• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump voters --- why should I care about Hunter Biden?

Stick to the facts, please....lala land is bs.
Those are facts. The fact is we have no idea where the laptop came from and why it is that Rudy has it and what happened with it in the meantime of the shop owner, the call and we do not even know who dropped it off to them, because that is not Hunter's actual signature...it is a not very good forgery of his signature.

Biden voters.Why should I care about Ivanka or Donald Jr.?

The only reason you should is they weren't going to get their security clearances and daddy overwrote it so he could have them working with them. In their positions Ivanka has violated the hatch act many times and Trump himself continues to use an unsecured cell phone for official work.

Uh, I didn't attack Greenwald the person at all in that post. I pointed out holes in his ARGUMENT, and how YOU are interpreting that argument. There's a difference, and you know it, so why not address the substance of my comments?

And I'm not a "Bind [sic] anti corruption zealot" I'm just wondering when anyone will provide any evidence, at all, of a corrupt act by Joe Biden. So far you're failing miserably at what should be the simplest of tasks.

Look, I’m happy to help with some rudimentary English teacher comprehension points about how people will generally interpret your comments:

I really couldn't care less about anything than Greenwald's opinion on anything

Here he does a typically dishonest move

Greenwald is a hack these days

These would generally be considered attacks on Greenwald the person, not his arguments. You are calling him a dishonest hack whose arguments you don’t care about then you proceed to basically ignoring his arguments, which are in fact backed up by articles appearing in Reuters at the time which I have linked. If your intent is to engage on the actual content you can simply ignore the fact Greenwald is the messenger and click on the links. This is not what you did.

If we forget that the link I started with was from Greenwald all of the following are still true and documented:

Biden released $1 billion of aide to the Ukraine in return for them appointing a prosecutor who was widely described in as an unqualified partisan lackey with a personal history of corruption.

I’m not sure how you can’t put these pieces together with the whole “Joe was meddling in Ukraine to fight *against* corruption” legend being propped up by the Biden friendly media today (and by you...)

What in this Reuters article gives you the idea the impression at the time was that this was a coup for the forces fighting corruption in the Ukraine? There were so many parts to choose from:

To shouts of “shame” from some lawmakers, Poroshenko told parliament that his ally, Yuriy Lutsenko, a former interior minister and head of Poroshenko’s parliamentary faction, would build public trust in the prosecution service.

The appointment may disappoint the European Commission, which like the United States and the International Monetary Fund, has tied aid to Ukraine to Kiev’s performance on corruption and reforms. Brussels had urged Poroshenko to nominate someone seen as independent who had a legal background.

Lawmakers had earlier passed a law removing a requirement that only a person with a legal background can fill the post.

He was subsequently jailed for embezzlement and abuse of office, though his defenders said the sentence was politically motivated. He was released in April 2013 on health grounds.

His career has had its colourful moments. In May 2009 he resigned as interior minister after being detained by police at Frankfurt airport for being drunk and disorderly, although the ministry denied the incident had taken place.

“All his actions will be an imitation of work,” said Yegor Sobolev, a lawmaker from the reformist Samopomich party, which quit Ukraine’s ruling coalition this year.

“The basic idea is making sure that nothing gets done. It is clear that the oligarchs will be untouchable, that the basic units of kleptocracy in the SBU (security service), courts and the prosecutor offices will also remain intact.”

So, if you as an objective reader encountered this article back in 2016 before you had developed a compulsive need to defend Biden what would you think?

“Hmm, sounds like Biden really did a good job with the anti-corruption thing here."

Because it sure doesn’t look to me like a fight against corruption is what’s going on here.

Seems like you’d have to pick between “Biden wasn’t actually fighting against corruption” or “Biden is grossly incompetent and got played”.

Of course it’s possible Biden didn’t really know much about the players in the Ukraine. If only he had some way to get some recommendations from someone with some knowledge of the locals he could trust. Like if there was a family member who was really plugged into some big Ukrainian outfit like Burisma, right? As luck would have it someone close to him actually did have a high paying job at a Ukrainian company for which he was wildly unqualified. Amazing how these coincidences just sometimes happen.

I have to add, this one is my favorite:

His career has had its colourful moments. In May 2009 he resigned as interior minister after being detained by police at Frankfurt airport for being drunk and disorderly, although the ministry denied the incident had taken place.

The denial has just has such a wonderful “Ministry of Truth” sort of feel about it. If the incident didn’t take place why did he resign?

And it’s not like the Frankfurt airport is some party loyalist center that goes around fabricating incidents.

"Nothing to see here with this public incident I resigned over that didn’t happen, now let me get back to rooting out corruption."

It feels like hiring OJ to go looking for the real killer.

Look, I’m happy to help with some rudimentary English teacher comprehension points about how people will generally interpret your comments:

You responded to this post in which I made my points without attacking Greenwald, but pointed out his comments do not show what you allege they do.

So, Greenwald concedes that the policy of firing Shokin wasn't Joe Biden's but also the policy of the UN and the U.S. government, including our ambassador to Ukraine. He has no evidence of any wrongdoing by Joe Biden, makes no allegation of wrongdoing at all, doesn't cite any corrupt act, concedes there's no evidence firing Shokin benefitted Burisma at all, but concludes that it cannot be because Shokin WAS a corrupt POS, but something else motivated the U.S. and UN in getting Shokin fired.

OK let's accept that as all true. So what? We're still left with Joe Biden advancing the interests of the UN and U.S. when getting a clearly corrupt prosecutor fired. It would be in fact justifiable if we simply believed the replacement guy was corrupt in a way we liked, protected our allies, versus those of Russia. Don't know if that's the case but whatever it is Greenwald makes no allegations of wrongdoing by Joe Biden.

