• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vows to put "America first" in foreign policy

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In a rare formal policy speech, Republican front-runner Donald Trump vowed Wednesday to put American security "above all else" if elected president, warning allies they would be left to defend themselves if they don't "pay their fair share." He also called for an easing of tensions with Russia "from a position of strength, only."

"'America first' will be the major and overriding theme of my administration," Trump said in a 38-minute address at a Washington hotel.
News from The Associated Press

In a rare formal policy speech, Republican front-runner Donald Trump vowed Wednesday to put American security "above all else" if elected president, warning allies they would be left to defend themselves if they don't "pay their fair share." He also called for an easing of tensions with Russia "from a position of strength, only."

"'America first' will be the major and overriding theme of my administration," Trump said in a 38-minute address at a Washington hotel.

Empty platitudes! Hooray!

Not a terrible speech, just unsure it means all that much just yet.

Thanks for posting this. I missed it and was curious what he would come up with.

He did not say anything concrete, except, perhaps, about the newly-found need to be "more unpredictable" (Huh?)
More importantly, he did not bother to reverse his most idiotic foreign policy pronouncements, from making Mexico pay for the Border Wall and banning Muslim travel to arming Japan with nukes.

"'America first' will be the major and overriding theme of my administration," Trump said
in a 38-minute address at a Washington hotel.

There's not going to be a Trump administration.

Wait and see.

Empty platitudes! Hooray!

I am missing proposals, outlining exactly how he might accomplish all the he is promising to do. We are where we are, and the volatile situations aren't getting any better by wishful thinking or by hoping the predecessors had done differently.

Trump is a total idiot when it comes to dealing with world affairs, every time he opens his mouth on the topic he proves it.

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/725383286747443200

A table of the contradictions contained within Donald Trump's foreign policy speech today

jjgZbdY.jpg

What a dip****.

Its nice to know he will make great deals to make America Great Again. We can all sleep easier tonight.

I had this on CNN and watched with interest at first, but soon relegated it to the background.

My overriding impression: He's a boring Presidential speaker! :doh

He really didn't look comfortable, and quite honestly wasn't that great of a formal speaker. He seemed overly restrained and out of character. He was uninspiring.

But he didn't commit any errors, and proved he could do it. So good enough, I suppose.

I had this on CNN and watched with interest at first, but soon relegated it to the background.

He really didn't look comfortable, and quite honestly wasn't that great of a formal speaker. He seemed overly restrained and out of character. He was uninspiring.

But he didn't commit any errors, and proved he could do it. So good enough, I suppose.

Did he use the word "strategery"?

Trump is a total idiot when it comes to dealing with world affairs, every time he opens his mouth on the topic he proves it.

And obama isn't?! LMFAO! And Hillary will be....? :lamo

Last edited:

I had much the same impression. The guy is a lot more interesting just flying by the seat of his pants sprinkling his patter with off the cuff insults and humorous characterizations.

There's not going to be a Trump administration.

Wait and see.

What makes you so **** sure?

Welcome to America's political system. When was the last time a candidate gave something other than empty rhetoric?

Yep!

That's because it was written by a speech writer and Trump is a spontaneous speaker...off the cuff, can think on his feet and doesn't.....coughalot! ;)

That is funny. There are no contradictions there.

Exactly!

Its nice to know he will make great deals to make America Great Again. We can all sleep easier tonight.

I'll sleep better with Trump as President, than Hillary.
She leaves people to die in the middle of the night.....ask Chris Steven's widow!

Donald spells his name "America" now. That is what I got from this.

Back
Top Bottom