• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs GOP

Who needs who the most moving forward?

• Total voters

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Who needs who the most moving forward??

Please feel free to explain your reasoning.

Trump should come out of the closet and admit he is Americas Mussolini.

could-donalt-trump-become-a-dictator-like-benito-mussolini-or-8711937 (1).png

• Trump needs GOP the most
  • Trump doesn't need the GOP. He already has most of their rank and file.​
  • GOP needs Trump the most
  • They need him, but they won't get him. They had their chance and they blew it.​
  • Trump should dump all things GOP now and start own party
  • Not only should he, but he probably will.​
  • GOP should turn on Trump like spoiled eggs in the August sun.
  • They already turned on him...and on their own rank and file.​
  • They are both doomed - no turning back now
  • The GOP is doomed. Trump is not.​
  • Other - please explain
  • Already explained.​

• They need him, but they won't get him. They had their chance and they blew it.​
  • Other - please explain
  • Already explained.​
For once I agree with you completely!

Odds said you'd get a really bad narrative to distribute eventually.

Today is the day! Huzzah!

For once I agree with you completely!

Odds said you'd get a really bad narrative to distribute eventually.

Today is the day! Huzzah!
shrug...

Nothing special...just my usual truth.

90% of the GOP are die hard Trumpists.

If the GOP does the right thing and tosses Trump to the curb, TRump can start his own party and the GOP will become the 3rd party.

The GOP needs TRump is the correct answer to the poll question.

90% of the GOP are die hard Trumpists.

If the GOP does the right thing and tosses Trump to the curb, TRump can start his own party and the GOP will become the 3rd party.

The GOP needs TRump is the correct answer to the poll question.

I don’t think that’s true.

I think once Trump was nominated, 90% tolerated him because he had the crown.

Time will tell how many remain “loyal” once he’s without any “legitimate power”.

I bet you’ll see a lot of R’s trying to wash that Trump stink from their bodies and clothes.

Sad to say, but the GOP is toast without Trump. It's the main reason they kissed his ass for four years. If the MAGA crowd bails and refuses to vote, the Dems will win every election from here on out.

You are confusing the elected republican officials with the generally populous. They had to tolerate Trump because the voters made clear that they are Trumpists first, republicans second. A distant second at that.

You are confusing the elected republicans officials with the generally populous. They had to tolerate Trump because the voters made clear that they are Trumpists first, republicans second. A distant second at that.
Yep. The GOP bent over so far backwards to draw in the trailer trash they are now trailer trash.

Sad to say, but the GOP is toast without Trump. It's the main reason they kissed his ass for four years. If the MAGA crowd bails and refuses to vote, the Dems will win every election from here on out.

The MAGA crowd will vote against the Dems regardless of who the R’s support or throw under the bus.

Hell, at least 50% of the MAGA crowd won’t be able to remember 2020 by the time 2024 comes around.

If you're talking about 2024, then if Trump runs a campaign the only chance the GOP or Trump would have would be for the GOP to fall in line behind him like they did in 2016.

They are stronger together than they are apart at this point, but together they lose moderates and independents which they can't afford. Apart, the GOP gains moderates and independents but loses nationalists and populists to Trump, and Trump in turn loses the independents and moderates. The GOP's only hope is for Trump to permanently retire somewhere and keep quiet, allowing Trump supporters to trickle back into the fold.

The MAGA crowd will vote against the Dems regardless of who the R’s support or throw under the bus.

Hell, at least 50% of the MAGA crowd won’t be able to remember 2020 by the time 2024 comes around.

If the GOP tosses TRump, they will vote GOP just like they supported Pence when he did his job.

• Other - please explain
  • Already explained.​
Seeing rank and file = Trump is so Nazi like, I don't even have to point it out.

Seeing rank and file = Trump is so Nazi like, I don't even have to point it out.
Of course. You see Nazis everywhere. Just like Antifa.

He doesn't have enough. 2020 proved that. Trump lost too many moderates and independents, and the insurrection is only going to further shrink that number.

I don’t think that’s true.

Time will tell how many remain “loyal” once he’s without any “legitimate power”.

I bet you’ll see a lot of R’s trying to wash that Trump stink from their bodies and clothes.

It started after the election in November, and really accelerated after the 6 Jan attack.

If you're talking about 2024, then if Trump runs a campaign the only chance the GOP or Trump would have would be for the GOP to fall in line behind him like they did in 2016.

They are stronger together than they are apart at this point, but together they lose moderates and independents which they can't afford. Apart, the GOP gains moderates and independents but loses nationalists and populists to Trump, and Trump in turn loses the independents and moderates. The GOP's only hope is for Trump to permanently retire somewhere and keep quiet, allowing Trump supporters to trickle back into the fold.

A third party threat just means the Dems control for 8 years.

By then Trump is probably dead anyway so it becomes moot.

Assuming Trump isn’t convicted of crimes and in prison long before then.

Remember the Tea Party? Where are they now?

Trumpublicans are doomed to follow same trajectory as the Tea Party. Bright flame that burns out quickly.

Reactions: lwf
He doesn't have enough. 2020 proved that. Trump lost too many moderates and independents, and the insurrection is only going to further shrink that number.
What 2020 proved is that Trump has more than 74 million people voting for him. A big part of that 74+ million are Republican rank and file, but there are also a lot of independents and even a good number of walkaway Democrats.

This should scare the shit out of both the GOP and the Dems. (And, given their actions with this impeachment nonsense, I'd say they are pooping all over the place.)

What 2020 proved is that Trump has more than 74 million people voting for him. A big part of that 74+ million are Republican rank and file, but there are also a lot of independents and even a good number of walkaway Democrats.

This should scare the shit out of both the GOP and the Dems. (And, given their actions with this impeachment nonsense, I'd say they are pooping all over the place.)

That's because Trump was on the Republican ticket. If he wasn't, a huge portion of his votes would have been diverted by whomever was. If the GOP aligns with Trump once again, he has a chance. If they don't he doesn't. That means Trump needs the GOP, and they need him.

The best hope the GOP has is if Trump is completely out of the picture and they get ALL of his supporters back. In that scenario alone are they a threat to Democrats, assuming the current political environment.

Trump must either crawl back to the GOP, or cut his losses and retire from public life. Any other scenario is a benefit to Democrats.

Last edited:
That's because Trump was on the Republican ticket. If he wasn't, a huge portion of his votes would have been diverted by whomever was. If the GOP aligns with Trump once again, he has a chance. If they don't he doesn't. That means Trump needs the GOP, and they need him.

The best hope the GOP has is if Trump is completely out of the picture and they get his supporters back.
The GOP rank and file kicked the GOP Elite's preferred candidates to the curb in favor of Trump. They won't just lay down and blindly follow those Elites again. Especially after their actions of the past four years. It doesn't matter who the GOP Elites trot out. Their ex-rank and file will not come back to them.

The GOP rank and file kicked the GOP Elite's preferred candidates to the curb in favor of Trump. They won't just lay down and blindly follow those Elites again. Especially after their actions of the past four years. It doesn't matter who the GOP Elites trot out. Their ex-rank and file will not come back to them.

They will if it is between a GOP elite and a Democrat. You're right that if Trump is in the picture they won't, but this will benefit Democrats, not the GOP or Trump.

Back
Top Bottom