There's not an attack of Greenwald anywhere in that post. I'm not addressing the rest because you're arguing in bad faith. If you want to address the points I made versus dishonestly dismiss them, fine. I'll engage. If not, also fine.

Here's a fact....no crimes have been confirmed by law enforcement

Joe Biden is compromised by our enemies, therefore has no place to be our President....he is out. Lying about his son's business dealings.....he is out. A corrupt media covering for him....he is out. Strike three and it's all over.

Joe Biden is compromised by our enemies, therefore has no place to be our President....he is out. Lying about his son's business dealings.....he is out. A corrupt media covering for him....he is out. Strike three and it's all over.
Well none of that is true.....so theres that. Lol

Provide a source or you are just posting opinion.

So, was Trump's kids flight in the same plane also quid pro quo?

Joe Biden went with Hunter to China and a few days later, won't ya know, they got billions of dollars......yeah, we know Joe and he's gotta go.

Joe Biden went with Hunter to China and a few days later, won't ya know, they got billions of dollars......yeah, we know Joe and he's gotta go.
No it was trillions.

Billions!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Those are facts. The fact is we have no idea where the laptop came from and why it is that Rudy has it and what happened with it in the meantime of the shop owner, the call and we do not even know who dropped it off to them, because that is not Hunter's actual signature...it is a not very good forgery of his signature.

There will be more to come....stay tuned. Denial does not negate truth, it only attempts to hide it.

No it was trillions.

Billions!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

"The meeting took place just hours before the senior Biden met Chinese officials, according to the book.

Ten days later, Rosemont made a deal with the Bank of China valued at $1 billion, and later boosted to $1.5 billion, The Hill reported.

Biden, who turned down a chance to run for president in 2016, citing his eldest son Beau Biden's death, is still a prominent potential 2020 candidate.

When they arrived in China, Biden, Hunter, and his daughter Finnegan were 'greeted by Chinese children carrying flowers,[and] the delegation was then whisked to a meeting with Vice President Li Yuanchao and talks with President Xi Jinping,' according to the book.

'Rosemont Seneca and the Bank of China created a $1 billion investment fund called Bohai Harvest RST (BHR), a name that reflected who was involved. Bohai (or Bo Hai), the innermost gulf of the Yellow Sea, was a reference to the Chinese stake in the company. The “RS” referred to Rosemont Seneca. The “T” was Thornton,' according to the book."

From: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5507429/Bidens-son-Hunter-deal-Bank-China-fathers-trip.html

"The meeting took place just hours before the senior Biden met Chinese officials, according to the book.

Ten days later, Rosemont made a deal with the Bank of China valued at $1 billion, and later boosted to $1.5 billion, The Hill reported.

Biden, who turned down a chance to run for president in 2016, citing his eldest son Beau Biden's death, is still a prominent potential 2020 candidate.

When they arrived in China, Biden, Hunter, and his daughter Finnegan were 'greeted by Chinese children carrying flowers,[and] the delegation was then whisked to a meeting with Vice President Li Yuanchao and talks with President Xi Jinping,' according to the book.

'Rosemont Seneca and the Bank of China created a $1 billion investment fund called Bohai Harvest RST (BHR), a name that reflected who was involved. Bohai (or Bo Hai), the innermost gulf of the Yellow Sea, was a reference to the Chinese stake in the company. The “RS” referred to Rosemont Seneca. The “T” was Thornton,' according to the book."

From: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5507429/Bidens-son-Hunter-deal-Bank-China-fathers-trip.html
Great! So what?

Provide a source or you are just posting opinion.

Anyone who has been above the ground the last week know of what I speak.....it's funny to watch the deniers scramble....rofl.

Anyone who has been above the ground the last week know of what I speak.....it's funny to watch the deniers scramble....rofl.
So tell us why the fbi had the laptop for 10 months and no charges.

Great! So what?

Amazing.....you would rather vote for a corrupt candidate and hang a man on false accusations of treason, than have sound reason.....wow.

Amazing.....you would rather vote for a corrupt candidate and hang a man on false accusations of treason, than have sound reason.....wow.
Corrupt? You have had 10 months to file charges

What is the holdup?

So tell us why the fbi had the laptop for 10 months and no charges.

Maybe we need to know the answer to this....hopefully not akin to the FBI deceitfully obtaining Fisa warrants on American citizens.

Maybe we need to know the answer to this....hopefully not akin to the FBI deceitfully obtaining Fisa warrants on American citizens.
No I am asking you. Trump runs the fbi....what's the holdup...until 2 weeks before the election

Come on man

I asked for a source. It seems you are to unsure to provide one.

Is this report accurate and true? If not, why and source your information.
Seems to put a damper on your beliefs , if true

No I am asking you. Trump runs the fbi....what's the holdup...until 2 weeks before the election

Come on man

Well, this information should of been brought out during the impeachment farce, but they held onto it....why? Only because the guy made a copy of the hard drive have we learned of this terrible and pathetic use of political office from Biden. They guy is a liar.....come on man. We now know Joe and Joe's gotta go!!

Well, this information should of been brought out during the impeachment farce, but they held onto it....why? Only because the guy made a copy of the hard drive have we learned of this terrible and pathetic use of political office from Biden. They guy is a liar.....come on man. We now know Joe and Joe's gotta go!!
So you cant answer. Trump runs the fbi and the fbi has the laptop for ten months with no charges. Why wait 2 weeks before the election to show this copy of it?

Dude...come on

So you cant answer. Trump runs the fbi and the fbi has the laptop for ten months with no charges. Why wait 2 weeks before the election to show this copy of it?

Dude...come on

I said dude, that we need to find out why the FBI did not bring about this information during the fake impeachment fiasco, which it should of been, but who knows? You are asking the wrong person....go ask the FBI, dude.

Back
Top Bottom