• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs Biden on Fossil fuel

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Anybody that watched the debate last night., might have heard Biden bring up fossil fuel.

CNN says that may have hurt him in some states.

America " that is if anybody is keeping up with American values and wants" has ask for alternative fuel to oil before.
For those that don't remember.
Americans first ask for alternative fuel in 1968.
Then again in 1978 "gas lines"
Then in 1988 gas prices spike
Then in 1998
Then in 2008
Then in 2018
Would have ask again in 2020 but other things became the priority or was supposed to.

Anybody that watched the debate last night., might have heard Biden bring up fossil fuel.

America " that is if anybody is keeping up with American values and wants" has ask for alternative fuel to oil before.
Then in 1998
Then in 2008
Then in 2018
Would have ask again in 2020 but other things became the priority or was supposed to.
Trump hit the nail on the head at 1:59:15

Trump hit the nail on the head at 1:59:15

How long must America and Americans depend on Fossil fuel for energy and transportation?
How much more oil is in the earth for Americans to get and use?
American oil corporations continue to use oil because it's easy to get easy to us just a couple of refineries and you got gas.
However, with this pandemic oil profits drop.

As I said in the OP , the first time Americans ask for Alternative fuel to oil was in 1968.
Since then , American corporations tried hydrogen which there is a car that runs only on Hydrogen sitting on the floor in Detroit.
Granholm , one time governor of Michigan had a building set up with using just Hydrogen fuel cells., every light came on.
Hydrogen fuel cells were becoming popular some people even bought stock in Hydrogen.
Then the propaganda started , "it's to expensive to get" ' it's too dangerous to use "
You put competitive fuel to oil on the market you going to hear the same crap.
The corporations always look at the negative actions never the positive.
Like oil , flammable, known to destroy land and sometimes water.
When transporting by water accidents have accrued " ACCIDENTS "Exxon" leaks" BP OIL" "PIPELINE THOUGH INDIAN LAND "
So it's not like everything with oil is just going smoothly.
Society tends to overlook that though .
I can not believe Americans have come so complacent that anything new that can or might replace something old is looked at with suspicion and doubt..
So society sticks with oil as an energy source because of the many jobs lost?
Doesn't society know that plastics are made from oil.
So you take away the oil for energy you still have oil or plastics..
A lot of plastics still mean a lot of jobs.

Then in 1998
Then in 2008
Then in 2018

When did you do the following - since that is what you claim YOU demand:

1. When did you put an electric car charging station at your home?
2. When did you put solar panels on the roof of your home?
3. When did you first buy an electric car and what brand?

Answer those to prove you believe your own message about what Americans want.

So, we going to play that game, huh?
Right out of the od GOP handbook.
To answer your questions .
No to all.
However in my defense I don't see that many average Americans in electric cars .
I don't see too many solar panels going up either.
I haven't bought an electric car yet.
Say , I got an deal .
Why don't you run poll to see how many electric cars are out there and who owns them?
My turn to ask questions.
These questions you ask.
Question #1.
When did you put an electric car charging station in your home?
Same time you had yours installed , oh that's right you don't have one do you .
That's ok a huge majority of Americans don't .
Question #2
When did you put Solar panels o your home?
Gee with all the money I have and all the money in circulation after this new stimulus bill passed; What's that the new stimulus bill didn't pass.
Oh well I guess that concentration of Solar panels will hve to wait.
Question #3
When did you first buy an electric car and what brand.?
Excuse me I'm afraid you have me confused with your rich Right wing friends,
Unfortunately electric cars area bit out of my price range.
Perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned but you see when I buy a car , I BUY A CAR , not the financing not the bank payment.
I buy a car I want that pink slip , I don't want payments to get the car , I

So, we going to play that game, huh?
Right out of the od GOP handbook.
To answer your questions .
No to all.
However in my defense I don't see that many average Americans in electric cars .
I don't see too many solar panels going up either.
I haven't bought an electric car yet.
Say , I got an deal .
Why don't you run poll to see how many electric cars are out there and who owns them?
My turn to ask questions.
These questions you ask.
Question #1.
When did you put an electric car charging station in your home?
Same time you had yours installed , oh that's right you don't have one do you .
That's ok a huge majority of Americans don't .
Question #2
When did you put Solar panels o your home?
Gee with all the money I have and all the money in circulation after this new stimulus bill passed; What's that the new stimulus bill didn't pass.
Oh well I guess that concentration of Solar panels will hve to wait.
Question #3
When did you first buy an electric car and what brand.?
Excuse me I'm afraid you have me confused with your rich Right wing friends,
Unfortunately electric cars area bit out of my price range.
Perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned but you see when I buy a car , I BUY A CAR , not the financing not the bank payment.
I buy a car I want that pink slip , I don't want payments to get the car , I get the title the car might not be has new but the title is mine.

The rest of the world is going to transition to allelectric cars in the next few decades and the US can either join in or fall behind.

The UK will ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars in 2030 for example.

The rest of the world is going to transition to allelectric cars in the next few decades and the US can either join in or fall behind.

The UK will ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars in 2030 for example.

Although I am a retired Auto worker , worked assembly lines for a number of years.
History paints a dim view of American auto makers.

I n the 60's Japan came out with cars that had more miles to the gallon.
America although was told kept making mussel cars with V8 engines and 4 barrel carbs .
American auto workers fell behind been playing catch up ever since.
Foreign based cars are outselling American cars in their own backyard.
Chrysler "or is it Fiat now" GMC still owes money from the bailout of 2014.
Ford just limps along

The almost complete lack of American made cars on UK roads is an indication of where you rank now.
Japanese, German and Korean cars are everywhere so it's not like we don't buy foreign cars. US cars just don't sell here because they're mostly huge and guzzle petrol like mad.

Try driving a Hummer around a British town and you'll find out what it's like to be instantly hated by everyone as it's not really designed with what amounts to medieval street layouts.

The almost complete lack of American made cars on UK roads is an indication of where you rank now.
Japanese, German and Korean cars are everywhere so it's not like we don't buy foreign cars. US cars just don't sell here because they're mostly huge and guzzle petrol like mad.

Try driving a Hummer around a British town and you'll find out what it's like to be instantly hated by everyone as it's not really designed with what amounts to medieval street layouts.
That is no surprise to me while GM is closing factories, Honda is hiring more people and expanding in America.

Back
Top Bottom