• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs GOP

Who needs who the most moving forward?

• Total voters
Personally, I see it as affirmation that the Religious Right, America First flag worshipers, Constitutional Originalists, Gun Nuts, Libertarians and Conservatives are really all a bunch of racist authoritarians who fall to their knees the moment the anti-Christ (as in opposite of Christ) tells them what they want to hear. To me, it was never a surprise. None of this was--Trump's four years played out exactly as I knew they would.

In other words, Sarah Palin was not an anomaly. She was a harbinger. And, Trump is the lifeblood of that side of the political spectrum.

I could make this a long story, but I'll make it short.

Many years ago during GWB jr.'s administration during the rise of the Corporate States of America, I told some friends that as far right as the country was heading, there would be a left wing backlash against the rising income differential ( the haves and have nots ). I saw it as boycotts and work stoppages.

Then we had the corporate/banking collapse, a black president, and the racist rise of the right. So, I was completely wrong.

Fast forward to Trump being elected. His constant rhetoric of hate and division along with attacks on the press, and my thoughts changed dramatically. While I didn't see a terroristic sedition on Capitol hill coming, the violence was inevitable and I suspect it isn't over soon.

I'm not convinced he created more racism, but he made it cool for them to come out from under the rocks they have mostly hid under for 60 years. This is a major setback in my opinion because I don't know how you move forward without forcing the treasonous, racist, bastards back underground first. The GOP has some soul searching to do, and they won't have much time. Trump on the other hand, I expect him to fan the flames in anyway that he and his spawn can perpetuate.

The only way the Dems can get more than 74+ million votes...for anyone...is if they commit election fraud like they did for Biden.

(Of course, that worked once...no reason it won't work again, right?)

Absolutely correct.

You should inform your like thinking associates that voters of your ilk should probably give up the democratic process of this country from this point forward.

Elections have been pre-determined deep into the 22nd Century.

However, let it be known that all of the Right Wing Nuts opinions will be treated with "All Due Respect"

They will if it is between a GOP elite and a Democrat. You're right that if Trump is in the picture they won't, but this will benefit Democrats, not the GOP or Trump.

Republicans are favored in 2024 futures, Abcislands:

POLITICAL FUTURES
Cut Off
#
Description
Odds
POLITICAL FUTURES - Jan 19
2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
WINNER OF 2024 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
01/19/2021
DEMOCRATS - 2024
+105
01/19/2021
REPUBLICANS - 2024
01/19/2021
THIRD PARTY - 2024
+1750

I think you mean they can't win without TRumpism.

Oh they can, they survived, the Great Depression, Isolationism before WWII, McCarthy, Nixon, and they will tRump. Americans want to be proud of their nation, hope for a good future, and a decent standard of living.

Whichever party, or combination thereof, that puts that first- not tax gimmicks or lavish social or military spending will succeed.... once upon a time bi-partisanship ruled. Get rid of gerrymandered districts and the Republic stands a fair chance... ✌

Oh they can, they survived, the Great Depression, Isolationism before WWII, McCarthy, Nixon, and they will tRump. Americans want to be proud of their nation, hope for a good future, and a decent standard of living.

Whichever party, or combination thereof, that puts that first- not tax gimmicks or lavish social or military spending will succeed.... once upon a time bi-partisanship ruled. Get rid of gerrymandered districts and the Republic stands a fair chance... ✌

can't agree, not at all.

Trumpism is not a political party, it is a religion.

Every time from now forward.

You might as well retire. You are helpless before us.
Right. Who says criminals never win or that crime doesn't pay? The Trump haters proved it does.

Right. Who says criminals never win or that crime doesn't pay? The Trump haters proved it does.
/// The Trump haters proved it does. /// How so? Specifics, please.

I could make this a long story, but I'll make it short.

Many years ago during GWB jr.'s administration during the rise of the Corporate States of America, I told some friends that as far right as the country was heading, there would be a left wing backlash against the rising income differential ( the haves and have nots ). I saw it as boycotts and work stoppages.

Then we had the corporate/banking collapse, a black president, and the racist rise of the right. So, I was completely wrong.

Fast forward to Trump being elected. His constant rhetoric of hate and division along with attacks on the press, and my thoughts changed dramatically. While I didn't see a terroristic sedition on Capitol hill coming, the violence was inevitable and I suspect it isn't over soon.

