net favorability rating is -18 points.​

Though the polling bodes comparatively better for Pelosi than for Trump, one can't make too much of poll results whereby the key takeaway is tantamount to "She stinks. Yes, but he stinks a lot more." LOL

I will say that Trump's "stinking" so much, if that status endures for much longer, may embolden someone to "primary" him for the GOP nomination.

Something that struck me in the rubric article is this: "Other polls ... found a similar 20-point margin advantage for congressional Democrats vs. Trump and congressional Republicans on the shutdown." Generally, the only political bloc whose approval nearly always is "in the tank" is Congress. That Congressional Dems managed to collectively and positively distinguish themselves from their legislature opposites is quite surprising for it suggests the citizenry, on the whole, think Dems are doing the right thing(s).

and the American people loose again. Too bad Pelosi and Trump can't seem to work together. Instead it seems they want to bring the US down.

Why would anyone work with Trump and the Deplorables? **** that. Go Nancy! Jam their bull**** right back up their ass.

Why would anyone work with Trump and the Deplorables? **** that. Go Nancy! Jam their bull**** right back up their ass.

Very mature comment /sarcasm/

So tell us, how was the shutdown a win for the American people? Besides the non funding of 5.7 billion wall.

Very mature comment /sarcasm/

So tell us, how was the shutdown a win for the American people? Besides the non funding of 5.7 billion wall.

Are you pretending the shut down was not Trump's doing?

And, you call my previous post immature.

Why? Because they ain't Democrat scumbags you support!

Scumbags? Oh, you mean Trump supporters. Yes. They most certainly are that. Stupid ones too.

Are you pretending the shut down was not Trump's doing?

And, you call my previous post immature.

Did I say that?I have stated in other threads I hold the President and Congress for the shutdown. Clear enough for you?

Now answer my question how was the shutdown a win for the American people? The question has nothing to do with who caused or is responsible for the shutdown.

Did I say that?I have stated in other threads I hold the President and Congress for the shutdown. Clear enough for you?

Now answer my question how was the shutdown a win for the American people? The question has nothing to do with who caused or is responsible for the shutdown.

Stupid question. THe shutdown was bad for the country. But, Dems not caving in to Trump's blackmail was good for it.

Stupid question. THe shutdown was bad for the country. But, Dems not caving in to Trump's blackmail was good for it.

I see, you put a political win over actions that are good for the country. For you it doesn't matter if the public is hurt. Got it.:mrgreen:

I see, you put a political win over actions that are good for the country. For you it doesn't matter if the public is hurt. Got it.:mrgreen:

Not a political win; a win against fascist authoritarianism. Too bad you do not get it.

The Republicans spent 8 years putting "political wins" over what was good for the country during the Obama years...now you're angry when the shoe is on the other foot?

BTW, I'm not convinced "the wall" is good for the country at all, despite the bull**** Trump and his goons are spewing.

You keep framing your point as if they're both responsible for Trump proudly shutting down our government, taking the mantle and refusing to blame the Dems. Remember one of the two has a long history of working with the Repubs, the other has a long history of working and running his organizations by himself.

Who's more likely to be willing to work with the other side? America looses because Trump can't control his fits of anger.

Did I say that?I have stated in other threads I hold the President and Congress for the shutdown...

Holding both parties equally responsible for his hurtful act is not reasonable.

Stopping an imperial president from holding our economy hostage may cost billions, but in the long run, it makes us a better country. It's a small price to pay to stop one of our CO-equal branches of government from grabbing more power than what our Constitution provides...

The Republicans spent 8 years putting "political wins" over what was good for the country during the Obama years...now you're angry when the shoe is on the other foot?

BTW, I'm not convinced "the wall" is good for the country at all, despite the bull**** Trump and his goons are spewing.

Where did you get I was angry? I asked Clam a question regarding his statement of "THe shutdown was bad for the country. But, Dems not caving in to Trump's blackmail was good for it."

Unless you get specific on your Rep/Obama statement I can't really respond. I did not agree all the time with President Obama and his policies he wanted.

Where did you get I was angry? I asked Clam a question regarding his statement of "THe shutdown was bad for the country. But, Dems not caving in to Trump's blackmail was good for it."

Unless you get specific on your Rep/Obama statement I can't really respond. I did not agree all the time with President Obama and his policies he wanted.

Do you think caving to blackmail is a good thing to do?

Unlessyou get specific on your Rep/Obama statement I can't really respond. I did not agree all the time with President Obama and his policies he wanted.

ObamaCare. Look, we can debate whether or not it was "good for the country", but there's no doubt the GOP only opposed it for political reasons (especially since it was largely based on RomneyCare). When they finally got back into power in 2017, we seen the many years they spent claiming they had a "better replacement" was all a farce, as they had nothing.

You keep framing your point as if they're both responsible for Trump proudly shutting down our government, taking the mantle and refusing to blame the Dems. Remember one of the two has a long history of working with the Repubs, the other has a long history of working and running his organizations by himself.

Who's more likely to be willing to work with the other side? America looses because Trump can't control his fits of anger.

Holding both parties equally responsible for his hurtful act is not reasonable.

Stopping an imperial president from holding our economy hostage may cost billions, but in the long run, it makes us a better country. It's a small price to pay to stop one of our CO-equal branches of government from grabbing more power than what our Constitution provides...

Your dislike for Trump is noted. I don't like him either. If Congress had passed a 2018 budget within a decent timeframe (not CR's), there would have not been a "shutdown". Congress has been living on CR's for way to long.

He cleaned his own dumbass clock, really.

But I am glad that the Dems finally located their spine. I'd been wondering where they left it....

Your dislike for Trump is noted. I don't like him either. If Congress had passed a 2018 budget within a decent timeframe (not CR's), there would have not been a "shutdown". Congress has been living on CR's for way to long.

And, who has been in control of the House and blocking bills in the Senate since 2010?

The person answered your question, said no it's not good for the country so where did you get the rest from?

Back
Top Bottom