I'm not convinced he created more racism, but he made it cool for them to come out from under the rocks they have mostly hid under for 60 years. This is a major setback in my opinion because I don't know how you move forward without forcing the treasonous, racist, bastards back underground first. The GOP has some soul searching to do, and they won't have much time. Trump on the other hand, I expect him to fan the flames in anyway that he and his spawn can perpetuate.
Well, considering the fact that you a outright wrong in the very first sentence of your story...

The rise of what you call "the Corporate States of America" (Better known as the Globalist.) came much earlier than GWB Jr. In fact, it started around the time that Reagan had to deal with a Democratic Congress.​

...it's not surprising that you are outright wrong about everything else you said.

can't agree, not at all. Trumpism is not a political party, it is a religion.

It's not, anymore than Reaganism was. Idolatry more like it. Taken on the hope it isn't the big lie wrapped in our flag. Later found to be a poison pill wrapped in our future. But give it a few years and a new crop of Republicans, we just might have something. FYI, all this from a guy who is DEEPLY embarrassed by my Senator Langford. I never voted for him but he represents my state and his quibbling about the need for a 10 day delay, now a limp wristed 'apology' to black voters. He once was a rather good Army Officer. Shame what dogma can do to a man... ✌

Yup. Stole two elections under your nose and tricked 100s of Republicans into losing their right to bear arms after they serve ten years under the law trump reactivated to get BLM.

Goo times man. Good times.

I think you mean they can't win without TRumpism.
But it looks like they're playing the long game, disavowing QAnon in the hope they can shed the looniest and keep some of the more grounded trump fans on the GOP reservation.

But Im pretty sure we're better off today for 2022 than we were on the 6th of january.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mc...-riot-senate-weighs-another-impeachment-trial

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., placed blame on President Trump for the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6 that left five people dead, including a Capitol police officer.

McConnell addressed the insurrection during a floor speech Tuesday afternoon and said Trump "provoked" the mob that tried to use "fear and violence" to stop the Joint Session of Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden's win.

"The mob was fed lies," McConnell said. "They were provoked by the president and other powerful people."

This could get interesting...

The GOP is dead to me. It died when they let the neo confederates in with the southern strategy.

That's because Trump was on the Republican ticket. If he wasn't, a huge portion of his votes would have been diverted by whomever was. If the GOP aligns with Trump once again, he has a chance. If they don't he doesn't. That means Trump needs the GOP, and they need him.

The best hope the GOP has is if Trump is completely out of the picture and they get ALL of his supporters back. In that scenario alone are they a threat to Democrats, assuming the current political environment.

Trump must either crawl back to the GOP, or cut his losses and retire from public life. Any other scenario is a benefit to Democrats.

Agreed with this.

I have many, many family members who are generally a-political, somewhat fiscally conservative and almost always vote straight Republican. All being fairly self-made and financially successful they tend to veer right simply based on fiscal policy. However, all also being 1st or 2nd generation immigrants who left countries lacking democratic institutions, they have an enormous allergic reaction to any political structure resembling a dictatorship, monarchy or otherwise heavily nepotistic government and would never, ever vote for a Trump Family Party if there is a Republican Party alternative that advocates the same fiscal policy.

I think there are a LOT of voters amongst that 74 million who are in it for fiscal conservativism and anti-abortion and will go along with whomever gives them that + the least drama.

I realize this is just one slice of the 74 million but I still wanted to offer it up.

Reactions: lwf
Well, considering the fact that you a outright wrong in the very first sentence of your story...

The rise of what you call "the Corporate States of America" (Better known as the Globalist.) came much earlier than GWB Jr. In fact, it started around the time that Reagan had to deal with a Democratic Congress.​

...it's not surprising that you are outright wrong about everything else you said.

I believe I kept it short and my first sentence therefore is not wrong.

I'm correct. You appear to be naive and not interested in either government nor economics based upon the thousands of posts you've made in the short time I've been here. I can only imagine the other 60+ thousand semi-educated posts you made prior to my arrival.

You're dismissed

I believe I kept it short and my first sentence therefore is not wrong.

I'm correct. You appear to be naive and not interested in either government nor economics based upon the thousands of posts you've made in the short time I've been here. I can only imagine the other 60+ thousand semi-educated posts you made prior to my arrival.

You're dismissed
Awww...

Did I chap your ass?

I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom